Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

daniel_4ever

IF-Rockerz

daniel_4ever

Posted: 04 December 2009 at 11:15am | IP Logged
I was just thinking about it & I thought that I would like to know what u guys thought about it too...

I would like to know what all of you thought of Snape..
was he a good or bad character..

Personally, I think that he was a good character.. He always thought that it was good to keep a distance with Harry, to show to the people that he hated him because he destroyed the Dark Lord, but he did it so that he would not have any sort of attachment with him, as him being Lily's son...

What about u???

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Good or Bad?" in Harry Potter forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

saiba007

Goldie

saiba007

Posted: 05 December 2009 at 8:16am | IP Logged
well we didnt know about it until we read the last book where we founf out that sanpe was a good person before that i am sure every1 hated him for what he was doing with harry couz no1 knew that sanpe wonted to protect harry and wonted him to think he hates him to avoide any connection with him so before reading the book every1 hated him but when they did every1 liked him persnally i hated him but after reading the book i like him now couz we know at last snape is gonna help harry and let him know he cared about harry thast why he was never good with him he was loving harry from far yet he was enemy when they were close. thats what i think

chhilt

IF-Rockerz

chhilt

Posted: 05 December 2009 at 8:30am | IP Logged
He was a mix... if he were a good person, he would never have left Lily and joined the Death Eaters.... but afterwards, he became a better person once he figured out that what he was doing was wrong :)

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

..RamKiJanaki..

fly_chick

Goldie

fly_chick

Posted: 05 December 2009 at 12:28pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by chhilt

He was a mix... if he were a good person, he would never have left Lily and joined the Death Eaters.... but afterwards, he became a better person once he figured out that what he was doing was wrong :)

Agree, Initially i hated the way he treated Harry but also felt there's something much deeper to this- i mean he saved Harry in Philosophers stone and Dumbledores immense trust in him etc and i was right in the end though i hated him when he killed Dumbledore but it was all cleared in DH.  But i agree with what you said Chillt- he was a mix because he must have killed loads of people when he was a death Eater and caused lily and James Death but rectified hs mistake by helping to protect harry and others.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

chhiltcityoflights..RamKiJanaki..

cityoflights

IF-Veteran Member

cityoflights

Posted: 06 December 2009 at 2:49pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by chhilt

What she said :P LOL

chhilt

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 06 December 2009 at 6:14pm | IP Logged
I don't think we can define anyone in HP as precisely "good" or "bad" (except Voldemort, Bellatrix, and Lucius, lol).

Snape was neither good nor bad. He did what he had to when he had to...and in that way, he became a fulfilled character.

He made some mistakes in life like everyone else, and though those mistakes may have proved detremental to himself more than anyone else, he did redeem himself by sacrificing his happiness to do Dumbledore's bidding and bring down Voldemort.

Edited by _LalithaJanaki_ - 08 December 2009 at 6:59am

Scarlet_Glow

-Sakina-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Sakina-

Posted: 07 December 2009 at 11:44pm | IP Logged
he was basically a grey character......mostly good...but he obviously had dark shades to him...

Scarlet_Glow

IF-Rockerz

Scarlet_Glow

Posted: 09 December 2009 at 9:31pm | IP Logged
Snape has his times...throughout the whole series he is shown as the bad guy...especially in the 6th 1, with "murdering" Professor Dumbledore n all!

But when i was re-reading that part in the 6th book...JK Rowling describes Snape's expressions moments before he cursed Prof. Dumbledore....they were full of hatred n livid...!

And then the scene when he was living the hogwarts ground with Harry running behind him...n Harry said something like "Fight back, you Coward!" And to that, Prof. Snape was so furious that he slapped Harry and told him that he isnt a coward...and again, his expressions were discribed as demented and inhuman...full of torment to such an extreme!

And i realized then that even though Prof. Snape had his rough times...it did take everything in him to do what he did...Kill Prof. Dumbledore, which he hated doing it...and just so much other things!

At the end, i think that his choices in life, and the outcomes/consequences of them made him who he truly was...the death of lily evens made him a cold person, in a way! But he did feel remorse for the bad things he had done...n at the end, turned out to be the tragic hero of HP series!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top