Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ultimate_Shadow thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 14 years ago
Originally posted by: LifeOLicious

Omkara didn't work? I thought it was a hit!

no it wasn't yes it enjoyed long run in the theatres but the budget and the revenues couldnt be recovered
-Divyaa- thumbnail
I still wonder that ?I've watched that movie like 100 times n never got bored it had some beautiful messages ,really light n fun moments as well ,very inspiring movie the songs were just wow! especially the last song makes me cry,i didn't think it was slow either n trust me have watched many films that are slower than this like salaam-e-ishq ,oh gosh what a pain watching dat movie!
Originally posted by: -Divyaa-

I still wonder that ?I've watched that movie like 100 times n never got bored it had some beautiful messages ,really light n fun moments as well ,very inspiring movie the songs were just wow! especially the last song makes me cry,i didn't think it was slow either n trust me have watched many films that are slower than this like salaam-e-ishq ,oh gosh what a pain watching dat movie!

lol hahaha agreed
gujunpyo thumbnail
there have been much slower movies that Swades.Swades has its share of light moments.it had every relation depicted very well.i guess the aam janta will always go for a DDD before a swades.
-Divyaa- thumbnail
Originally posted by: aneeshadgr8

there have been much slower movies that Swades.Swades has its share of light moments.it had every relation depicted very well.i guess the aam janta will always go for a DDD before a swades.<br>

hahha agree n we ain't mango people πŸ˜† but i also love comedies πŸ˜ƒ
gujunpyo thumbnail
nothing wrong with comedies,but today the direction have made comedy synonymous with brainless crap.dont tell me u cannot make a comedy which makes us think too.there have been movies like Andaaz apna apna,munnabhai series recently,which were intelligent,commercial attempts at comedy.

swades 's ending wasnt liked by many,i remember.it was too preachy according to many.so wat ending did they expect..?dat he took his family back to amreeka..?..
-Divyaa- thumbnail
I agree sometimes mindless comedies makes me sick,but sometimes i enjoy them LOL like i loved hungama,hulchul n hera pheri but honestly din't like DDD very much!
and the ending was meant to be like dat ,it was aimed to teach people that coming back here n being a part of this system n helping n changing our country is a noble thing to do but audience found it filmy , thats what a lot of people told me
they were like how can he leave a job in NASA come back to a village? I thought dat was cool ,it must've be difficult to do that but its not impossible I've seen many do that a family friend of ours left his job in us n came here to south India n is doing agriculture so there u go!nothing's impossible:)
gujunpyo thumbnail
ya,there have been instances where such things have happened.leaving a job from abroad and settle in your country.dats what patriotism is .today the youth is all about working abroad.country is in a bad state,so why do we live here.😳
-Divyaa- thumbnail
I hate it when some foreign return says that to me n my mama said that last week n i was like yaa v r all idiots n only ur smart n wait till they kick u out one day n u come here crying n everyone was like shocked n i got up n walked out of the place! πŸ˜†Edited by -Divyaa- - 14 years ago
brownies thumbnail
honestly, i felt as if the storyline was a little similar to Lagaan. Like one man taking up a cause or whatever. Ashutosh did well w/ Lagaan. Swades was a lot like Lagaan in terms of theme, only set in modern-day India...and the same theme twice rarely works.