New moon Success Turns eyes towards Eclipse and BD

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 14 years ago

'The Twilight Saga: New Moon' success turns eyes toward 'Eclipse' and 'Breaking Dawn'

November 27, 3:44 AMTwilight ExaminerAmanda Bell

Without a doubt, The Twilight Saga: New Moon's uber-successful run in the movie marketplace has turned otherwise unknowing heads, appeased the wishes of Twilight series fans, and left everyone looking forward to the next installment(s) of the Twilight series films.

Of course, The Twilight Saga: Eclipse wrapped up before New Moon hit the first theater, but The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn (be it one part or two) has yet to even reach the official greenlight stage - though the studio has admitted looking forward to making the film(s).

Eclipse, which is directed by David Slade, is due in theaters on June 30, 2010, and it's already a hot-button point of discussion with some of the cast.

For instance, Kristen Stewart revealed what she most looks forward to seeing expounded upon with this, the third installment in the rightly-named "saga." "I'm looking forward to seeing the love triangle actually becoming a problem," she said. "We sort of innocently touch on it in New Moon, but it actually becomes something that is very, very real." Robert Pattinson, quite suitably, looks forward to Bella's "treachery" in Eclipse - make what you will of that.

Of course, Ashley Greene had a few juicy details to share about what to expect from her character (Alice Cullen) as well. (here was a video...but I don't know how to post it...so here is a link to check it http://www.examiner.com/x-4908-Twilight-Examiner~y2009m11d27-The-Twilight-Saga-New-Moon-success-turns-eyes-toward-Eclipse-and-Breaking-Dawn)

Seems, then, that Eclipse will continue the recent acclaimed tradition of earnest punning and reference (if not overt display) to the characters' special gifts . . . delightful.

Once Eclipse has hit theaters (and, assuming the Twilight box office tradition continues - or, perhaps, is furthered by its temporal location in the year's release schedule), the only thing left for the Twilight film series will be Breaking Dawn (unless Stephenie Meyer authors a new installment to the series and agrees to its film transformation).

Assuming Michael Welch is right and the film's greenlit status inevitable, there are still many, many announcements to coincide with that confirmation. For instance, will Melissa Rosenberg come back around for the final Twilight saga leg? Will Breaking Dawn be one film or two? Who will direct it? There are, of course, others . . .

For now, the attention lies with The Twilight Saga: New Moon, but excited eyes are certainly beginning to peer into the (very near) future of this franchise, and as the cast and crew begin to release tidbits such as these, the anticipation will only mount once again.

omg... eclipse sounds so fascinating..
i just hope they have done justice to the book..
im soo looking fwd to it..
thanks alot for the info..
and i hope they make breaing dawn.. break it into two parts yaar but just make it !!
:D

They're so trying to compete with the HP movies. I mean, Breaking Dawn had so much more fluff than an actual story that I have a hard time picturing the director even completing one movie let alone two with it. Deathly Hallows actually had a large plotline and smaller subplots for a 2nd movie, but....whatever.

Eclipse is the one I cant wait for...being my fave out of the series....I cant wait to see the tent scene and the the scenes with Rosalie and Jasper's pasts.......as for BD...eh I'll think about it once it comes out...and they better NOT make it into 2 movies....one BD will be enough!

im eagerly lookign forward to eclipse which was my favourite out of the series, theres so many scenes i casn't wait to see onscreen and i really hope the director does justice to the book but also keep the romantic dialogues in, because i loved twilight and new moon but i didn't think the director in both films included enough of the romantic dialogue between edward and bella and so neighter director was able to fully bring out how much romance there is between the couple. breakign dawn should be made into a movie but only 1, it doesn't have enough substance in the sotry to make two, i mean hp is beign made into two movies for a reason because theres a lot of important parts of the story which have to be included so its only possible for them to include t5hose by two movuies btu im nto sure what breaking dawn has that could be made into two movies and plus not as many twilight fans liked it as thwe other bookx.

Originally posted by Tani91

Eclipse is the one I cant wait for...being my fave out of the series....I cant wait to see the tent scene and the the scenes with Rosalie and Jasper's pasts.......

Me too!!! πŸ˜ƒ

All of this is really making me eager for Eclipse..
 I like the whole love triangle between Edward, Bella & Jacob!
 It'll be good to watch.. πŸ˜‰
 And also the whole fight in the end... Vampires & Werewolves coming together to destroy Victoria & her clan!!
 That'll be good to watch!!
OMG!! I agree wid all of u guys here.. Eclipse has remained my favorite.. Nd i just cant wait it to release.. Nd ofcourse, BD too .. But i always wonder who is going to be renesmee.. I hope its exactly the one like in the book.. I have a picture of her in my mind.. Oh man... Thankxx alott for the article..!!
Looking forward to itπŸ˜ƒ