Balika Vadhu
Balika Vadhu

India-Forums

Gehna is wrong this time (Page 3)

cherrypansy IF-Dazzler
cherrypansy
cherrypansy

Posted: 03 December 2009 at 9:44pm | IP Logged
 Gehna is right.. she has shown that she is a woman with self-respect...and has somewhat slapped maasa.......

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sjnp

rakshaanra IF-Dazzler
rakshaanra
rakshaanra

Posted: 03 December 2009 at 11:23pm | IP Logged
its better to die than to live in the house with that old witch

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sjnp

_dkmystery_ IF-Stunnerz
_dkmystery_
_dkmystery_

Posted: 03 December 2009 at 11:34pm | IP Logged
maybe it is the 1st time that someone has showed maasa that everything can't be achieved through money...gehna was so true when she said that if only once maasa had tried to stop for love, she would have.
actually, maasa has got into this habit that every body will do whatever she wants, no matter right or wrong... remember she didn't even tolerate her elder sis (Farida Jalal)!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sjnpdisha_sen

doyelpakhi Goldie
doyelpakhi
doyelpakhi

Posted: 04 December 2009 at 12:18am | IP Logged
Gehna would have been right if she would have left at least 6 months later when the baby could stay without mother. Right now, noone can substitute her place in the baby's life!

I agree that it is Gehna's EGO rather than  SELF RESPECT which became more important than well being of her own son.

If Gehna would have been so self respecting person, she would not have agreed to sell herself in the very first place! We all blame Maasa but it is Gehna's own FATHER who sold her.

They were leading their lives in poverty but they were not dying. Maasa's wealth made Gehna's father greedy and even though her mother was against the alliance, her father made Gehna marry Basant.

Gehna made so much protest about injustic in her sasural, she remained quiet in her parent's place - WHY??!! just because, her parents problem being solved!! What about her own son's problem?!!

Gehna said - "as a daughter, I cant stay anymore. " As  a woman she is right but as a daughter No. 

Will her parents be happy?! Gehna's father will be flabbergasted if she returns. Practically, he had his reasons to be angry as he got one more responsibility.  Also, her return will make her family feel ashamed in their society and they have to bear the ' tana' of other people.

Edited by doyelpakhi - 04 December 2009 at 12:22am
anu rulz IF-Rockerz
anu rulz
anu rulz

Posted: 04 December 2009 at 6:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by doyelpakhi

Gehna would have been right if she would have left at least 6 months later when the baby could stay without mother. Right now, noone can substitute her place in the baby's life!

I agree that it is Gehna's EGO rather than  SELF RESPECT which became more important than well being of her own son.

If Gehna would have been so self respecting person, she would not have agreed to sell herself in the very first place! We all blame Maasa but it is Gehna's own FATHER who sold her.

They were leading their lives in poverty but they were not dying. Maasa's wealth made Gehna's father greedy and even though her mother was against the alliance, her father made Gehna marry Basant.

Gehna made so much protest about injustic in her sasural, she remained quiet in her parent's place - WHY??!! just because, her parents problem being solved!! What about her own son's problem?!!

Gehna said - "as a daughter, I cant stay anymore. " As  a woman she is right but as a daughter No. 

Will her parents be happy?! Gehna's father will be flabbergasted if she returns. Practically, he had his reasons to be angry as he got one more responsibility.  Also, her return will make her family feel ashamed in their society and they have to bear the ' tana' of other people.
i really dont think gehna had much of a choice wen her father decided to get her married off..there was no1 to fight for her..which is y she made it a point to stop her younger sister's wedding..i agree wid u tht it is gehna's father who is at fault to max extent..and tht her parents are not worth it..bt tell me which woman is going to stay in tht place after the crappy proposition maasa made to her..and plz dnt tell me tht she repented and made this proposition up with gehna's interest at hand..if gehna is leaving her newborn behind,it was maasa who told her to..now she has conveniently decided to 'forgive' gehna coz she wants sum1 to take care of her grandson..it is not her ego..her ego wud have been to leave the minute maasa reminded her of the promise..or else take the baby with her to teach maasa a lesson..

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sjnpdiatoms82RockChicGirl

_dkmystery_ IF-Stunnerz
_dkmystery_
_dkmystery_

Posted: 04 December 2009 at 6:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by anu rulz

i really dont think gehna had much of a choice wen her father decided to get her married off..there was no1 to fight for her..which is y she made it a point to stop her younger sister's wedding..i agree wid u tht it is gehna's father who is at fault to max extent..and tht her parents are not worth it..bt tell me which woman is going to stay in tht place after the crappy proposition maasa made to her..and plz dnt tell me tht she repented and made this proposition up with gehna's interest at hand..if gehna is leaving her newborn behind,it was maasa who told her to..now she has conveniently decided to 'forgive' gehna coz she wants sum1 to take care of her grandson..it is not her ego..her ego wud have been to leave the minute maasa reminded her of the promise..or else take the baby with her to teach maasa a lesson..

very well said anu, and it is bec. of this thought that the society will give tana, so many women keep suffering bad behavior from their in-laws, getting beaten up and worse... do you think maasa would have talked so sweetly to Gehna had she got Basant a baby girl and not a boy?

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sjnpRockChicGirl

anu rulz IF-Rockerz
anu rulz
anu rulz

Posted: 04 December 2009 at 6:36am | IP Logged
definitely all maasa's 'love' and 'concern' for gehna is coz the gender of the kid is male..if it had been a girl,she wudnt have bothered..and standing up against the society's atrocities is what the theme of the show is..and i dnt think gehna gives a damn abt the society..she was the one who had convinced sugna,sumitra and basanth for sugna's remarriage,she was the one who batted for anandi's education..gehna is one of the most progressive characters in the show..and frankly if she has an ego,what is wrong in tht???isnt every human being entitled to ego???or does maasa have the ownership rights there also???

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sjnp_dkmystery_RockChicGirl

doyelpakhi Goldie
doyelpakhi
doyelpakhi

Posted: 04 December 2009 at 8:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by anu rulz

Its not that Gehna did NOT have a choice at that time when her father made her marry Basant . Her condition now is same as before, infact worse. If she can take such a path breaking decision now, why didnot she do that before? At that time, if she would have protested and had gone to any extreme for her self respect it would have been right.

Now, for her "self respect" she is forgeting all the relations, all love that bestowed on her by other family members. She is even forgeting her duty for her own child. At least, for next few months, Gehna's presence is very important for her child.

Does not Gehna know very well that her parents would NOT accept her decision?! If she thinks that her parents would support her now, then she is the dumbest person on earth.
Sleepy

Also Maasa is a character who never talks sweetly, specially with any woman. Maasa is egoistic to the core, and old fashioned. Even if she wants good of any person, she never expresses it. It has been shown lot of time that Maasa wanted Sugna's happiness but she had been quiet bitter with her. She even showed door to her elder sister, inspite of the fact she loves her. Maasa's ego wins over her other emotions.

It is for Maasa's ego that everyone criticizes her, even I criticize Maasa. If for Maasa's ego, she is to be admonished then why not Gehna?! Maasa forgets relations and humanity for her ego, Gehna did the same this time.

Edited by doyelpakhi - 04 December 2009 at 8:28am

Go to top