Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

'Rocket Singh' opens to shockingly low response (Page 6)

Post Reply New Post

Page 6 of 7

Page 1 Page 5
Page   of 7
Page 7 Page 7

ajooni

IF-Rockerz

ajooni

Posted: 13 December 2009 at 10:08am | IP Logged
Browse > Home / Short Takes / 'Salesman Of The Year' Breaks Record Of Many Years!

'Salesman Of The Year' Breaks Record Of Many Years!

December 12, 2009 by TFSJ 

Rocket SinghThere was divided opinion in the industry, prior to the release of Yash Chopra's Rocket Singh ' Salesman Of The Year, about the opening it would take on Friday.
While some felt, Ranbir Kapoor would bring the crowds into the cinemas on the first day, others were sceptical about the opening because of the low-key promotion and lack of popularity of the film's music. But even the most pessimistic person in the trade must not have expected Rocket Singh to start on as poor a note as it actually did yesterday (11th Decem­ber)! Collections were shockingly weak in almost every circuit, every centre, every cinema.

At Shiela cinema in Roh­tak (East Punjab), Rocket Singh could collect just Rs. 3,000 in the first show on Friday against a capacity of ' hold your breath! ' Rs. 65,000! At the same cinema, Ranbir's earlier film, Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani, had collected Rs. 60,000 in the opening show, five weeks back. While the first day of Ajab Prem' had closed at Rs. 2,06,000 at the cinema, the first day's total of Rocket Singh was a measly Rs. 36,000.

The first show's collection at the cinema is, perhaps, the lowest in years. The previous record for dismal collections was held by Venus' Maan Gaye Mughall-E-Azam which recorded Rs. 6,000 in the first show of the first day. Rocket Singh has collected 50% of the lowest ever collection. In Dehradun, it was released in just one cinema ' Natraj ' where it collected Rs. 6,000 in the first show. Ajab Prem Ki Ghazab Kahani, on the other hand, had opened in two cinemas. In spite of that, its first show at New Empire, Dehradun was of Rs. 35,000.

In a city like Pune, while the week's other major release, The Twilight Saga: New Moon (English) recorded full houses in three auditoria of E-Square multiplex in the first show, Rocket Singh couldn't even draw enough crowds to fill one auditorium. Ghaziabad, Lucknow (Rs. 4,400 in the first show at Pratibha against a capacity of Rs. 25,000), Bom­bay, Delhi' the opening was pathetic almost everywhere.

Issue dated Dec 13 ' 19, 2009

Edited by ajooni - 13 December 2009 at 10:10am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "'Rocket Singh' opens to shockingly low response (Page 6)" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Varun_Mehta

IF-Sizzlerz

Varun_Mehta

Posted: 13 December 2009 at 10:12am | IP Logged
biggest flop of yashraj ever...i guess...wait a minute....am talking abt the report not commenting on the content of the movie...the movie i have heard is good

scinerd

Goldie

scinerd

Posted: 13 December 2009 at 12:25pm | IP Logged
i liked the promo, it was cute, ranbir looked genunine, I actually never really liked ranbir but after seeing how geninune he looking in both the song and the promo, I can't wait till my exam are over so I can watch it.

but I agree I think its because of over exposure of ranbir. Hes not really akshay kumar who we love to see agian and agian. but i'm really sad this movie is not doing well. I really thought it had a good msg.

Varun_Mehta

IF-Sizzlerz

Varun_Mehta

Posted: 13 December 2009 at 12:28pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nidhi_88

i liked the promo, it was cute, ranbir looked genunine, I actually never really liked ranbir but after seeing how geninune he looking in both the song and the promo, I can't wait till my exam are over so I can watch it.

but I agree I think its because of over exposure of ranbir. Hes not really akshay kumar who we love to see agian and agian. but i'm really sad this movie is not doing well. I really thought it had a good msg.
LOLppl never love to see AK but his baseless comedies thts why he is there, but this yr proved tht akshay is not a guarantee of hits...all his films flopped dis yr except de dana dan nd KI which was average as well

-Aladin-

IF-Dazzler

-Aladin-

Posted: 13 December 2009 at 12:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Human_Torch

LOLppl never love to see AK but his baseless comedies thts why he is there, but this yr proved tht akshay is not a guarantee of hits...all his films flopped dis yr except de dana dan nd KI which was average as well

Human_Torch ji, you need to see public reviews. 

Fact is most Akki's movies have a huge opening.  It's not like he is the only one who does movies in the comedy genre.  There are many who do comedies yet those movies do not get a huge opening.  Whether the movie does well or not later, is another story.  No star can guarantee a hit.  Even SRK has had flops, hasn't he?  Aamir is the only one who can guarantee a hit most of the times.  That's a fact.  Tongue

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

scinerd-iktaara-

lalixlily

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 13 December 2009 at 2:11pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

scinerd

Goldie

scinerd

Posted: 13 December 2009 at 2:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Human_Torch

Originally posted by nidhi_88

I agree his flims have flopped but he does have good openings. Aamir has had a few flops too but not to many but Aamir does one or 2 films a year. Hence he isnt over exposed. Sometime ppl just get sick of seeing some actors faces. Esp when half them time their in the media for other reasons other than their movies.  I

vssaras

IF-Rockerz

vssaras

Posted: 13 December 2009 at 3:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lalixlili

Ajab worked mostly thanks or because of Kat --- and RanKat = fresh jodi so it added to the curiosity...

I agree..I think Ranbir has just been overhyped and I am not convinced he has made his mark either as an actor or a star yet....

Post Reply New Post

Go to top