Katrina's responsible for Akshay's success!

pooja_l thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 14 years ago
By glamsham
Thursday Dec 3 11:10 AM

Rachana, Bollywood Trade News Network

They say 'Behind every successful man there's a woman'. Looks like the same holds true for our superstar Akshay Kumar also. However in his case, it's his co-star Katrina Kaif, who time and again is proving to be lucky for him and this time literally!

Want to know how? Read on

Akshay was seeing a continuous back-to-back failure in the form of four films CHANDNI CHOWK TO CHINA, 8 X 10 TASVEER, KAMBAKKHT ISHQ (average hit) and last one being the disastrous BLUE. And whilst if one notices, Katrina was part of none of these films. Though she was seen in BLUE, but again it was just a minuscule friendly appearance and that too not opposite Akshay Kumar.

Katrina and Akshay were last seen together in 2008's blockbuster film SINGH IS KINNG. Post that Akshay went on to star in many big banner films and tried his luck with other leading ladies of Bollywood. But to his (mis)fortune none clicked. Now after a gap of more than a year the duo once again came together in Priyadarshan's mad-cap comedy DE DANA DAN.

Going by the latest buzz, after having an okay-to-average run at the box office throughout 2009, Akshay's latest release, the out-an-out laugh riot, DE DANA DAN is getting good response from all over. It's being said that DE DANA DAN is running to packed houses everywhere and enjoying an excellent box-office run.

With this can we assume that Katrina is Akshay's lady luck and his key to the success lies in working with the most sought after lady of tinsel town i.e. Katrina Kaif. What say folks?

source: http://in.movies.yahoo.com/news-detail/73023/Katrinas-responsible-Akshays-success.html

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

lovanika thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Ok then what about:

Hera Pheri, Phir Hera Pheri, Heyy Baby, Bhool Bhuliya, Garam Masala, etc...

Comeon give guy a break. Media has thier own sweet babies and the rest they try to trash.

Akki is responsible for few actresses success.
Zoe28 thumbnail

akshays four movies that didn't do well were not good movies which it why they didn't do good business, i haven't seen de dana dan yet so can't comment on it but its doing well because a lot of people like to watch slapstick comedies and akshay has had so many hits with other actresses when the films have been good so his success is not based on his pairing with katrina even though they do make a nice pair , i prefer him more with priyanka though.

-Divyaa- thumbnail
I believe no person is responsible for another person's success! if his movies worked its bcuz it had a good script and u people might remember dat akki n kat's first movie bombed bcuz it wasn't good enough,a film's success completely lies in d script n performances ,there's no such thing as luck at least were film's are concerned.
moreover kat n akki themselves have said this a lot of times.
fizzles thumbnail
The media talk utter nonsense these days!

Akshay Kumar has really struggled to where he is and I applaud him for that. I wouldn't call myself a fan but I appreciate the way he has touched the heights of success in a really tough and competitve place like Bollywood. And to say that Katrina is responsible for his success, well that's a far fetched opinion.

Akshay Kumar hit bulls eye before his pairing with Katrina. But I do agree that the audience seem to love them together, therefore their films work at the BO. That's it! The media shouldn't try to undermine his success with such statements.

And thanx for sharing, Pooja! :D
Edited by fizzles - 14 years ago
Lata_com thumbnail
its othr way aksya respponble for kat sucess
starchase thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: fizzles

The media talk utter nonsense these days!

Akshay Kumar has really struggled to where he is and I applaud him for that. I wouldn't call myself a fan but I appreciate the way he has touched the heights of success in a really tough and competitve place like Bollywood. And to say that Katrina is responsible for his success, well that's a far fetched opinion.

Akshay Kumar hit bulls eye before his pairing with Katrina. But I do agree that the audience seem to love them together, therefore their films work at the BO. That's it! The media shouldn't try to undermine his success with such statements.

And thanx for sharing, Pooja! :D

agreed
ISano thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
lol no its cant be
i agree with lovanika

heri pheri didnt have katrina even then it was hit bhagam bhag didnt have her it was hit even bhool bhulayiya..

the film gets hit when we have the trio akki suniel and paresh even mohra was hit maybe im being stupid now but it also ahd all 3 of them..
sabrinaa. thumbnail
LIESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.
straight lies.

akshay's responsible for katrina's success. so is salman and her so called beautiful face.

ISano thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
i dont want to bash.. but i dotn find her look unique at all..

my sisters friend has the same look.. even my mammi has the same face struckture..   

Originally posted by: sabrinaa.

LIESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

straight lies.

akshay's responsible for katrina's success. so is salman and her so called beautiful face.