Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Anurulz thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 14 years ago
Originally posted by: doyelpakhi

Gehna would have been right if she would have left at least 6 months later when the baby could stay without mother. Right now, noone can substitute her place in the baby's life!

I agree that it is Gehna's EGO rather than  SELF RESPECT which became more important than well being of her own son.

If Gehna would have been so self respecting person, she would not have agreed to sell herself in the very first place! We all blame Maasa but it is Gehna's own FATHER who sold her.

They were leading their lives in poverty but they were not dying. Maasa's wealth made Gehna's father greedy and even though her mother was against the alliance, her father made Gehna marry Basant.

Gehna made so much protest about injustic in her sasural, she remained quiet in her parent's place - WHY??!! just because, her parents problem being solved!! What about her own son's problem?!!

Gehna said - "as a daughter, I cant stay anymore. " As  a woman she is right but as a daughter No. 

Will her parents be happy?! Gehna's father will be flabbergasted if she returns. Practically, he had his reasons to be angry as he got one more responsibility.  Also, her return will make her family feel ashamed in their society and they have to bear the ' tana' of other people.

i really dont think gehna had much of a choice wen her father decided to get her married off..there was no1 to fight for her..which is y she made it a point to stop her younger sister's wedding..i agree wid u tht it is gehna's father who is at fault to max extent..and tht her parents are not worth it..bt tell me which woman is going to stay in tht place after the crappy proposition maasa made to her..and plz dnt tell me tht she repented and made this proposition up with gehna's interest at hand..if gehna is leaving her newborn behind,it was maasa who told her to..now she has conveniently decided to 'forgive' gehna coz she wants sum1 to take care of her grandson..it is not her ego..her ego wud have been to leave the minute maasa reminded her of the promise..or else take the baby with her to teach maasa a lesson..
dkmystery thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: anu rulz

i really dont think gehna had much of a choice wen her father decided to get her married off..there was no1 to fight for her..which is y she made it a point to stop her younger sister's wedding..i agree wid u tht it is gehna's father who is at fault to max extent..and tht her parents are not worth it..bt tell me which woman is going to stay in tht place after the crappy proposition maasa made to her..and plz dnt tell me tht she repented and made this proposition up with gehna's interest at hand..if gehna is leaving her newborn behind,it was maasa who told her to..now she has conveniently decided to 'forgive' gehna coz she wants sum1 to take care of her grandson..it is not her ego..her ego wud have been to leave the minute maasa reminded her of the promise..or else take the baby with her to teach maasa a lesson..

very well said anu, and it is bec. of this thought that the society will give tana, so many women keep suffering bad behavior from their in-laws, getting beaten up and worse... do you think maasa would have talked so sweetly to Gehna had she got Basant a baby girl and not a boy?

Anurulz thumbnail
definitely all maasa's 'love' and 'concern' for gehna is coz the gender of the kid is male..if it had been a girl,she wudnt have bothered..and standing up against the society's atrocities is what the theme of the show is..and i dnt think gehna gives a damn abt the society..she was the one who had convinced sugna,sumitra and basanth for sugna's remarriage,she was the one who batted for anandi's education..gehna is one of the most progressive characters in the show..and frankly if she has an ego,what is wrong in tht???isnt every human being entitled to ego???or does maasa have the ownership rights there also???
doyelpakhi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: anu rulz

Its not that Gehna did NOT have a choice at that time when her father made her marry Basant . Her condition now is same as before, infact worse. If she can take such a path breaking decision now, why didnot she do that before? At that time, if she would have protested and had gone to any extreme for her self respect it would have been right.

Now, for her "self respect" she is forgeting all the relations, all love that bestowed on her by other family members. She is even forgeting her duty for her own child. At least, for next few months, Gehna's presence is very important for her child.

Does not Gehna know very well that her parents would NOT accept her decision?! If she thinks that her parents would support her now, then she is the dumbest person on earth.
🥱

Also Maasa is a character who never talks sweetly, specially with any woman. Maasa is egoistic to the core, and old fashioned. Even if she wants good of any person, she never expresses it. It has been shown lot of time that Maasa wanted Sugna's happiness but she had been quiet bitter with her. She even showed door to her elder sister, inspite of the fact she loves her. Maasa's ego wins over her other emotions.

It is for Maasa's ego that everyone criticizes her, even I criticize Maasa. If for Maasa's ego, she is to be admonished then why not Gehna?! Maasa forgets relations and humanity for her ego, Gehna did the same this time.

Edited by doyelpakhi - 14 years ago
vaishu.reddy89 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Gehna should leave,.,.,
maasa needs only the heir,.,.,
she was about to kkill gehna for that heir,.,.,
gehna is right about leaving the home,.,.,
gehna zinda hone se ya na hone se hi maasa ko pharak nahi padtha hai then what if she leaves or not,.,.,
ashasangeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Gehna is absolutely right. I respect this character.
dibyaA thumbnail
I agree maasa said a lot of mean things and her actions cannot be justified but I still feel that for a mother her baby is the most important thing. Leaving her baby just to prove your point is absolutely horrendous!!..

Anurulz thumbnail
Originally posted by: doyelpakhi

Its not that Gehna did NOT have a choice at that time when her father made her marry Basant . Her condition now is same as before, infact worse. If she can take such a path breaking decision now, why didnot she do that before? At that time, if she would have protested and had gone to any extreme for her self respect it would have been right.

Now, for her "self respect" she is forgeting all the relations, all love that bestowed on her by other family members. She is even forgeting her duty for her own child. At least, for next few months, Gehna's presence is very important for her child.

Does not Gehna know very well that her parents would NOT accept her decision?! If she thinks that her parents would support her now, then she is the dumbest person on earth.
🥱

Also Maasa is a character who never talks sweetly, specially with any woman. Maasa is egoistic to the core, and old fashioned. Even if she wants good of any person, she never expresses it. It has been shown lot of time that Maasa wanted Sugna's happiness but she had been quiet bitter with her. She even showed door to her elder sister, inspite of the fact she loves her. Maasa's ego wins over her other emotions.

It is for Maasa's ego that everyone criticizes her, even I criticize Maasa. If for Maasa's ego, she is to be admonished then why not Gehna?! Maasa forgets relations and humanity for her ego, Gehna did the same this time.

i dont understand what u mean when you say she should have fought b4 her marriage?what she should have done???do you know what the situations of poverty driven families is in rural India?women are being sold off every single day?you think these girls have a choice and they CHOOSE to be sold off?u say she should not have let herself be sold off in the first place..how was she to do tht?by walking off from her wedding?i agree the marriage was so tht her father cud get money..and she succumbed coz she knew the situation of the family..and did she not tolerate the atrocities basanth did to her?becoz she dint have a say in her own life..tht is how 99% of women in rural India live..if she walked off today tht is becoz she CAN..coz she did what she was brought to the haveli for..only thing maasa wanted was a son..and earlier so did basanth..now he has changed bt has tht chap told her how he feels for her?no..all the time he told her to stay for the baby..not once did he add his own name..life is not going to be easy for her in any way...all of us know tht..bt if she dint leave now,she would be hearing about the 'forgotten promise' everytime maasa gets pissed at her..as for living ther for 6 mths,it would amount to the same thing..maasa would tell her she dsnt want to forget the luxuries of the haveli tht is why she delayed her leaving..believe me,tht woman thinks only in one direction..
Edited by anu rulz - 14 years ago
iloveidiotbox thumbnail
@shreya, I agree with you abt Maasa, but what is illogical is why Gehna is bringing it up now out of the blue. I don't think she is even aware of what transpired outside her hospital room, else it would have been worse. Thing is Maasa reacted exactly the way you would expect her to. Gehna cannot imagine or hope for Maasa to change her opinion overnight. Besides, she(Gehna) is the one who brought up the whole "I paid off the loan, so I can leave" She was the one who put a monetary price on her motherhood. So why does she have an issue with Maasa doing the same?
I will just write off Gehna's odd behavior as post partum depression that has driven her nuts enough to go back to her useless parents, who are bound to be heartless and unsympathetic. And nothing can justify her staying with Niranjan.
dkmystery thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: iloveidiotbox

@shreya, I agree with you abt Maasa, but what is illogical is why Gehna is bringing it up now out of the blue. I don't think she is even aware of what transpired outside her hospital room, else it would have been worse. Thing is Maasa reacted exactly the way you would expect her to. Gehna cannot imagine or hope for Maasa to change her opinion overnight. Besides, she(Gehna) is the one who brought up the whole "I paid off the loan, so I can leave" She was the one who put a monetary price on her motherhood. So why does she have an issue with Maasa doing the same?
I will just write off Gehna's odd behavior as post partum depression that has driven her nuts enough to go back to her useless parents, who are bound to be heartless and unsympathetic. And nothing can justify her staying with Niranjan.

I think you missed the epi. during Gehna's pregnancy when maasa reminded Gehna that she will have to leave the Haveli after the delivery
and as far as I remember, Gehna had confessed in front of Sumitra that she had totally forgotten about this deal... for once keep yourself in place of Gehna and think whether you would live in such a house where every day someone would keep reminding you that your parents sold you off, that they are so poor and your mother-in-law has done a great great job by bringing you in the house and providing you with clothes, food, shelter and jewellery...