[BURNING ISSUE] Problems for Dual Earner Families. - Page 6

Posted: 14 years ago
Originally posted by angie.4u

men & women both can B  earning members without being a part of the rat race... its a Question of working out ones priorities in life & some adjustments by both ðŸ˜Š

Should the priority be family or career ... maybe thats one way to rephrase the question put by the respected topic starter.
Originally posted by Crimson_Sky

Should the priority be family or career ... maybe thats one way to rephrase the question put by the respected topic starter.

Again - why does it have to be this or that when one can manage both? 
Originally posted by Gauri_3

Again - why does it have to be this or that when one can manage both? 
If one could manage both, this would never have been an issue.

As for this issue being a burning issue, you can check on google or bing by searching for it. Its an issue which is being researched globally, and many around the globe (be it east or west) recognise it as one of the factors towards the collapse of the family system.

If one could manage both, this would never have been an issue.

As for this issue being a burning issue, you can check on google or bing by searching for it. Its an issue which is being researched globally, and many around the globe (be it east or west) recognise it as one of the factors towards the collapse of the family system.
Look, you can search google for all sort of stuff and then try digging it down to what kind of upbringing that child had.  Stay at home moms key batchey bhi bigadtey hain.  No one can deny that fact.  Just like how some double earnings families fail when it comes to prioritizing - the single earning families also fail and due to the exact same reason. 

Collapse of the family system has many  more root causes than just this one.  Financial independence gives one a way out of an abusive relationship.  It is better for the kids this way rather than the stay at home spouse getting abused by the earning spouse in front of the kids.  

As far as google search is concerned - if you search for single earning family issues - you'll get many hits proving how that is  an equally bad situation. 
Why are you only looking as the abusive father/parent?

According to a research, the single earning family were seen to suffer less stress than the dual earner.

http://www.kon.org/urc/v5/humphrey.html.

😊

Yes you should prioritize, but this prioritization changes from time to time, for both man and woman. 

Why are you only looking as the abusive father/parent?

because you are only looking at one priority at a time.  All I am asking is why can't there be a balance?  As far as the link - well, it all depends on what one wants to search for.  Search for pros of double income family and you will get plenty out on google 😊
But its not searching for double income families. Its a detailed study of both double and single income families in an unbiased manner.

You can see, the null hypothesis being double income families are better. However, the results were not very good for the balance side. Balance is hard to achieve, and plans are usually never perfect.

The traditional family system is getting acceptance in the States, and there are many followers of this system too (growing in the west).

Ofcourse, women should have the independence, and it should be a mutual decision through consultation. The point is, if THEY should choose this option, provided the financial situation of the family is more or less stable.

Its not about the money only, but about the issue of careers.

The traditional family system is getting acceptance in the States, and there are many followers of this system too (growing in the west).
Only because economy is bad these days.  Not many jobs out there and lot of lay offs.

Ofcourse, women should have the independence, and it should be a mutual decision through consultation. The point is, if THEY should choose this option, provided the financial situation of the family is more or less stable.
Of course - it is a given that which ever spouse stays home - they choose it out of their own free will.

Its not about the money only, but about the issue of careers.

actually, i have come across more bifdey nawab-shehzadiyaan from stay at home mom families than dual income families.  I find kids from dual income families to be more grounded, lot more mature and lot more serious about studies and their own careers.  But then my views are also heavily biased based on my family and my kids😊

but as far as families collapsing - I think both set collapse equally - reasons of collapse may be different though.  At the end of the day, it all boils down to setting your priorities and managing your time well.  Many stay at home moms fail at both just like many working moms.  So, why not get some mileage out of this failure if nothing else!!!

That will depend on ones circumstances & individuality. Same rule does not apply to all. Some ppl can manage both some neither. Some ppl though not inclined to work are forced by their circumstances or experience in life to do so.As for me it works fine whichever way. I can slog for  hrs at my institute without noticing the clock at the same time I also enjoy my hols without missing my work. I can sleep for hrs during vacation doing nothing & work without sleep when reqd & enjoy it all 😆 All I can say is one is happy when one is free to choose & when one is happy one can tackle any problem happily 😉

This is true for both men & women though we usually expect the men to B breadwinners some of them may not B inclined to work whereas the wife may B . So what wud u suggest in this case?