Page   of 7
Page 2 Page 7

laali4shekhar

Goldie

laali4shekhar

Posted: 11 December 2009 at 10:00pm | IP Logged
B.O. update: 'Rocket Singh' opens to shockingly low response
- By Taran Adarsh, December 12, 2009 - 08:29 IST
Everyone was expecting ROCKET SINGH - SALESMAN OF THE YEAR to start with a bang, given the fact that Ranbir Kapoor's last two films, WAKE UP SID and AJAB PREM KI GHAZAB KAHANI, had fetched a flying start. Also, the fact that Aditya Chopra, Shimit Amin and Jaideep Sahni had teamed up with Ranbir, only raised the expectations from the film. But the poor start of ROCKET SINGH sent shock waves within the industry. The film had a 20% to 40% start at certain plexes and at places, 10% to 15% start.

The reports are extremely mixed and it remains to be seen if the film picks up on Saturday and Sunday, like Yash Raj's previous two biggies, CHAK DE INDIA and RAB NE BANA DI JODI.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Aladin-Angelic_JSiddhi_

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "'Rocket Singh' opens to shockingly low response" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

toothbrush13

IF-Dazzler

toothbrush13

Posted: 11 December 2009 at 10:36pm | IP Logged
Hmm... well I'm in the US and I'm not sure about how it was in India, but the promotions here have been dismal.  Most people don't even know what this movie is and I didn't know that it released today!

I've only seen two commercials total for this movie (it was the same promo, just on two different days); there has been absolutely no hype at all.  Now over-hyping isn't good at all, but people should atleast know that the movie exists and when it is releasing.

I guess if word of mouth is good then it will pick up this weekend.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

-Aladin--.nandini.--SMay31-kawal_takwida

Enycedoll

IF-Rockerz

Enycedoll

Posted: 11 December 2009 at 11:21pm | IP Logged
i think the yash raj camp has come with a new promoting strategy that doesnt seem to be working, they seem to be promoting a new movie like 2 weeks before its release and im not too sure if that's enough to create hype.

-Aladin--.nandini.--SMay31-

LifeOLicious

IF-Sizzlerz

LifeOLicious

Posted: 11 December 2009 at 11:41pm | IP Logged
I am not surprised though. A movie with no songs no romance? R u kidding me? Hope it goes the Chak De way....

Anyways I think I am gonna like this movie....I read the reviews and it seems I am gonna connect.....most college graduates get a shocker when they join the work force....their rose tinted world shatters and that protective bubble of academics bursts. Curious to see what Shimit has done!

Edited by LifeOLicious - 11 December 2009 at 11:42pm

-Aladin--.nandini.-wida

saffronblu

Groupbie

saffronblu

Posted: 11 December 2009 at 11:55pm | IP Logged
The film was soo goood! It was Ranbir Kapoor, Shimit Amin and Jaideep Sahni at its finest. Defintely one of the best years of the year.

Its a simple situation where everyone can relate to the film, the character of Rocket Singh.

If you don't like it, its cause you didnt get it.

Its soo nice to see we can make original novel scripts about everyday life situations!!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

wida

LEO88

IF-Dazzler

LEO88

Posted: 12 December 2009 at 4:20am | IP Logged
the movie looks good but these days even hypes dosent help much

desigal90

IF-Stunnerz

desigal90

Posted: 12 December 2009 at 4:23am | IP Logged
Why are almost all movies opening up below expectations? I'm scared about 3 Idiots now...

LEO88

IF-Dazzler

LEO88

Posted: 12 December 2009 at 4:24am | IP Logged
i am also maybe people r not excited

Post Reply New Post

Go to top