Tiger Woods should come back to Golf - Page 16

Posted: 14 years ago
Originally posted by Summer3

Quite true but the press loves sensation and will not let it go. They are the hound dogs of hell that love a juicy steak.😆
I think he should apologize though. Not seeting a good example.
Originally posted by debayon

I think he should apologize though. Not seeting a good example.
yes he has done it publicly.

Tiger Woods reunited with children

Tiger Woods has been reunited with his family for the first time in over a month after leaving a rehabilitation clinic.

By Nick Allen in Los Angeles
Published: 5:38PM GMT 07 Feb 2010

Previous
1 of 2 Images
Next
Tiger Woods family
Tiger Woods with his family in happier times, prior to revelations of his infidelity Photo: AP

Woods was reunited with his family in time for the first birthday of his son Charlie on Monday. The couple also have a daughter Sam, two.

The golfer admitted to infidelity last year after he was alleged to have had affairs with a string of women, including cocktail waitresses and party hostesses.

He was dropped by several sponsors and announced in December that he was taking an "indefinite break" from professional golf.

Last month photographs were published which were said to show him at the Pine Grove Behavioural Health and Addiction Services clinic in Hattiesburg.

Woods is said not to believe that he is a sex addict but wanted treatment for a behavioural problem so that he could get his life back, according to US media reports. His wife is reported to have participated in his therapy.

Reports that he had completed his course led to immediate speculation that he could return to the golf circuit within weeks.

There were suggestions that he could play in the Accenture Match Play Championship in Arizona in a fortnight.

He would have to register by Friday for the tournament which is open to the top 64 players in the world.

However, his return appeared more likely to come in the Arnold Palmer Invitation in Florida, an event he has won six times, and which is played at the end of March, shortly before the Masters.

Tiger Woods to break silence with public statement

World number one Tiger Woods
Woods has not played since winning an event in Australia last November

Tiger Woods will speak publicly on Friday for the first time since the scandal surrounding his private life erupted in late November last year.

The golf star's agent, Mark Steinberg, said Woods will address the media at the Sawgrass Clubhouse, Ponte Vedra, Florida, at 1600 GMT on 19 February.

"Tiger plans to discuss his past and his future, and he plans to apologise for his behaviour," said Steinberg.

Woods has been on an indefinite break from golf since admitting infidelity.

"Tiger feels as though it's time to make amends and to publicly do that," the agent added.

Woods has not spoken in public since a single-vehicle traffic accident outside his Florida home on 27 November, which was followed by media reports detailing extramarital affairs.

IAIN CARTER'S BLOG
This is Woods taking a grip once more, re-asserting his influence

The 34-year-old is married to Swedish model Elin Nordgren, and the couple have two young children.

Steinberg said Woods "will be speaking to a small group of friends, colleagues and close associates" but said a pool of reporters would be present.

"While Tiger feels that what happened is fundamentally a matter between he and his wife, he also recognises that he has hurt and let down a lot of other people who were close to him," Steinberg said.

"He also let down his fans. He wants to begin the process of making amends and that's what he's going to discuss."

However, Steinberg stressed that the golfer would not be answering questions. "This is not a press conference," he said.

Three news wire services will be present, as well as a small group of reporters chosen by the Golf Writers Association of America, with one camera to supply a live satellite feed.

"This is all about the next step," said Steinberg. "Tiger is looking forward to it."

Tim Finchem, commissioner of the PGA Tour whose headquarters will host Woods on Friday, said: "I'm pleased he is going to make some comments.

Tiger and Elin Woods
Woods has been battling to save his marriage

"I want Tiger back playing as soon as he has dealt with what he left the game to deal with. I don't want him back before that. I'm just going to wait and see what he says."

Woods' long-awaited public appearance will come in the middle of the WGC Match Play Championship in Arizona, which started on Wednesday.

Tournament sponsors Accenture were one of the companies to end their commercial ties with Woods as lurid headlines about his private life continued.

On 11 December, he announced he would take an "indefinite break" from golf.

"I am deeply aware of the disappointment and hurt that my infidelity has caused to so many people, most of all my wife and children," he said in a statement.

"I want to say again to everyone that I am profoundly sorry and that I ask forgiveness."

The likely date of Woods' return to golf is one of the hottest topics in sport, with the first major of the year, the US Masters, less than two months away.

The latest speculation is that he will opt to play at the unofficial - and private - Tavistock Cup event on his home course Isleworth in Florida from 22-23 March.

The Masters, which Woods has won four times, takes place at Augusta National from 8-11 April.

Woods has won 14 major titles and needs five more to surpass the record of 18 held by compatriot Jack Nicklaus.

10 years from now people are going to forget all about this scandal and Tiger woods would be still known as the best Golf player ever...
Originally posted by blue-ice

10 years from now people are going to forget all about this scandal and Tiger woods would be still known as the best Golf player ever...
Humans have short memory and they normally go with the flow.
If Tiger can continue to be number 1, by next year it will all be forgetten unless a new scandal comes around.