Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 14 years ago
Originally posted by: karandel_2008

I told you what I felt.  Be happy and no more posts on politics from me.

sorry. i mean it. i lost it there

now sophie. that's history. that candle blew out in cannes. or was it nice. auggie was a few months back you see๐Ÿ˜†
gumsum thumbnail
Originally posted by: Crimson_Sky

So hello friends,

I know, this is a very ... umm ... arguable topic. But we are supposed to debate here anyways =).

So what do you guyz think? Is there some element of Politics going on ALL OVER India Forums (in its various sections, specially where there are multiple fan followings) and all the best forums throughout the Cyber Space!

There can be members forming groups, informal and sometimes maybe formal. Members can be trying to be friendly with those who they may suppose will be helpful, or atleast, give some boost to status, power. There can be an element of that 'elite' behaviour ... or even the power sharing expectations.

Politics can live and breed in so many places, in so many forms.

So, what do you think? Can we voice this issue in here openly? Is it true, that politics is here... And if that is so, what are the forms you think it exists in?

If it exist, do you think it helps? Or do you think it is a very sensitive and unfortunate consequence, due to which some people may even end up suffering.

I hope we will all come out and debate this topic with courage and an open mind =)

Jiyada load nai lene ka re baba, health ke liye achha nai,kya๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜† 
koi bhaw nai de re la na, tau ghar jane ka.. mast tel me macchhi fry kar ke khane ka๐Ÿ˜† aur khush rahne ka๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†, bindaas๐Ÿ˜›
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
*viewbies note - This thread has been cleaned out for irrelevant posts, personal attacks and digs. If members have any problems or grudges with other member(s) keep it to your personal matters. The public form is not a place to bring out accusations. It takes away from the discussions on hand ruins the atmosphere for other members.

If you feel any member has posted something derogatory or violates COC please report it. If you do not wish to deal with viewbies or moderators you are more than welcome to bypass and take up concerns with GM or admin. The public forum is for topic discussions not personal issues.

From this point I expect every member to stick to the topics on hand. Any deviations, personal attacks, insinuations or off topic personal arguments will not be handled.*

*viewbies note โ€“ edited post. It has been clearly stated that there is no room for digs and insinuations. Further violations will be dealt with severely*

Edited by return_to_hades - 14 years ago
gumsum thumbnail
oops, I missed my masala paan๐Ÿ˜†
Originally posted by: gumsum

oops, I missed my masala paan๐Ÿ˜†

masala paan?
By politics I mean the formation of particular support groups and lobbying. This can happen among older members more than new members, because new members are new! And old members are more aware of the atmosphere and rules of the game.

The more powerful sections of the forum (the law enforcers, or legislatives of the forum) can be taken into support through many activities, such as relationship building, and many other factors.

This might contribute to an indirect power block. A certain group may excercise this power to their benefit. And this benefit may either come through discriminatory activities, helpful activities, or activities which does not concern any one else.

Issues discussed, or a particular fan following (in certain sections of the forum), or a personal grudge ... can make things look very vague aswell.

Can it be said, that the guardians of justice and holders of power, sometimes (in some places) may also (sometimes unwittingly) become a part of this politics ... which can take many colors and shapes?

Any power block is bound to be a subject of struggle. If not now, than surely once... if not open, then in secret. If not evident, then just under the blanket!

Are there victims around in IF? ... how do they feel? ... and is there any IF powerful =) ... who would tend to agree that there is a factor of power struggle (or planning/intention to be powerful) and they are actively involved. And that there have been victims to someone growing strength?

I know its a very controversial topic. Something I thought...is debatable =)..

By politics I mean the formation of particular support groups and lobbying. This can happen among older members more than new members, because new members are new! And old members are more aware of the atmosphere and rules of the game.

*viewbies note โ€“ edited post. It has been clearly stated that there is no room for digs and insinuations. If you have concerns on MID use appropriate channels. Further violations will be dealt with severely*

The more powerful sections of the forum (the law enforcers, or legislatives of the forum) can be taken into support through many activities, such as relationship building, and many other factors.

This might contribute to an indirect power block. A certain group may excercise this power to their benefit. And this benefit may either come through discriminatory activities, helpful activities, or activities which does not concern any one else.

Issues discussed, or a particular fan following (in certain sections of the forum), or a personal grudge ... can make things look very vague aswell.

Can it be said, that the guardians of justice and holders of power, sometimes (in some places) may also (sometimes unwittingly) become a part of this politics ... which can take many colors and shapes?

Any power block is bound to be a subject of struggle. If not now, than surely once... if not open, then in secret. If not evident, then just under the blanket!

Are there victims around in IF? ... how do they feel? ... and is there any IF powerful =) ... who would tend to agree that there is a factor of power struggle (or planning/intention to be powerful) and they are actively involved. And that there have been victims to someone growing strength?

I know its a very controversial topic. Something I thought...is debatable =)..

I wouldn't call this topic controversial.  It's more like making a mountain out of a molehill ๐Ÿ˜†  I agree with what someone here posted - if it works for you, it's fair game.  If not then it's dirty politics.   I would like to add my two cents here --- sometimes, it's easy to blame the mods or other members rather than introspecting where we are going wrong.  After all, it is human nature to pass the blame - right. 
Edited by return_to_hades - 14 years ago
@Gauri:

I hope you are not taking this as a blame. Its just a simple topic on a particular issue.
Nothing is such a big mountain here, which cannot be compared to a mole hill. Plus, it had no such intention anyways.
Perhaps, the puurana papis are back after plastic surgeries =) ... You gave a good name there =D .. I like it.

And this thread is posted with respect for everyone. I dont know if anyone blamed a mod here?

So you dont like the discussion on this issue? =) ... Gauri?... =)

@Gauri:

I hope you are not taking this as a blame.
No no.  Not taking it personally at all because not involved in politics at all.  Jab dadee hee naheen hai toh tinka aaney ka sawal hee naheen utthta - right๐Ÿ˜†

Its just a simple topic on a particular issue.
I realize that and I did say it was not a "complex" topic like you called it before.  Looks like you are coming in line here by realizing that it indeed is just a simple topic - nothing complex or overly debatable.

Nothing is such a big mountain here, which cannot be compared to a mole hill. Plus, it had no such intention anyways.
Perhaps, the puurana papis are back after plastic surgeries =) ... You gave a good name there =D .. I like it.
๐Ÿ˜† yeah, I like that name too.  Fits the bhataktee hui aatmaayen to the T.  and what plastic surgery yaar - just changing the writing style to come across as a newbie doesn't work at all.  I wish folks get more creative with their concealers๐Ÿ˜†

And this thread is posted with respect for everyone. I dont know if anyone blamed a mod here?
Oh baby, god bless your little heart!  If I am not mistaken - you alluded to the power corridor here and only mods have the power...so yeah - you did outrightly blamed the mods for playing favs๐Ÿ˜†

So you dont like the discussion on this issue? =) ... Gauri?... =)
What makes you think I don't like discussion on this issue?  Do you conclude that everytime you hear a counter-view๐Ÿ˜†  Debates get so boring if everyone is on the same side.  As far as the mods bashing goes - been there done that in past.  Aaj thoda taste change karney ka mood hai - wanted some brownies you know - get it๐Ÿ˜‰