Deepika Padukone to endorse fairness cream (PIC ed - Page 2

Posted: 14 years ago
There is nothing wrong with fairness creams provided they are safe and dont include any harmful chemicals. If it gives someone confidence to go thru their day all the better. But to say that by using these products, you'll get that job you wanted and have your face all over town or that guy you have been crushing on will suddenly fall in love with you now that you are fairer. Thats absurd.  I dont think these actress should reject these ads but at least try to project a better image.
Yeah this is highly disappointing coming from Deeps.
grrrrrrr why does she do this....goes around disappointing everyone again!
This is very bad time for her..

Lets see how she handles it..and hope she makes better judgement in furure,

At least she broke up with Ranbir !thats a start...

she look so different and kind look tired too
i dont like fairness creams only for this reason..they come up with the dumest commericals...if your dark then u cant be happy. All these actresses are dark skined how can tehy endorse this crap. It gives such a wrong message to thier fans. I hope Bipasha never endorses this kind of stuff
Its so werid this is what depika ahs to say about it :'It's not about using a product and suddenly becoming fair. The fairness creams are used to even out your skin tone and protect your skin from pigmentation due to harsh sunlight. You get a sort of inner glow in your skin,' Deepika said at the launch Monday.

yet the commericals give out a total differnt meaage all together, what do these stars ahve to say about that.

Deepika does not look healthy, she has lost too much weight!
Originally posted by -Crystal-

I would like to know what the deepika fans have to say about this because when Katrina signed Olay fairness cream they wasnt to happy about it and even she got many tags like she is rasict and not a good role model for others etc......

I'm a SRK fan/well wisher and I'm the first to criticize him badly when he did that F&H ad. I don't think any fan in the world likes what values are promoted by bleaching creams or tan creams --- Y're beautiful on the condition of your skin looking like this and like that and the worst of it is when celebs endorse it, it does sound like "Y'll be successful as I am if you do look like me in terms of skin color"....

Katrina just steps into this just like other BW celebs...just like Deepika because it seems a mark of stardom in BW..
Guys y're going to hate me but at least Kat is white so she's coherent by endorsing those products because she is what the product promises ---- but I still don't get why she said she was "brown".... 
I have never said it was a good thing but at least Kat matches the bleaching product because she's the living proof that you can succeed in BW considering your "gori" side and regardless your acting talent.

But some people like Deepika, Piggy and SRK who are brown ---- I think it's worse because they give complexes to people who do look like them and start to be proud to be themselves regardless racial and skin prejudices and now they are shown this and may be influenced...Since SRK has been doing that infamous ad, the sales have increased!!!🤢🤢🤢 i was his die hard fan now I laugh whenever people point out his flaws because that's so hypocrit to say "I hope India youngsters hang out together regardless their skin color and casts" and then he did the ad....talking about double standard "Do what I say don't do what I DO"....Yeah the "Do ad" ---- and then they're the first ones to say people to DO something for their countries...by doing what ---- maintaing stupid cliches !!!! How can they have the confidence with cruel values!!!!???

The funniest thing is that European people try to tan all year long to go to the beach on summer to show a uniform colored body and indian people who have beautiful natural tan skins try to look like european people I mean pale....

People make a big deal out of it but skin color is due to an adaptation to specific environments - Black people have more melanin than others because generally they live in countries which benefit from hot temperature. And it has to do with the vitamins that the skin can create itself with the help of the sun ---- european have pale skins because they don't see the sunlight very often because when they live in the tropics believe me they tan and aren't so pale. So they have to eat certain food more to get the right amount of vitamins that aren't created by the skin...

So when indian bleach themselves they harm the natural protections of their skin ---- and fragilize their skin so it's not healthy. And it's not because you lighter that you look beautiful I'm light and I'm plain my mom was very dark and she was very beautiful!!!!😳

As for Chrystal, you know you don't have to be so paranoiac....every celeb is criticized on IF whether some of their fans like it or not.
And as for the "People say Kat is racist" I think it's due to the story of the airplane told by one member who told that his/her young cousin asked her an autograph and she yelled : "take that indian away from me" or something like that. I don't know if it's true but it does sound racist to me..Anyway she's officially dating an indian...so I don't know if it gives her credit or no.

Anyway i think people who endorse those product say publicly that they have hatred for themselves in an indirect manner and incite/invite other people to do so...that's why I like Bips for saying to people that tell her "you don't look so dark" "you know I'm trying the best I can to look darker than I do"😆
And human beings always give contradictory and wrong signals about themselves --- For instance Kajol is "suspected" to have used bleaching creams and her hubby is dark.....so what can we think about it ? That she wants to look gori for the screen but off screen she doesn't mind loving someone who's dark?
As for SRK it's clear that he's been using so many of them, he looks paler and paler year by year compared to his first movies...And paradoxically his wife who's fair initially has tanned herself...

Anyway I make a difference between people who use those creams and those who are paid to market them and who use them also.

On ytube there are plenty of vids of african girls who use those creams and their skins are deteriorated ----🤢 They have big black spots on their skins or it looks like an orange skin with mini holes....
Not appealing at all!!!!!!!!!!!
Edited by lalixlili - 14 years ago
LMAO, deepika should be the last person endorsing this...not that there's anything bad with being dark skin, but if shes endorsing the product then she believes in it and if company expects consumers to purchase this product because deepika endorses it then she better show some results on her face. did anyone else notice how her makeup is caked on??
on the brighter side, i love the sandals
Edited by Enycedoll - 14 years ago