Bairi Piya - My first impressions

Fishfish thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 14 years ago
Dear Friends,

I started watching Bairi Piya recently, though I do have my apprehensions how this story will be treated in future, having had my share of heartbreaks with Kasamh Se, where creatives goofed up a beautiful story, I must say Bairi Piya has an appeal that of the the lust and the downtrodden....like all we are with Amoli but are attracted to the Thakur, here I am with my first report having watched a few episodes over the weekend....

1)  The characters are quite well sketched as of now, with Amoli a beautiful helpless girl, Suchitra looks nice, beautiful eyes but should improve on her acting, Thakur Digvijay is mean and lustful, Sharad is well casted, doing fairly well though his mother, unlike serial mother -in-law feels for the daughter in law, the lady has powerful dialogues, her intentions are good but her acting is nil, something needs to be done, the Thakurain, too innocent and has no clue about her husband's misdeeds like many indian women.  Dhani is well casted, seeing the man you know he is all black 

2)  Once again the camera is overworking in some episodes, leave the camera alone, let the the actors do the job, instead of zooming in and out, focusing from one face to another in rapid succession, let the actor complete his / her act, though the yellowing of shots has reduced it is still there, why?  at one place the camera was going in circles, all I want to say if the camera is overworked why pay the actors?  The music too needs to be looked into, the 'tring bring with the shlokas' has become too stale and BT has already over used it, something new will be more than welcome.  The same thing can be said about the jewelry, they look gaudy and very artificial at times, specially the one Amoli was wearing during the engagement of Chandana..

3)  As I was watching the episodes a bit randomly, yesterday I saw in one episode, the Thakur asks Amoli to come and meet him at the tekri in the old godown.  Her friend Kumudi tries to stops her from going there and Amoli's mother goes along with her daughter, as a mother of a young girl, does the mother need to ask what went wrong when Amoli came out crying?  Secondly when the Thakur tells Dhani the girl has refused him and it is the first time a girl did so, that means he has been doing this for a long time, his wife is innocent and not allowed to speak to the villagers but then howcome the villagers did not know about this?  Isn't it strange?  A village is not a city and in India atleast it is a close community of people, so how come Thakur's 'kale kartute' was not exposed before?  Infact he was considered demi god before Amoli happened.

As I said the appeal is there, Ekta has been successful to keep the viewers glued, the Haveli is grand and we are all waiting for the sparks to fly....yes yes I do want Amoli to make the Thakur more humane, after all it is fun to watch the wild bull being tamed    Love Tin
Edited by tintiny - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jagrutid thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
i think your right, some of your pointers are well related to bt serials in paritcular. the spinning camera for no reason  that has always been one of those things.! maybe there to give a certain impact but i agree how much impact do you want when you already have awesome actors well in most cases..
crystaleyes thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Very well analyzed. Truth is, the cast makes this serial all the more appealing.
And the story line is by far better than 'Saas-Bahu' sagas.
I believe Surpriya (Amoli)'s costumes have been toned down and look much better than the last few dramatic episodes. Now she looks more believable as a girl living in a haveli. Her costumes suit her character..as they are in lighter shades now, compared to that gaudy looking saree she wore in Chandana's engagement.
Sharad's costumes on the other hand were always fine picked from the very start!

I currently see this serial going in a fresh direction, and although I hare to keep my hopes up from a soap, I truly believe this serial has got what it takes to bag even more viewers in the coming months.