Members Lounge
Members Lounge

Missing their first crush!

Ms. Bholi Bhali IF-Sizzlerz
Ms. Bholi Bhali
Ms. Bholi Bhali

Posted: 31 January 2005 at 10:50am | IP Logged

Musing their first crush…

Ever wonder what our TV celebs have to say about their first love? That first crush, the very first infatuation?
We prodded the memories of some of our stars while they were shooting, only to find that most of them think the same as you and me, when it comes to the ways of the heart.

Poetry was never so interesting

Gaurav Chanana, the cool dude from Delhi's Air Force Bal Bharati and now, the hazel eyed two timer in Star One's Yehi to hai woh had his first crush at the age of 12…. on his English teacher. "She had the most beautiful eyes I had ever seen. She was fair, stunning, and intelligent with a pleasing personality. Her teaching style was so elegant that I just couldn't keep my eyes off her. In fact I started loving her poetry and prose sessions and English became my favourite subject. My crush lasted for two years till she got married and left," he sighs.

"I think one can never forget their first crush; these would always remain in your heart. It's a beautiful thing to experience but real love is magical. I have a steady girlfriend in Delhi and wish to marry her soon," he smiles wickedly.

Super Girl fantasy

"Helen Staler (Super Girl from the movie Super Girl) was my fantasy," says VJ Keith who currently has Dekho magar pyar se in his kitty. "I saw the movie at least six times and had her posters all over my room. Man, I remember I had such a crush on her. In my 12- year-old mind, I was going to marry her one day. I just loved the way she portrayed the character of Super Girl- tough, yet that vulnerable look, which would make you want to protect her."

"My fiance Samyukta is just like Super Girl, tough with a blend of innocence and vulnerability," he says smilingly.

When sari works its magic

"It was a sari day in our college, when this guy came and complimented me. Throughout the day I was blushing and felt like a princess. The irony was I was never even aware of his existence until then," recalls Narayani Shastri of her first year in Symbiosis, Pune. "We were in the same class studying Arts. I thought he was cool looking with an immense personality, and he became my first crush. I guess the compliment did the trick and later we started seeing each other," she blushes.

My first crush was my first love and I believe in love at first sight, else my relationship with him wouldn't have lasted for four years. You can fall in love with someone over time, or you can fall in love almost immediately," she sighs nostalgically.

In game for love

"I was in my seventh grade when I saw this girl in my neighbourhood. She was very sweet with long hair and a cute face," reminisces Sudip Sahir, the medico whiz from Ayushmaan. "By the time I felt something for her and worked up the courage to tell her about it, she shifted her house. For a few hours, I was left with a broken heart but the next day I was back in school playing football," he laughs.

"I really don't believe in love at first sight or crushes because it's not love. To me, a girl would become completely attractive after I have spoken to her and can have a good conversation. It's a clich but it works for me," he says matter- of- factly.

_anonymous Goldie
_anonymous
_anonymous

Posted: 31 January 2005 at 10:59am | IP Logged
thanx 4 da article!
pyaraladki Groupbie
pyaraladki
pyaraladki

Posted: 31 January 2005 at 11:11am | IP Logged
very interesting. thankz.
meghavi IF-Rockerz
meghavi