Page 1 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 2 Page 4

barbie

IF-Veteran Member

barbie

Posted: 15 November 2005 at 12:10am | IP Logged

Sony's latest publicity gimmick stands exposed. While the channel is quiet about Shivaji Satam's (ACP Pradyuman) return to CID, it is learned that Satam is all set up to shoot his return scene. And Rajeev Khandelwal (ACP Prithviraj) is on his way out.

I knew about it

Khandelwal confirms, "I was  told that I was needed for four episodes only. In fact, it is me who brings Satam back in the show, and that scene is going to be shot this week."

What if Khandelwal is offered more money to continue? "No way," says Rajeev. "I have just completed Time Bomb which was of similar genre as CID. Next I will do something totally new."

Khandelwal adds that he loved doing CID, "B P Singh and I wanted to work with each other and with this special appearance, we did that. I would love to work with him again on something  different and challenging."

Just a gimmick

Madhur from Sony maintains, "I can't speak about what is happening on the Satam angle. But it is learnt from an insider, "Satam's exit from the show was just a gimmick. Also, Sony was monitoring the feedback on Satam's exit and Rajeev's entry.

While there was no negative feedback on Rajeev, people were very upset about Satam's disappearance from the show. It is not difficult to get someone back on a television show, and that is exactly what is going to happen in Satam's case. "

Wasn't told

When contacted, Satam tried to play up the disappointment card, saying, "I have not yet been informed that I am out of the show. I shot my last scene in London and came back to read in the papers that I was no more a part of CID. I haven't yet spoken to B P Singh (producer) about this.

I have worked for eight years with Singh and we share a great friendship. But we do not mix business and pleasure.

Even if I am not called for a month, I will not get hassled. I would get a well-deserved break and rather go on a holiday to London."

The plot until now...

Shivaji Satam was shown suspended from the CID force, recently. Thereafter, Rajeev Khandelwal was introduced into the show and made to look as if he was the new face of the show. ACP Pradyuman was shown the door in the story because his son Nakul (played by Rahil Azam) was found to have terrorist connections.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Prithviraj out, Pradyuman in" in CID forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

charu_81

Goldie

charu_81

Posted: 15 November 2005 at 12:33am | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing barbie......... Smile

Bhaskar.T

IF-Sizzlerz

Bhaskar.T

Retro Podcast Team

Posted: 15 November 2005 at 1:54am | IP Logged
Thanks Barbie..... Good to have Satyam back. It'll again let me see the old CID team.

But will definitely miss Rajeev too....

RajeevGurtiFan

IF-Sizzlerz

RajeevGurtiFan

Posted: 15 November 2005 at 3:02am | IP Logged
Thanks for the article.Well i will definitely miss rajeev.

SACHINS-FAN

SACHINS-FAN

Posted: 15 November 2005 at 5:03am | IP Logged
hey we will miss rajeev. bye rajeev Cry

remixfan

IF-Dazzler

remixfan

Posted: 15 November 2005 at 5:23am | IP Logged
i thnk rajeev was good

Love u Rajeev

Love u Rajeev

Posted: 15 November 2005 at 7:44am | IP Logged
Smile Hey Sachin's fan don't cry yaar.
Abhi to Raj gaya nahin aur rona suru.Let's enjoy jab tak wo seriel me hai.But i v'll definitely miss Rajeev Cry Cry Tongue .
RIYA Big smile

Shakstar

IF-Rockerz

Shakstar

Posted: 15 November 2005 at 7:49am | IP Logged
thanks 4 d article

Post Reply New Post

Go to top