Fashion and Beauty

Conservative clothing after marriage? (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 5

Page 1
Page   of 5
Page 3 Page 5

.ava

Goldie

.ava

Posted: 12 December 2009 at 11:20pm | IP Logged
I don't think girls have to dress traditional after marriage unless she chooses to dress that way. My mom and aunt were born in Canada so they don't wear sari or salwar kameez unless they're going to a party or guests are coming over or they just feel like it. All my married cousins except one have all changed their style a bit but thats cuz they chose to. I think it's the girls choice, it shouldn't be mandatory. I know for sure that when i get married i'm not changing anything about my style unless something happens and i can't pull it off anymore.

xoxox

Ava

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Conservative clothing after marriage? (Page 2)" in Fashion and Beauty forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

tulipbaby53

IF-Stunnerz

tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 12 December 2009 at 11:51pm | IP Logged
I think that the girl should not be forced into wearing Indian clothes if she does not want to. At the same time though, if it's a love marriage, and if you know  your in-laws are the conservative type, then you should kind of expect that you will need to wear the traditional clothing unless if they tell you it's okay not to.

Nikasha.

IF-Dazzler

Nikasha.

Posted: 13 December 2009 at 7:58am | IP Logged
I didn't mean should girls be forced to wear that stuff -- I mean would you wear it or continue to wear modern clothes?

No Trina, not personally. I kinda... er... said a lot of bad things about you during the Chandni issue. I'm really, really sorry.

tulipbaby53

IF-Stunnerz

tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 13 December 2009 at 12:42pm | IP Logged
Oh okay, sorry, I misunderstood!  No, I don't think I'd change my dressing style after marriage unless if I married into a traditional family or something like that.

Jess.

IF-Veteran Member

Jess.

Posted: 13 December 2009 at 2:19pm | IP Logged
Yea^^
Some in-laws probably want a traditional bahu
but i would only wear suits for parties and functions...not cause i have to.
The first thing i'd ask my in-laws is "do you mind if i dont wear suits all the time"

& if the in-laws are like that then i'll just tell them that im not used to wearing suits all the time and i dont want to. Deal with it. <---haha in a nice way though xD

Reine

IF-Rockerz

Reine

Posted: 13 December 2009 at 3:33pm | IP Logged
I am not going to wear traditional clothes after I get married. Even if I get married, my tastes are just the same, so I dont see no reason why I wouldnt wear what I wear now. Its not the in laws who are wearing the clothes, its me, so I dont think I have a problem. But yeah, I will always try and wear traditional clothes when we have to wear them. like for a prayer meet or ceremony. Otherwise, I cant live w/o my tees and jeans! lol

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Jess.

tulipbaby53

IF-Stunnerz

tulipbaby53

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 13 December 2009 at 3:42pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Jess.

Yea^^
Some in-laws probably want a traditional bahu
but i would only wear suits for parties and functions...not cause i have to.
The first thing i'd ask my in-laws is "do you mind if i dont wear suits all the time"

& if the in-laws are like that then i'll just tell them that im not used to wearing suits all the time and i dont want to. Deal with it. <---haha in a nice way though xD

LOL yeah, i'd have trouble if my in-laws told me to wear a sari everyday b/c i can't even wrap one LOL

i also can't manage wearing salwar kurta everyday b/c i'm used to jeans and t-shirt type of outfits

Nikasha.

IF-Dazzler

Nikasha.

Posted: 13 December 2009 at 5:36pm | IP Logged
Traditional clothes aren't much of a problem for me... Somedays I just wear them, just-like-that. They're comfy and fit well. I wouldn't want to wear some heavily embroidered party wear type thing though. No, just some plain cotton suits and stuff will do. I think after marriage I'll just wear some good, comfortable modern clothes. I won't necessarily change my dressing sense as a whole, but might add a mangalsutra and a few bangles to a daily get up... To be modern and traditional at the same time.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top