Debate Mansion

Did the director undo New Moon? (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 05 December 2009 at 10:20am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sneha0601

So which team would you be Anju then? Edward or Jacob? And why? (Note: I solely mean Edward/Jacob and NOT Robert/Taylor at all... Because in the later case, it would be too obvious!! LOL)

Team Edward. (Except when Jacob is shirtless)

Just kidding. ROFL I don't know, I'm more of a Team Jacob fan. I liked Edward in Twilight, but I don't know, there was something missing there. When Jacob came along, he seemed so much more real, so much more emotional, and he was adorable. I hate how perfect Edward is, it annoys me to no end. But i also don't know think that Jacob and Bella could be together. Bella and Edward deserve each other too much. LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Angelic_J

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Did the director undo New Moon? (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 05 December 2009 at 11:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Alright, I am not much of a fan of the Twilight series. Me neither However, today someone brought up an interesting point to me.

While I may not like the series, when I saw Twilight I thought the cast could not have been better. Robert Pattison seemed dreamy as Edward and the entire Cullen clan was gorgeous. I even had to admit there was something to Bella and Edward's obsessive romanticism. I actually don't think much of Rob's looks, so since Edward was supposed to be divinely gorgeous, I didn't really think he fit, but Kristen as Bella was perfect. And of course, the Cullens were perfect choices, especially whoever played Carlisle and Alice. 

However, most people I know were disappointed with Edward in New Moon. Many felt as a movie New Moon was better, especially the visual effects and thrills. But Edward seemed more like some junkie freak and the sweeping magic of Bella Edward's romantic connection was missing. That's because Edward's missing in most of the New Moon book itself. Obviously Bella and Edward'd "romance" would miss the same feel it had in Twilight, but I too thought New Moon movie was so much better than Twilight. The visual effects were beyond awesome and made an otherwise drab storyline pretty interesting. No one could have played Jacob's role better than Taylor Lautner, and the ending was taken well, especially with the whole Volturri in Italy part.  

Twilight was directed by Catherine Hardiwicke. New Moon was directed by Chris Weitz. A friend suggested that being a female director Hardwicke was able to capture the beauty and essence of Edward and the Bella/Edward romance better. Weitz on the other hand does great with the buff more masculine Quileute werewolves and Jacob but is unable to capture the romantic aspect of Bella/Edward or do Edward and his looks justice. I don't think being female or male really matters. Lots of males took really good romance movies before. It all just has to do with getting the intent of the story out, and I think New Moon did that better than Twilight. Edward was missing out on 80% of the story in the book itself, so it's not surprising that he disappears for most of the movie. 

What do people have to say on this? I'm curious what some of the fans think? Is there anything to this theory? Since I'm not a fan, I can't answer for a fan, but this is my opinion on New Moon. It was an enjoyable watch unlike Twilight, which dragged at times just like the book.  

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Angelic_Jreturn_to_hades

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 05 December 2009 at 10:30pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Midnight_Shade

Originally posted by the_Naked_face

Woah middy!

I dont think  ive ever seen you write sooooooo much! LOLLOL

Its too late here to share my points RTH, later.....

Good night middy Embarrassed!, LOL.....around 16 or so hours ago, i was saying good night to you and now its good night for me LOL....

Xoxo

LOL! yeah, this is my first time. I was like WOAH at myself ..i just went on and on without realizing that it would come out that long.LOL
Alright....g'nite, girlfrenEmbarrassed....sleep well.

LOL

Haha I knew that something to do with Twilight would get the two of you posting more on DM. LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-SnehaMidnight_Shade

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 05 December 2009 at 10:40pm | IP Logged
Just to add my perspective, I personally did not have any problem with Chris Weitz direction. In fact for me, New Moon was a better movie than Twilight.  Twilight seemed to drag on, way too many unreal sappy emotions and obsessive behavior. New Moon on the other hand moves at a better pace, the screenplay is more taut. Most importantly I feel that Jacob is more realistic. He is not sappy, creepy or obsessive, he is more like someone one would want to fall in love with. I think I liked New Moon as a movie better than Twilight because it does not carry on the sappiness of the previous flick.

My mom is reading the Twilight series now. She has finished two of the books in two days. LOL She is starting Eclipse tomorrow. I think she is enjoying it. She rolls her eyes at my scathing criticism of the series, although my sister who semi-enjoyed the series finds it awesome that I will endure all books and movies only to gain ammo for my vehement criticism and disdainful sarcasm.

Romantic movies I can handle. But books bleh - It took zombie mayhem to get me to read pride and prejudice.

That being said I think it is awesome that Bella will be making out with a Volturi in their next movie. Oh no, its not some unexpected twist in eclipse. Kristen Stewart and Dakota Fanning in 'The Runaways'. To think the last I watched Dakota before New Moon was when she was a screeching child in 'War of the Worlds'. They grow up so fast.

Sujal_Fan_No1

Goldie

Sujal_Fan_No1

Posted: 06 December 2009 at 6:36am | IP Logged

So which team would you be Anju then? Edward or Jacob? And why? (Note: I solely mean Edward/Jacob and NOT Robert/Taylor at all... Because in the later case, it would be too obvious!! LOL)

Also, I think HP's a better success in any age group because exactly the first reason you talked of in Twilight. Because HP, books or movies, explains the characters in its totality, or at least to the best possible! What Harry feels, what Ron feels, what Hermione, Draco, Dumbledore feel individually and respectively. Those once in while scenes showing nothing but the expressions on the faces of those individuals. Whereas Twilight and New Moon BOTH don't have those. I think Kristen's grown as an actor, but Robert, not really too much! Many times in the movie there are expressions that just don't match! Though sometimes a character is successful because of the actor who plays it whereas other times its vice versa. I think in Twilight's case, Robert became successful because he played Edward, whereas Jacob became successful because he was being played by Taylor.

Team Edward is Better LOL

I agree with u, am a fan of Hp and Twilight.
However i think Hp is slightly better because it takes into acount all off the characters and there emotions. In Twilight it just is Bella's point of view and somepoints in NM it did get a bit boring, i think NM wasnt that gd because it had no chemistry between the characters like it did in the first one.,

-Sneha

IF-Dazzler

-Sneha

Posted: 06 December 2009 at 8:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Sujal_Fan_No1

Team Edward is Better LOL

I agree with u, am a fan of Hp and Twilight.
However i think Hp is slightly better because it takes into acount all off the characters and there emotions. In Twilight it just is Bella's point of view and somepoints in NM it did get a bit boring, i think NM wasnt that gd because it had no chemistry between the characters like it did in the first one.,

Although I don't agree with the last part of your post, it's also each to his own. I feel that's not truly the reason why the HP series, have been, as movie or book, a better success! We've seen books becoming best sellers, and movies becoming blockbusters even when they take into account only one person's view. That surely could not be the reason why any sensible critic in the world would choose HP over Twilight! We cannot help but agree that there have to be several other, more important factors in the making. Also, take out the vampires and werewolves and Twilight becomes an ordinary story/love triangle like so many other before it. Whereas HP is quite another matter altogether. HP is another world created in our world. HP makes you dream, wonder, hope even that such a world could, and should exist because of the sheer beauty of it....

Though I am no great fan, I think New Moon was far better than Twilight. Not only in terms of improvement on the actors' front, but also in terms of the overall product. And talking about chemistry, again, everyone has his/her own point of me. For me, Jacob-Bella have always been much better off than Edward-Bella. As 'Woh Ajnabee' says earlier on, they seem much more real, much more happening and I personally can relate much more to their love story!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Beyond_the_Veil

-Sneha

IF-Dazzler

-Sneha

Posted: 06 December 2009 at 8:39am | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

Team Edward. (Except when Jacob is shirtless)

Just kidding. ROFL I don't know, I'm more of a Team Jacob fan. I liked Edward in Twilight, but I don't know, there was something missing there. When Jacob came along, he seemed so much more real, so much more emotional, and he was adorable. I hate how perfect Edward is, it annoys me to no end. But i also don't know think that Jacob and Bella could be together. Bella and Edward deserve each other too much. LOL

I asked the question, because I knew the answer you'd give me would reflect my thoughts! Wink

-Sneha

IF-Dazzler

-Sneha

Posted: 06 December 2009 at 8:39am | IP Logged
Sarina, so you are not the Mills and Boons type huh? ROFL

Post Reply New Post

Go to top