Twilight

The rise or fall of...Midnight Sun:)

Poll

Have you read it, and what are you opinions?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
nondescript thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 14 years ago
Hey Friends 😃

Last week I had the chance to read Midnight Sun, on Stephanie Meyers website, and it became my favourite in the series. Whilst reading Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse and Breaking Dawn, S.Meyer always left Edwards thoughts for the reader to figure out, however whilst reading the uploaded chapters of Midnight Sun, I realized there is a lot more to Edwards thoughts, than we can possibly imagine.

Would love to hear your opinions if you have read the uploaded chapters of the book

Hannahxx

Edited by hannahdmg - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Alina- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Hey Hannah !!!
Well, for me too, Midnight Sun is the best part of Twilight series !!!! I just loved it sooooo much !! And maybe this is the reason that I'm still in Team Edward !!! And the way SM have told us Edward's perspective, it have cleared so many thoughts about Edward which is missing in the other books !!!! Few Twilight readers think Edward as evil and psycho...even there were few topic in past too about Edward being negative.....I really want those people to read Midnight Sun as it shows what Edward wanted in real !!!!!!

luv Alina
ammy_furor thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hey der hannah..! Yes i ve read midnight sun...an insight to our enigmatic vampire... I think da book was da best...bestest rather....i always thought, bella wan an analytical person but midnight sun depicted edward to b meticulously... analytical.. Perhaps 'wat meets da eye is not always true' indeed holds correctly here..i really really really pray dat da author publishes dat book...it so much fun visitin ed's thought process... Selfless lover he is, da partial draft showed dat beautifuly..!!
nondescript thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
@ Alina Zaidi- Hey Alina 😊
Team Edward Team Jacob, well Im on Team Hannah😆. No Im joking, I didn't really follow the whole team thing but to be honest I prefer Edward and Bella to Jacob and Bella. So does that make me team Edward? Not too sure myself... No way Edward is anything but psycho, seriously READ MIDNIGHT SUN twilight readers and you will see the true Edward Cullen. Its only fair to judge the character after reading it. My all time favourite part was the one hour in Biology where he had to resist her scent and was contemplating on whether he should kill her or not. As a reader we are able to see his true thoughts here, and how he resists the temptation breaking the connotations of 'temptation Adam and Eve' sorry got me a little philosophical there. But yes in a nutshell my point is read the book and only then it is fair to judge Edward.

@
ammy_furor- Hey 😊 I agree with you 100% just like Alina. Its so intricately portrayed each thought that passes through his  mind and the way he thinks before taking any decision. Love the quote you stated 'What meets the eye is not always true' There is always more than one facet to everybody or in this case every vampire. Seriously I actually cannot wait until Midnight Sun is published. For me it surpasses the other four, probably due to the meticulous thought process of Edward Cullen. It suddenly brings the book Twilight to a different edge! We will definitely be standing in line when it is published!! 😃
-Alina- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: hannahdmg

@ Alina Zaidi- Hey Alina 😊
Team Edward Team Jacob, well Im on Team Hannah😆. No Im joking, I didn't really follow the whole team thing but to be honest I prefer Edward and Bella to Jacob and Bella. So does that make me team Edward? Not too sure myself... No way Edward is anything but psycho, seriously READ MIDNIGHT SUN twilight readers and you will see the true Edward Cullen. Its only fair to judge the character after reading it. My all time favourite part was the one hour in Biology where he had to resist her scent and was contemplating on whether he should kill her or not. As a reader we are able to see his true thoughts here, and how he resists the temptation breaking the connotations of 'temptation Adam and Eve' sorry got me a little philosophical there. But yes in a nutshell my point is read the book and only then it is fair to judge Edward.

@
ammy_furor- Hey 😊 I agree with you 100% just like Alina. Its so intricately portrayed each thought that passes through his  mind and the way he thinks before taking any decision. Love the quote you stated 'What meets the eye is not always true' There is always more than one facet to everybody or in this case every vampire. Seriously I actually cannot wait until Midnight Sun is published. For me it surpasses the other four, probably due to the meticulous thought process of Edward Cullen. It suddenly brings the book Twilight to a different edge! We will definitely be standing in line when it is published!! 😃

Hey Hannah and ammy_furor......you both said it all !!!!!!
You know what Hannah...that was my favorite scene too !!!! There were so many things going on in Edward's mind.....he was thinking of ways to stop that... temptation.....he was about to kill Bella but then he saw Carlisle's face in his mind which stops him to do that...and then he leaves Forks and goes far away...but then there too, he saw Bella's face in those stars.....I mean it was just soooooo AWESOME !!!! I really want SM to continue writing it and to make a movie too !!!! But I know Movie is not possible as Twilight is already there but still she should publish it !!!!! And ya right....we will be standing in line to get it!!!!😃

luv Alina

-Navi thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
DEMON BABY.

nvm I thought it said Breaking Dawn.
Edited by -Navi - 14 years ago
Arushi. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

res !

edit:

omg hanaaahh !! all my love for you increased with this..

i remember reading the first chapter of midnight sun in her website last year and that day when you told me that 12 chapters are there on her website i was like what??

and whoaa when i read it i was like flying... okay now i have a soft spot for edward so this is like the 7th time i fell in love with him all over again.... (twilight,new moon, eclipse, breaking dawn, twilight the film,new moon the film and now midnight sun--thats how i fell in love with him these many number of times)... and i was flying !!

litreally flying... if i was a vampire i would have surely broken into a run yaar... hehehe

but seriosuly there were soo many facets that i discoevered... and you know seeing bella from edwards side i couldnt help but fall for her !! hahaha... that sounds weird eh?😆

firstly the jacob thing... so its not like he had anything against jacob till the point jake developed feelings for bella... and just imagine the fact that you know you are going to fall in love with a girl in some time !! its just sooo... wel... wow !!
hahah

omg... i have sooo much to discuss on this.. none of which i have written right now... when you come online... then we will discuss !!!
hahahahaha
im just soo elated yaa....

love ya loads.. 🤗
arushi 😃
muddled up thoughts i know.. im just soo bad at saying what i want to rt now yaar. 😭
Edited by arss - 14 years ago
Arushi. thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Alina Zaidi

Hey Hannah and ammy_furor......you both said it all !!!!!!
You know what Hannah...that was my favorite scene too !!!! There were so many things going on in Edward's mind.....he was thinking of ways to stop that... temptation.....he was about to kill Bella but then he saw Carlisle's face in his mind which stops him to do that...and then he leaves Forks and goes far away...but then there too, he saw Bella's face in those stars.....I mean it was just soooooo AWESOME !!!! I really want SM to continue writing it and to make a movie too !!!! But I know Movie is not possible as Twilight is already there but still she should publish it !!!!! And ya right....we will be standing in line to get it!!!!😃

luv Alina

omg alina i so couldnt stop myself from commenting on this...

i second every word of what you said.. especially seeing carlisle's face.... that scene held me... and i read it all over again... thats the hold that edward cullen had.. and even though its always stated how difficult it was for edward to stay near bella and not kill her... it is truly realised in midnight sun... i guess we discover the real edward cullen in midnight sun..

and though i have always been team edward, even though i really like jake, edward wins my heart all over again here..

and as funny as it sounds i understood what tanya finally felt.. and how she must have felt when she must have attended edwards and bella's wedding.. its like going to the wedding of ur ex, while you both know that you have a thing for the guy...

the parrt why rose felt so much of animosity towards bella actually came out the best here.. i was always not very clear on why rose hated bella sooo much?? i mean soo much?? and reading midnight sun cleared all of that...

emmett !! aaah... trust me to have a thing for that vampire.. lol

i mean i really felt something for alice and emmett, they being my favourite vampires after afcourse edward !! lol and i was soo happy to read soo much more about them and see them as a more central part... i love the way emmett keeps telling edward  that he is losing his mind 'kid' lmao !! that was soo funny.. and I lurvee the scene where emmett and edward are hunting…. And the one where they are making ben jealous… aaah !! it just shows the deep bond that they share and I love that !!

ooooooooooh… I am soo waiting for midnight sun to hit the shelves and after reading the first 12 chapters

oh..gosh… im ranting off again….. aaah.. but I can still go on !! lol

arushi.. 😃

hi everyone
just read it. it was great.i wonder how good it had been if it could be completed and piblished.Infact SM could complete it and show that james didnot kill them as she intended to show in it. and late she can also write new moon from Edwards point of view. infact according to me Eclipse would be best to know from his point of view. :

Arushi. thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: anamekaa

hi everyone

just read it. it was great.i wonder how good it had been if it could be completed and piblished.Infact SM could complete it and show that james didnot kill them as she intended to show in it. and late she can also write new moon from Edwards point of view. infact according to me Eclipse would be best to know from his point of view. :

you know i would want to see new moon.. coz i know what bella felt after the break up and edward says that he litreally curled up into a ball... and id want to see what he actually went through.. what his thoughts were and how did he deal with a descion of his that he repented !!
though id want to see all the four books from his side.. would be soo cool naa. 😃