vaishu.reddy89

Groupbie

vaishu.reddy89

Posted: 04 December 2009 at 9:54am | IP Logged
Gehna should leave,.,.,
maasa needs only the heir,.,.,
she was about to kkill gehna for that heir,.,.,
gehna is right about leaving the home,.,.,
gehna zinda hone se ya na hone se hi maasa ko pharak nahi padtha hai then what if she leaves or not,.,.,

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Gehna is wrong this time (Page 4)" in Balika Vadhu forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

ashasangeeta

ashasangeeta

Posted: 04 December 2009 at 11:06am | IP Logged
Gehna is absolutely right. I respect this character.

dibyaA

dibyaA

Posted: 04 December 2009 at 7:13pm | IP Logged
I agree maasa said a lot of mean things and her actions cannot be justified but I still feel that for a mother her baby is the most important thing. Leaving her baby just to prove your point is absolutely horrendous!!..

anu rulz

IF-Rockerz

anu rulz

Posted: 04 December 2009 at 7:42pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by doyelpakhi

Originally posted by anu rulz

Gehna would have been right if she would have left at least 6 months later when the baby could stay without mother. Right now, noone can substitute her place in the baby's life!

I agree that it is Gehna's EGO rather than  SELF RESPECT which became more important than well being of her own son.

If Gehna would have been so self respecting person, she would not have agreed to sell herself in the very first place! We all blame Maasa but it is Gehna's own FATHER who sold her.

They were leading their lives in poverty but they were not dying. Maasa's wealth made Gehna's father greedy and even though her mother was against the alliance, her father made Gehna marry Basant.

Gehna made so much protest about injustic in her sasural, she remained quiet in her parent's place - WHY??!! just because, her parents problem being solved!! What about her own son's problem?!!

Gehna said - "as a daughter, I cant stay anymore. " As  a woman she is right but as a daughter No. 

Will her parents be happy?! Gehna's father will be flabbergasted if she returns. Practically, he had his reasons to be angry as he got one more responsibility.  Also, her return will make her family feel ashamed in their society and they have to bear the ' tana' of other people.
i really dont think gehna had much of a choice wen her father decided to get her married off..there was no1 to fight for her..which is y she made it a point to stop her younger sister's wedding..i agree wid u tht it is gehna's father who is at fault to max extent..and tht her parents are not worth it..bt tell me which woman is going to stay in tht place after the crappy proposition maasa made to her..and plz dnt tell me tht she repented and made this proposition up with gehna's interest at hand..if gehna is leaving her newborn behind,it was maasa who told her to..now she has conveniently decided to 'forgive' gehna coz she wants sum1 to take care of her grandson..it is not her ego..her ego wud have been to leave the minute maasa reminded her of the promise..or else take the baby with her to teach maasa a lesson..

Its not that Gehna did NOT have a choice at that time when her father made her marry Basant . Her condition now is same as before, infact worse. If she can take such a path breaking decision now, why didnot she do that before? At that time, if she would have protested and had gone to any extreme for her self respect it would have been right.

Now, for her "self respect" she is forgeting all the relations, all love that bestowed on her by other family members. She is even forgeting her duty for her own child. At least, for next few months, Gehna's presence is very important for her child.

Does not Gehna know very well that her parents would NOT accept her decision?! If she thinks that her parents would support her now, then she is the dumbest person on earth.
Sleepy

Also Maasa is a character who never talks sweetly, specially with any woman. Maasa is egoistic to the core, and old fashioned. Even if she wants good of any person, she never expresses it. It has been shown lot of time that Maasa wanted Sugna's happiness but she had been quiet bitter with her. She even showed door to her elder sister, inspite of the fact she loves her. Maasa's ego wins over her other emotions.

It is for Maasa's ego that everyone criticizes her, even I criticize Maasa. If for Maasa's ego, she is to be admonished then why not Gehna?! Maasa forgets relations and humanity for her ego, Gehna did the same this time.

i dont understand what u mean when you say she should have fought b4 her marriage?what she should have done???do you know what the situations of poverty driven families is in rural India?women are being sold off every single day?you think these girls have a choice and they CHOOSE to be sold off?u say she should not have let herself be sold off in the first place..how was she to do tht?by walking off from her wedding?i agree the marriage was so tht her father cud get money..and she succumbed coz she knew the situation of the family..and did she not tolerate the atrocities basanth did to her?becoz she dint have a say in her own life..tht is how 99% of women in rural India live..if she walked off today tht is becoz she CAN..coz she did what she was brought to the haveli for..only thing maasa wanted was a son..and earlier so did basanth..now he has changed bt has tht chap told her how he feels for her?no..all the time he told her to stay for the baby..not once did he add his own name..life is not going to be easy for her in any way...all of us know tht..bt if she dint leave now,she would be hearing about the 'forgotten promise' everytime maasa gets pissed at her..as for living ther for 6 mths,it would amount to the same thing..maasa would tell her she dsnt want to forget the luxuries of the haveli tht is why she delayed her leaving..believe me,tht woman thinks only in one direction..

Edited by anu rulz - 04 December 2009 at 7:45pm

iloveidiotbox

Goldie

iloveidiotbox

Posted: 04 December 2009 at 11:24pm | IP Logged
@shreya, I agree with you abt Maasa, but what is illogical is why Gehna is bringing it up now out of the blue. I don't think she is even aware of what transpired outside her hospital room, else it would have been worse. Thing is Maasa reacted exactly the way you would expect her to. Gehna cannot imagine or hope for Maasa to change her opinion overnight. Besides, she(Gehna) is the one who brought up the whole "I paid off the loan, so I can leave" She was the one who put a monetary price on her motherhood. So why does she have an issue with Maasa doing the same?
I will just write off Gehna's odd behavior as post partum depression that has driven her nuts enough to go back to her useless parents, who are bound to be heartless and unsympathetic. And nothing can justify her staying with Niranjan.

_dkmystery_

IF-Stunnerz

_dkmystery_

Posted: 05 December 2009 at 12:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by iloveidiotbox

@shreya, I agree with you abt Maasa, but what is illogical is why Gehna is bringing it up now out of the blue. I don't think she is even aware of what transpired outside her hospital room, else it would have been worse. Thing is Maasa reacted exactly the way you would expect her to. Gehna cannot imagine or hope for Maasa to change her opinion overnight. Besides, she(Gehna) is the one who brought up the whole "I paid off the loan, so I can leave" She was the one who put a monetary price on her motherhood. So why does she have an issue with Maasa doing the same?
I will just write off Gehna's odd behavior as post partum depression that has driven her nuts enough to go back to her useless parents, who are bound to be heartless and unsympathetic. And nothing can justify her staying with Niranjan.

I think you missed the epi. during Gehna's pregnancy when maasa reminded Gehna that she will have to leave the Haveli after the delivery Ouch
and as far as I remember, Gehna had confessed in front of Sumitra that she had totally forgotten about this deal... for once keep yourself in place of Gehna and think whether you would live in such a house where every day someone would keep reminding you that your parents sold you off, that they are so poor and your mother-in-law has done a great great job by bringing you in the house and providing you with clothes, food, shelter and jewellery...

doyelpakhi

Goldie

doyelpakhi

Posted: 05 December 2009 at 1:45am | IP Logged

Gehna would have been right if she would have left at least 6 months later when the baby could stay without mother. Right now, noone can substitute her place in the baby's life!

I agree that it is Gehna's EGO rather than  SELF RESPECT which became more important than well being of her own son.

If Gehna would have been so self respecting person, she would not have agreed to sell herself in the very first place! We all blame Maasa but it is Gehna's own FATHER who sold her.

They were leading their lives in poverty but they were not dying. Maasa's wealth made Gehna's father greedy and even though her mother was against the alliance, her father made Gehna marry Basant.

Gehna made so much protest about injustic in her sasural, she remained quiet in her parent's place - WHY??!! just because, her parents problem being solved!! What about her own son's problem?!!

Gehna said - "as a daughter, I cant stay anymore. " As  a woman she is right but as a daughter No. 

Will her parents be happy?! Gehna's father will be flabbergasted if she returns. Practically, he had his reasons to be angry as he got one more responsibility.  Also, her return will make her family feel ashamed in their society and they have to bear the ' tana' of other people.
i really dont think gehna had much of a choice wen her father decided to get her married off..there was no1 to fight for her..which is y she made it a point to stop her younger sister's wedding..i agree wid u tht it is gehna's father who is at fault to max extent..and tht her parents are not worth it..bt tell me which woman is going to stay in tht place after the crappy proposition maasa made to her..and plz dnt tell me tht she repented and made this proposition up with gehna's interest at hand..if gehna is leaving her newborn behind,it was maasa who told her to..now she has conveniently decided to 'forgive' gehna coz she wants sum1 to take care of her grandson..it is not her ego..her ego wud have been to leave the minute maasa reminded her of the promise..or else take the baby with her to teach maasa a lesson..

Its not that Gehna did NOT have a choice at that time when her father made her marry Basant . Her condition now is same as before, infact worse. If she can take such a path breaking decision now, why didnot she do that before? At that time, if she would have protested and had gone to any extreme for her self respect it would have been right.

Now, for her "self respect" she is forgeting all the relations, all love that bestowed on her by other family members. She is even forgeting her duty for her own child. At least, for next few months, Gehna's presence is very important for her child.

Does not Gehna know very well that her parents would NOT accept her decision?! If she thinks that her parents would support her now, then she is the dumbest person on earth.
Sleepy

Also Maasa is a character who never talks sweetly, specially with any woman. Maasa is egoistic to the core, and old fashioned. Even if she wants good of any person, she never expresses it. It has been shown lot of time that Maasa wanted Sugna's happiness but she had been quiet bitter with her. She even showed door to her elder sister, inspite of the fact she loves her. Maasa's ego wins over her other emotions.

It is for Maasa's ego that everyone criticizes her, even I criticize Maasa. If for Maasa's ego, she is to be admonished then why not Gehna?! Maasa forgets relations and humanity for her ego, Gehna did the same this time.

i dont understand what u mean when you say she should have fought b4 her marriage?what she should have done???do you know what the situations of poverty driven families is in rural India?women are being sold off every single day?you think these girls have a choice and they CHOOSE to be sold off?u say she should not have let herself be sold off in the first place..how was she to do tht?by walking off from her wedding?i agree the marriage was so tht her father cud get money..and she succumbed coz she knew the situation of the family..and did she not tolerate the atrocities basanth did to her?becoz she dint have a say in her own life..tht is how 99% of women in rural India live..if she walked off today tht is becoz she CAN..coz she did what she was brought to the haveli for..only thing maasa wanted was a son..and earlier so did basanth..now he has changed bt has tht chap told her how he feels for her?no..all the time he told her to stay for the baby..not once did he add his own name..life is not going to be easy for her in any way...all of us know tht..bt if she dint leave now,she would be hearing about the 'forgotten promise' everytime maasa gets pissed at her..as for living ther for 6 mths,it would amount to the same thing..maasa would tell her she dsnt want to forget the luxuries of the haveli tht is why she delayed her leaving..believe me,tht woman thinks only in one direction..

"..u say she should not have let herself be sold off in the first place..how was she to do tht?by walking off from her wedding?i agree the marriage was so tht her father cud get money..and she succumbed coz she knew the situation of the family
"

Exactly. Her family's condition has not improved a bit. They are still living in the dire poverty. Moreover, in their society, if a married girl comes back to her parents home, it becomes more difficult for the parents.

So why is Gehna giving the excuse of her family's majboori for her decision of marrying basant and staying in the house for giving birth to the child? Her family is still "majbooor" and yet she has taken the step. why not at that time?

Now at least, there is her husband who cares for  her, her sister-in-law and brother-in-law who respect her and her child who needs her. She is only talking about Masa's behaviour. What about other people's love and respect that she got in her sasural?

"..only thing maasa wanted was a son..and earlier so did basanth..now he has changed bt has tht chap told her how he feels for her?no..all the time he told her to stay for the baby..not once did he add his own name..life is not going to be easy for her in any way"

I dont think Basant needs to tell anything more to Gehna about his feelings. Yes, he was not sensitive towards Gehna in the beginning but gradually he realized his mistakes.

He has already fought for Gehna with Maasa for her teacher and he went against Masa on different issues. He has emerged as a caring husband during her pregnancy. Basant has asked for forgiveness on behalf of Masa number of times.

Gehna knows very well what Basant feels for her.

Maasa's latest crap during her pregnancy

Masa has not spoken about their deal for a long time. It seems she forgot it too.

But we are forgetting one Maha IMP episode - Gehna's outburst against Masa in front of everybody for Anandi.

I agreed that Gehna need to protest for Anandi but could not agree the way she did it.

She should have talked with Masa or informed Bhairo about Anandi's study. But she remained quiet.
 Sleepy 

When Anandi was questioned in front of guests, why did she open her mouth then? She could have told  the truth to the family later. Most importantly, Gehna did not know exactly what happened between Masa and Anandi. I agree when Basant told her that she should have told everyone abt the incident instead of "insulting" Masa in front of guests.

It was AFTER this incident, Masa's bloated ego was hurt and she told the crap to Gehna. Masa was not right, but  Gehna has also taken decisions in the wrong time and made matters more complicated.

As far as Masa's crap are concerned, she tells that to everyone, even sometimes to her own sons. Everyone should leave the old woman and her house to protest against her deeds. Confused

Edited by doyelpakhi - 05 December 2009 at 1:57am

ashfanofrt

ashfanofrt

Posted: 05 December 2009 at 8:57am | IP Logged

yaa ryt i agree.....gehena has taken d right decision.... Actually d whole fault is of maasa....she always insults these bindnis 4 no reason!!!

I hate maasa!Angry

Post Reply New Post

Go to top