Debate Mansion

The place to debate? (Page 2)

Poll Question: Where do you prefer debating and why?

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
8 [80.00%]
2 [20.00%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 3 Page 4

baz786

IF-Sizzlerz

baz786

Posted: 06 December 2009 at 11:39am | IP Logged
i would say online

why coz online debating here u have so many different members from different backgrounds, beliefs from different countries that online debating reaches a global set of members and gives them a chance to air there pov's

its hard to find such large scale debates in real life
so thats why i pick online

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

..RamKiJanaki..

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "The place to debate? (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

baz786

IF-Sizzlerz

baz786

Posted: 06 December 2009 at 11:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by gengarjetty2

moreover we can chose whatever debate we want, sometimes we dont care abt the pros and cons of electronic media lol

yes agree with u joe
online we can choose which debate we want to comment on
but in reality debating may be restricted to certain topics

jettythegod

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 06 December 2009 at 11:52am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

baz786

IF-Sizzlerz

baz786

Posted: 06 December 2009 at 11:56am | IP Logged

Originally posted by baz786

moreover we can chose whatever debate we want, sometimes we dont care abt the pros and cons of electronic media lol

yes agree with u joe
online we can choose which debate we want to comment on
but in reality debating may be restricted to certain topics

yes no point in debating for the heck of it, right?

aye whats the point in that
debates like that are no fun

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 06 December 2009 at 1:53pm | IP Logged
Where to debate?

Anywhere and everywhere you can? In the classroom, at the workplace, in the house, on the streets. Wherever you room for interchange. My favorite debates are usually with the people who try to sell me Christ in the most random places. I'm a person who loves good arguments, so you will find me discussing and debating wherever. Whether its deep rooted philosophy, national politics or as mundane as the events in a TV show.

baz786

P1nk

IF-Dazzler

P1nk

Posted: 06 December 2009 at 3:22pm | IP Logged
I hate debating online, because I hate writing, I love speaking and will debate debate till my mouth runs dry. Thats the only reason, otherwise If I had the writing skills and interest, i think online debates are cool, easily expressive cuz u dunno who your talking to, also people from all over the world share their experiences and we learn something different.

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 06 December 2009 at 4:55pm | IP Logged
Like everyone said, online debating, like here in DM, leads to more diversity, more perspectives, and even more topics to discuss. However, on the other side of the fence, online debating also leads to having to put up with people who don't know what they're talking about. Forget classroom settings, organized debates are boring, in my opinion. Especially in a classroom setting, there are way too many rules and regulations that one has to abide by. I like online debates, they are enjoyable. However, at times, I do wish I was face to face with the person I was debating with, only so they could see the "are you stupid" expression on my face as they BSed about something. LOL

Having said that, in daily debates, that I somehow tend to get into don't know why LOL, there are certain limitations. Ettiquette and mannerisms play a huge role, you can't tell someone to their face that what they're saying is stupid and doesn't make sense. Not that stops me, but you do have to think twice before you say something, depending on who you're talking to and about what topic.

Above all, I love debates, who care where they occur. ;-)

baz786

jettythegod

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 06 December 2009 at 9:26pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top