Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

dream

IF-Dazzler

dream

Posted: 11 December 2009 at 10:05am | IP Logged
hey frnds have any1 used netbooks?...how is hp mini 110-1050 netbook..have anyone ever used it?...any idea.....my bro needs a netbook that he can carry anywhr esp for using net n work!..plz wana knw ur opinion!

Edited by dream - 11 December 2009 at 10:06am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "help-hp mini laptop" in Computers, Science, Technology forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

petticoat

IF-Stunnerz

petticoat

Posted: 14 December 2009 at 12:44pm | IP Logged
umm

as far as mini laptops go, EEE asus is the best brand..

generally the issue is the lower RAM size..

i dont know people using HP mini laptops...but i have a pretty abd experience with Dell and hp..in regard to coooling issues...

asus EEE is a good deal..and I recently bought a Lenovo mini laptop for my dad...... i hear it is good too

pay attention to the weight...

dream

IF-Dazzler

dream

Posted: 14 December 2009 at 9:34pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by carolinecj

umm

as far as mini laptops go, EEE asus is the best brand..

generally the issue is the lower RAM size..

i dont know people using HP mini laptops...but i have a pretty abd experience with Dell and hp..in regard to coooling issues...

asus EEE is a good deal..and I recently bought a Lenovo mini laptop for my dad...... i hear it is good too

pay attention to the weight...

well i guess hp 110's weight is 1.3 kg & dell inspiron 10 mini one's weight is 1.1 kg...m really confused...which one u got fr ur dad?..have u used asus Seashell one or 900 netbook?...actually mostly it is needed for using net anywhr n fr carrying anywhr...besides my bro has another acer laptop bt itz quite heavy to carry...can u help me a bit more...thanks

Edited by dream - 14 December 2009 at 9:36pm

petticoat

IF-Stunnerz

petticoat

Posted: 14 December 2009 at 9:55pm | IP Logged
oh ok

i actually am buying a lenovo lapto for my dad

BUT my roommate has bought ASUS eee for her parents... i have worked with it a few times

i have heard asus eee is the best in teh small laptops range

and pretty sleek too

my experience with asus eee has been very good :) no idea about hp

dell I wouldnt recommend to ANYbody after my bad experience with dell monitors

dream

IF-Dazzler

dream

Posted: 17 December 2009 at 9:26am | IP Logged

oh ok

i actually am buying a lenovo lapto for my dad

BUT my roommate has bought ASUS eee for her parents... i have worked with it a few times

i have heard asus eee is the best in teh small laptops range

and pretty sleek too

my experience with asus eee has been very good :) no idea about hp

dell I wouldnt recommend to ANYbody after my bad experience with dell monitors

oh thanks alottt...
bt i've one question related ti notebooks...as i was looking fr hp n other netbooks...i found that they dnt have any cd/dvd drive...so hw do u fix it wen windows crash...n u've to load windows again..u knw boot setup n all dat...i do it with h vista/xp cd bt how to do it wid netbooks?...pen drive..is it?....hope i cud explain my quesLOLLOL

petticoat

IF-Stunnerz

petticoat

Posted: 17 December 2009 at 9:46am | IP Logged
hahah

dont worry

there are two different ways

for one... u knw how to get into the set up when the computer normally boots.... keep pressing F8 key..it will get into a setup system..where in u can reload the operating system without using a cd,...

thats the nicer part of newer laptops..u dont have to have the OS cd...always to reboot..

all u have to do is restore the system to factory defaults..and tadaa.. it is new

:P

OR

if u indeed want a CD player..there are external cd/dvd players u can buy and use..:P

does that explain?

PS: i havent heard of an OS in pendrive yet

Edited by carolinecj - 17 December 2009 at 1:45pm

dream

IF-Dazzler

dream

Posted: 18 December 2009 at 7:25am | IP Logged

hahah

dont worry

there are two different ways

for one... u knw how to get into the set up when the computer normally boots.... keep pressing F8 key..it will get into a setup system..where in u can reload the operating system without using a cd,...

thats the nicer part of newer laptops..u dont have to have the OS cd...always to reboot..

all u have to do is restore the system to factory defaults..and tadaa.. it is new

:P

OR

if u indeed want a CD player..there are external cd/dvd players u can buy and use..:P

does that explain?

PS: i havent heard of an OS in pendrive yet

oh wow...thanks...it seems quite simpleLOLEmbarrassedWink...1st one is easy....i didnt knw only pressing F8 will fix d prob ...wow....i didnt knw abt it...thanks....Big smile

|Persephone|

IF-Veteran Member

|Persephone|

BollyCurry Director

Posted: 18 December 2009 at 12:01pm | IP Logged
I personally got a hp mini recenlty... i got the 110-1131.... It came very well recommended (I work at an electronics store) I personally love it... i was in the same situation as ur brother... have a nice dell laptop, however it is ridiculously heavy to carry around... I mainly use my netbook for browsing the net and some basic word/excel stuff... the only bad thing (maybe) is that the battery life is only 3.5 hours or so... That didn't really matter much to me though, since i am always close to an outlet... So battery life might be something you might want to look into... But anyways, I would def. suggest hp, asus is good as well as carolinecj said... Here is a pretty nice website with good reviews you might want to look at: http://www.laptopmag.com/review/advsearch.aspx?pcid=1624&spcid=2143

Also, you can OS and some other softwares on memory cards (usually a standard SD card) which works great with netbooks because almost all of them have memory card slots

Edited by luvya4ever - 18 December 2009 at 12:03pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

petticoat

Post Reply New Post

Go to top