Fashion and Beauty

Conservative clothing after marriage? (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 5

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 5
Page 4 Page 5

.Roshni.

Goldie

.Roshni.

Posted: 13 December 2009 at 10:04pm | IP Logged

If my in-laws told me to salwar kameez and sari all the time i think i would go crazy. Luckily they're not very traditional so i don't have to worry about that. I love wearing jeans, dresses, t-shirts etc. no one  can take those away from meTongue.I'm not exactly part of a traditonal family {with my dad being hindu and my mom being half muslim ( benagli) and half catholic (italian)} so it would be wierd for me to be all traditional.I actually told my in-laws b4 i got married that I'm sorry but i won't be able to be to wear indian clothes unless there are guests over or i have to go to a party. They didn't mind so that worked out fineThumbs Up

xox

Roshni

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Nikasha..Selena-Lauren.Jess.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Conservative clothing after marriage? (Page 3)" in Fashion and Beauty forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Jess.

IF-Veteran Member

Jess.

Posted: 14 December 2009 at 3:52pm | IP Logged
I know that im gonna wear my chuda for a while(not the whole set! just a small part of it)...but im still wearing jeans! xD

Theres no need to dress traditionally after marriage...if the guy doesnt change anything, why should we?Cool

BTW, when the in-laws approve the girl they should know beforehand that the girl doesnt want to wear traditional outfits ALL THE TIME! I mean i understand temple, parties, and functions but not for daily wear. Depends on the persons habits from before.

Nikasha.

IF-Dazzler

Nikasha.

Posted: 14 December 2009 at 5:07pm | IP Logged
Jess -- If I have to wear chuda (Both parts of my family are from UP, but my mom wore chuda) I'd wear them with sarees and salwaars. I think they look better that way; with traditional clothing.

Jess.

IF-Veteran Member

Jess.

Posted: 14 December 2009 at 5:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Nikasha-

Jess -- If I have to wear chuda (Both parts of my family are from UP, but my mom wore chuda) I'd wear them with sarees and salwaars. I think they look better that way; with traditional clothing.

They look good with traditional clothing, but my friend got married recently & i met her a few days later. She was wearing a black shirt & skinny jeans + chuda
She looked absolutely gorgeous! I think it looked good :)

Nikasha.

IF-Dazzler

Nikasha.

Posted: 14 December 2009 at 5:55pm | IP Logged
I guess that's look good... Actually yeah it would. I think it'd look cute with a red dress or something. Maybe a red dress and white scarf so the outfit could match the chuda bangles.

dream

IF-Dazzler

dream

Posted: 14 December 2009 at 10:52pm | IP Logged
oh...actually i love saris...i dnt thnk girls shud wear conservative clothes aftr marriage bt obv they cant wear mini skirts n all these aftr marriage....bt i'll wear sari aftr marriage cuz i luv wearing saris n bangles,...sindoor n all that...Embarrassed

Jess.

IF-Veteran Member

Jess.

Posted: 15 December 2009 at 5:28pm | IP Logged
well i think women still should be able to wear mini skirts after marriage...i have a 40 year old aunt who wears skirts! LOL Not like all the time, but once we went to a water park and she wore a miniskirt over her swimsuit

Thankfully, she doesnt look that old cause i dont like when really old people wear teenage clothes

If your husband doesnt have a problem, why should anyone else? xD

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Nikasha.Jiannax143

Nikasha.

IF-Dazzler

Nikasha.

Posted: 15 December 2009 at 7:11pm | IP Logged
ROFL Jess, I hate it when aunties where sarees and stuff with tennis shoes. It looks so bleh...

Post Reply New Post

Go to top