Fashion and Beauty

Conservative clothing after marriage? (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 5

Page 1 Page 4
Page   of 5

--arti--

Goldie

--arti--

Kasturi, RKS Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 26 December 2009 at 10:50pm | IP Logged
I think only TV shows have girls dressing totally conservatively after marriage. That too in really stereotypical ways. Why don't they show some of them wearing comfortable and casual Indian clothes like just jeans and a kurta? Or just a simple cotton shalwar. TV serials just have to show maximum bling, so they glam up the actors.

In real life I don't think marriage radically alters somebody's wardrobe!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Jess.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Conservative clothing after marriage? (Page 5)" in Fashion and Beauty forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

princessonline

IF-Dazzler

princessonline

Posted: 31 December 2009 at 1:35pm | IP Logged
Yeah, i agree with what you are saying because I don't think you should change yourself after marriage. I know that I wouldn't change the way i dress after marriage mostly because I'm always tripping over Salwars and Saris.

I think they only change the way girl dress in shows. What they must do in real life  is wear all the traditional stuff the first couple days of marriage when people are coming in and out to see the new bride but after that they are able to wear what every they want. I know that most Indian families don;t want their daughter in laws to be wearing western outfits which is not fair at all but that how things work in India. The women is always the one that has to change.

Edited by princessonline - 01 January 2010 at 2:07am

tanya12

nondescript

IF-Dazzler

nondescript

Posted: 02 January 2010 at 10:40am | IP Logged
Hey Smile

I think this is a very interesting topic which has been brought forward.

It pretty much depends on the type of family you go to live in.

I'm personally for freedom of choice for women. If they choose to wear clothes which are revealing then it free will, I mean I suppose that is why we are given it (In this given case), but then again we must consider the disparities that exist within expectations of women too, and the different types of lifestyles we live.

Some may live in joint families where covering of the head with Pallu, wearing saris etc is expected of, in terms of respect, but then again we have modern lifestyles where we seem more relaxed and more free. For freedom of choice, however we must not exploit it for example I personally dislike the idea of mini skirts and tank tops on 5 year olds, but some parents choose to allow their children to wear them. So it lays once again on freedom of choice, and the ability to choose what we feel is best for our culture/ lifestyle.

As for Indian Tv serials, I feel sometimes they do over exaggerate, I mean sometimes the women go to bed in their sarees and have heavy make up done LOL

Once again, great topic

Peace Out
Much Love Hannahxx

Edited by hannahdmg - 02 January 2010 at 10:41am

Jess.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top