CID
CID

India-Forums

Instructions on how to record CID

debayon IF-Sizzlerz
debayon
debayon

Posted: 11 December 2009 at 1:46pm | IP Logged

All right, I have been asking people like a beggar to record old CID episodes, but in vain. A lot of people told me that they would be willing to help me if they knew how to do so. So I looked it up and found instructions on how to record live TV from Tv to computer. Hope you can help that way.

Personal Computers today are extremely fast and come with huge hard drives. Capturing television broadcasts or tapes is easier than ever, as long as you have the right hardware and software. There are many options available, but the method can be broken down into two categories: Capture with an internal video card or the use of a BoB (Break Out Box).

Using an internal video card involves cracking open your computer case and physically installing the card, or buying a PC with a card pre-installed. BoBs connect to your computer by either a USB 2.0 or IEEE 1394 (firewire) port. Either device will allow you to connect a video or television signal to your PC.

Once you have the signal connected to your PC, software to guide you in the capture of the signal is required. Most video capture cards and BoBs come bundled with the necessary software. Depending on which software package you are using, the TV broadcasts and videos can be burned to either CD or DVD. Other software packages allow a user to control the TV broadcast and let the computer work like a DVR.
What this basically means is that if any of you have a computer or even better, a laptop(because it's portable) that has an internal video card in it, all you need is one of those wires that connects the TV to the computer. Uplaoding it to Youtube is easy.

Also, I want to make something clear. I AM NOT BEING SELFISH OR GREEDY. It's just that whenever you all talk about the old CID episodes that are shown on Sony nowadays, I feel like someone just stabbed me in the heart because CID is very dear to me and I want to enjoy those old episodes as they are very precious to me. But I can't watch Sony because I live out of the country and so, don't have access to it. I tried looking for paid websites online that show Sony but in vain
So, I hope you guys can help me and thanks in advance.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

luna_lovegood

jettythegod IF-Rockerz

Posted: 11 December 2009 at 2:04pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
debayon IF-Sizzlerz
debayon
debayon

Posted: 11 December 2009 at 2:16pm | IP Logged
But I can't watch it on TV because I don't live in India.
jettythegod IF-Rockerz

Posted: 11 December 2009 at 2:19pm | IP Logged

debayon IF-Sizzlerz
debayon
debayon

Posted: 11 December 2009 at 2:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by gengarjetty2

Originally posted by debayon

But I can't watch it on TV because I don't live in India.

wait so all this while you've been watching cid online Ouch
exactly. Hence, I have been emphasizing that plzzzzz upload CID old episodes online. If I was in India, I wouldn't care because we had Sony when we were in India.
visrom IF-Veteran Member
visrom
visrom

Posted: 11 December 2009 at 7:57pm | IP Logged
Thanks for this info, but honestly most of us here are not familiar with such gadgets and are not allowed to tamper with our computers. We'll be whacked if  we try such things with our laptops. Can you let us know any easy method?
debayon IF-Sizzlerz
debayon
debayon

Posted: 11 December 2009 at 8:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by visrom

Thanks for this info, but honestly most of us here are not familiar with such gadgets and are not allowed to tamper with our computers. We'll be whacked if  we try such things with our laptops. Can you let us know any easy method?
Wait, in case you don't understand, let me explain: A video card is something that should be pre-installed in your laptop(depends on how old your computer is). However, if it is not, PLZZZZZ DONT BUY A NEW ONE. Now, if you probably have Vista or WIndows 7, it makes it easier as there is a option for recording video. Then, you connect it with your TV via a USB cable and just press the record button. If you have XP, I'm not sure about the procedure though it is pretty hard.  Also, it'll be easier to record with a camcorder though the video won't look very good.

Edited by debayon - 11 December 2009 at 8:05pm
jettythegod IF-Rockerz

Posted: 11 December 2009 at 9:56pm | IP Logged

Go to top