Users

Frequent Posters

U-No-Poo thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 14 years ago
Originally posted by: Kamal_23

people are stupid

they are a shame 2 the REAL and mature twilight fans

its someones opinion if they like twilight or not and its absolutely none of their business

I agree. I don't have a problem with people liking Twilight, everyone has their own choice, but when this fandom grows into obsession, that's when it becomes unbearable.
U-No-Poo thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: Tani91

🀣 That just made my day...thanks for posting Neetz

LOL, You're welcome! πŸ˜ƒ I guess it does sum up the entire book lol πŸ˜†
-Ravenclaw- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
πŸ˜†
Edited by Aditi_MJHT - 14 years ago
0o.Leah.o0 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
ROFL !! So true !!

My class is FILLED with Twihards , Me and this friend of mine, dont really like Twilight. And we both find hilarious that a vampire SPARKLES (Sparkles? Seriously?) !!

They moment we say that a Vampire does not SPARKLE, we get literally BOMBARDED on why Edward is the best or why Twilight is the best. One of them even stopped TALKING to me cause I said that I found Twilight not the kind of book I would like to read.

Jeez !! Its just a BOOK !

And those things you posted are scary !!
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: Aditi_MJHT

LMAO....that site is like the BEST SITE ever.....🀣🀣..they have the best anti twilight stuff🀣 .....but seriously ...twitards...errr..i mean twihards... are  CREEPY... ...

one of my friends is CRAZZYY about Mr.disco ball vampire..... one day i told her my opinion about her sparkly boy....she argued with me throughout the lecture and was almost on the verge of crying....LOL.....all this just for a fictional character??....i mean ... even i am a crazy HP fan....but that doesnt mean i should go around... harrassing ppl for NOT liking HP....😳

EDIT:-

Just read some of the encounters......What The...?? 😲 😲 ...these ppl are INSANE....🀒 ..
i better stay away from the twitards....

I know! I'm a HUGE Potterhead (a name we HP fans came up for ourselves), but I don't go harassing those who don't like it (mind you I haven't met many who don't like HP, everyone likes it). That's just stupid!

These people's Karma will bite them in the butt when they least expect it. They deserve it anyway.
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Neetz-

LMFAO, I found this video while browsing on YT. No offense to any Twilighter, I just found it hilarious so I'm posting it here :)

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCqOJ_OOGTU[/YOUTUBE]

🀣
Edited by _LalithaJanaki_ - 14 years ago
mimi0295 thumbnail
I was shunned by my best friend for a day because I told her that I was "over the Twilight craze."
It's not as bad compared to the other stories, but I felt kinda awed that this chick would pick Edward and Bella over me. :|
lol
MrMonster thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Navi

BAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA. You hate Harry Potter? BBAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.. but wait you love Twilight? 
BHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHABBAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA.
Ridiculous child.

Now do i have the right to say that potterheads are rude? jee people like you could make me into a potterhater, or whatever it is that you people call it.
Firstly i can't really say i hate harry potter, but is this how rude i will turn out to be?, it's just that i read it from the third book and didn't read a lot just got bored threw it away, (mind you, i did the same with Da Vinci code, and then after some while when i read it, i loved it, i seriously have a weird when i choose things) but twilight's main thing attracting me wasn't entirely Edward's beauty, Edward was depressed who thought nothing of humans and played awesome music (I like Beethoven and Mozart)  and didn't cut himself, but it wasn't Edward i was jumping up and down about, it was the Volturi, i like vampire villains, and Aro's enthusiasm is so funny, i can't believe people regarding him as the leader, but frankly i didn't think the term 'forbidden love' was in twilight, it wasn't so forbidden that the police were after them and the vampire 'police' the Volturi let bella off the hook, jee i would like a few blood spill, ironically with vampires there, i wonder if vampires could become cannibals, anyway i didn't really give it much a thought why i liked twilight, but i learned a lot from twilight, like an exceeding vocabulary, i had a bad, bad vocabulary, and i guess maybe something about vampires, but their love was in nothing 'forbidden' and yes bella even after her transformation couldn't do anything but marvel at Edward (like she's got nothing to do), but i love the Volturi scene in new moon, i would like it more if Stephenie Meyer stretched more into the other vampire world, how Charlisle stay was at the Volturi, and how did the Volturi raise to power, that sort of stuff, i guess i should read Harry potter again. maybe it will turn out something good like how Da Vinci code has ended up.
it was a point of time when i couldn't think of anything but twilight, but when i finished breaking dawn, i just thought it over.. Twilight is defiantly overrated.
I'll get back on the potter business later.
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Originally posted by: 090909as

Now do i have the right to say that potterheads are rude? jee people like you could make me into a potterhater, or whatever it is that you people call it.
Firstly i can't really say i hate harry potter, but is this how rude i will turn out to be?, it's just that i read it from the third book and didn't read a lot just got bored threw it away, (mind you, i did the same with Da Vinci code, and then after some while when i read it, i loved it, i seriously have a weird when i choose things) but twilight's main thing attracting me wasn't entirely Edward's beauty, Edward was depressed who thought nothing of humans and played awesome music (I like Beethoven and Mozart)  and didn't cut himself, but it wasn't Edward i was jumping up and down about, it was the Volturi, i like vampire villains, and Aro's enthusiasm is so funny, i can't believe people regarding him as the leader, but frankly i didn't think the term 'forbidden love' was in twilight, it wasn't so forbidden that the police were after them and the vampire 'police' the Volturi let bella off the hook, jee i would like a few blood spill, ironically with vampires there, i wonder if vampires could become cannibals, anyway i didn't really give it much a thought why i liked twilight, but i learned a lot from twilight, like an exceeding vocabulary, i had a bad, bad vocabulary, and i guess maybe something about vampires, but their love was in nothing 'forbidden' and yes bella even after her transformation couldn't do anything but marvel at Edward (like she's got nothing to do), but i love the Volturi scene in new moon, i would like it more if Stephenie Meyer stretched more into the other vampire world, how Charlisle stay was at the Volturi, and how did the Volturi raise to power, that sort of stuff, i guess i should read Harry potter again. maybe it will turn out something good like how Da Vinci code has ended up.
it was a point of time when i couldn't think of anything but twilight, but when i finished breaking dawn, i just thought it over.. Twilight is defiantly overrated.
I'll get back on the potter business later.

No you don't, because we do not hate "Twilighters (or whatever you call the normal non- violent fans", we hate Twihards, and there's a difference. Twilighters are normal fans who like the series but don't become violent towards people who don't (am happy to say that most if not all people in this forum are Twilighters, hope it stays this way), but Twihards are those who take drastic actions against those who say something against Twilight (like the stories you read in the first post of this topic).

Just because someone is a Twilighter doesn't mean he/she isn't a HPian (a better sounding name than Potterhead), and vice versa. Just became a HPian doesn't like Twilight doesn't give you the right to hate HP, which is a totally different book from Twilight to like or dislike it without reading.

You said you started from the 3rd HP book, which isn't really a good place to start. It's like someone started the Twilight series on New Moon and didn't read the rest because they didn't like it. Start from the 1st one and read all 7 before giving a judgment on HP, same for those who haven't read Twilight. Read all 4 before giving a judgment on the series, you'll be surprised to see how different (if so) your opinions may be.

If I only read the 3rd book of HP, I probably wouldn't think much of it either (though the 3rd book is my fav out of the series (after Deathly Hallows), mind you), because the real substance of the series begins from the 4th book where it gets darker and more evil enters the storyline. The first three Harry Potter books basically initiate you into the magical world of Harry and his friends, and characters who will later become beloved to you are introduced in the first three books. The plot itself, though seeming to be unimportant, leads up to a lot of important events later on in the series, especially in Deathly Hallows. I mean, who would have thought that the Riddle Diary in Chamber of Secrets would turn out to be a Horcrux in the 6th book?

So to truly learn to appreciate HP and love it, you must read all 7 books in order. I think that's true for any series actually. Without knowing the whole story, it's not fair to come up with a judgment.
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
And to give people an understanding of why we don't like Edward Cullen/Twilight, I'll at least give my perspective. I can't talk for others but this is how I feel.

I have no problem with Twilight as a series itself, neither do I have a problem with Stephenie Meyer as an author. We can't rule out the fact that though her writing may be amateur, it does contain some kind of substance since it attracted many people.

The reason I do not like Edward Cullen is not because he's a character with no flaws or that he's perfect. I don't know why people complain so much about faultless characters in fiction, since that's what it is...fiction. There's nothing wrong with Stephenie Meyer writing about her dream guy and not giving him faults. It's her story, she can write about what kind of people she wants. Heck, I love characters in other fictions who critics label as "faultless" and "too perfect to be true", who doesn't want to read about a perfect guy from time to time?

But (don't think by my rant that I like Edward by the way...I don't. If anything, I'm Team Jacob)....it's Edward's wrong actions which are not only condoned by the author, but praised instead that tick me off. SM made him stalk Bella at night and watch her sleep...which is plain creepy creepy creepy. And is Bella disturbed by that? Of course not, because that's just so dreamy.πŸ€” And his over-dominating attitude, over-protectiveness, and the way he bosses Bella around all indicate that there's a possibility he'll become abusive in the future. This is not only unhealthy boyfriend material, but should be condemned by the author in the form of other characters' criticisms. Does that happen? No. That clearly means that Edward's attitude should be taken as the norm for the ideal boyfriend, since SM herself says she wrote Edward to get across to her audience the perfect guy.

And Jacob on the other hand...he had great potential to outshine all the others in the story. New Moon actually became interesting to read because of him. His background, the history about werewolves, and his friends (who were really interesting by the way) all made the storyline normal for once, but once SM realized that Jacob's real personality would outshine her Edward's, she had to use the easy way out to make him the "bad guy", and ultimately ruined her story again.

Sorry guys, but if you haven't noticed by now, I don't like Twilight very much because SM ruined Jacob's character, and if you haven't noticed by my rant, I'm Team Jacob if I have to be Team something. Edward just makes me so annoyed.

One main reason I like Harry Potter over Twilight: Harry Potter's morals are easy to relate to because they're closer to the morals taught in my culture than Twilight. HP talks about how good will always triumph over evil, and how true love does not make one selfish that they ignore others in life (*cough* *cough* Bella), and how friendship, trust, loyalty, and love (in all forms) are more important than our own interests. I'm sorry, but HP reminds me of Ramayan and Mahabharat, which are very close to my heart, in its morals and intricate storyline, while Twilight goes away from them and everything I've learned in my culture. I can't learn to love a book which teaches me to be selfish in love.

Are there any Team Jacob's here?