wonkyfaint thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Did anyone like Purab Kohli's performance in Rock on? (He was KD - Killer Drummer)

I've liked him since his Hip Hip Hurray days (He's been a channel V VJ and done few other movies as well).

Whenever, people review Rock on, it's almost always about Farhan or Prachi. Sure, they were awesome, but come on, I feel Purab deserved some appreciation too lol. He fit the character of KD perfectly- he was so funny- and I was too busy drooling at him to notice anything else lol.

He's such an underrated actor I feel, he's really cute and acts well. I especially liked him in the movie My Brother Nikhil - starring Sanjay Suri and Juhi Chawla.

I loved his rendition of 'I will survive' song in Rock on- it was hilarious.

In most reviews, he was probably mentioned just once or not at all, and the reviews only seemed to focus on Prachi or Farhan, I hope he gets recognition at some point as he's a great actor.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Rock on, another movie I still have to watch. I'm so behind =(
OP, such a refreshing topic! Yes, Purab, he is for sure underrated, goodlooking, too not sure why his flight never took off. He was the best thing in Rock On other than Farhan and Shahana but Arjun and Prachi got all the accolades, weird. I've liked Purab since his hip hip hurray days, his and Pia's characters were my favorites...ahh the good old days. What's he doing now anyways. Any movies coming upEdited by xetaxeta - 14 years ago
RiyaK09 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

I LOVE Purab too. Like xetaxeta said Purab, Farhan and Shahana were the best in Rock On. I liked Arjun a lot too. Yeah Purab played KD perfectly, as a Gujju jeweler and then as a drummer. I remember him from Hip Hip Hurray and I think he was a Mtv India host too.

He was amazing in My Brother Nikhil. He played the role of a homosexual so subtly.

Actually he did get special recognition at Filmfare last year, not an award but like a certificate sorta thing. And yes, he's very cute too.

wonkyfaint thumbnail
Originally posted by: xetaxeta

OP, such a refreshing topic! Yes, Purab, he is for sure underrated, goodlooking, too not sure why his flight never took off. He was the best thing in Rock On other than Farhan and Shahana but Arjun and Prachi got all the accolades, weird. I've liked Purab since his hip hip hurray days, his and Pia's characters were my favorites...ahh the good old days. What's he doing now anyways. Any movies coming up

OMG yay!!! Someone else besides me who thinks he's goodlooking, I mean we all always hear Farhan and Arjun, they're hot etc. but no one mentions darling Purab hehe. I would totally classify him in the hot category. And I agree, Prachi got more appreciation as an actor than Shahana (who was wayyy more awesome). Hip Hip Hurray sigh, such an awesome youth show, no one makes em like that anymore. I lilked Pia too, but my fav was Mona (Nilanjana). I think the reason he probably isn't much popular might be his film choices, he's always been like that, he's done different films, not necassarily commercial but offbeat types, he more script-oriented. His next one is Hide n seek (I guess), it's coming out January 8th. But yeah, I wish he were in more films, I'd go to the theater solely to watch him lol.
-iktaara- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I love him more in my brother nikhil...He was superb there!
wonkyfaint thumbnail
Originally posted by: RiyaK09

I LOVE Purab too. Like xetaxeta said Purab, Farhan and Shahana were the best in Rock On. I liked Arjun a lot too. Yeah Purab played KD perfectly, as a Gujju jeweler and then as a drummer. I remember him from Hip Hip Hurray and I think he was a Mtv India host too.

He was amazing in My Brother Nikhil. He played the role of a homosexual so subtly.

Actually he did get special recognition at Filmfare last year, not an award but like a certificate sorta thing. And yes, he's very cute too.

Oh wow, didn't know he hosted for Mtv India though I think he hosted an SRK-produced show called Knights and Angels, but I didn't get around to watching it. He was just FAB in My Brother Nikhil!
Yeah he did get recognition at Filmfare with Prateik i think, I was surprised but happy of course.
And if anyone hasn't watched Rock On and My brother nikhil, I think they're awesome movies, so check them out.:)

toothbrush13 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I thought he was awesome in Rock On!  I think he portrayed his part well and looked good while doing it.  During all the group scenes my eyes would go straight to him.

I had never seen him anywhere else, except for when they gave him that certificate thing at Filmfare.

I really want to watch My Brother Nikhil now!
-Saru- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
He is very cute,i loved him in rock on esp in the 2nd half.
Daebak thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
 He was the best thing in Rock On