Debate Mansion

[BURNING ISSUE] Problems for Dual Earner Families. (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 8

Page 1
Page   of 8
Page 3 Page 8

-Sneha

IF-Dazzler

-Sneha

Posted: 02 December 2009 at 1:35am | IP Logged
CensoredCensored

I wrote an awesome long post just for IF to tell me spamming is not allowed and to delete everything I wrote... Angry

So, I'll come back with it when I am in mood to write that much again! Nuke

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "[BURNING ISSUE] Problems for Dual Earner Families. (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

angelic_devil

IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 02 December 2009 at 1:48am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

persistence

Goldie

persistence

Posted: 02 December 2009 at 1:51am | IP Logged

Yes, careers can take insane amount of time, etc. away from family and marriage. So a balance is desired and needed. I think people also need to realize that personal life should be paid as much attention if not more. Career can be made any day. It's when we think or have a set notion of "successful" in our minds, the world can turn upside down. I think each individual needs to think for himself/herself about what "success" means to him/her.

For some reason, I am not convinced that dual careers is reason for devaluing family or low morality in society. Is there research to back-up this claim?

Like I said before, money is not the only reason for having a dual career. Also for some, the perceived difference could only be because they have experienced the other end (and find it blisful/convenient)... one who is used to dealing with parents working/grows up in that environment may not think it a big deal. Parents alone are not solely responsible for kids characteristics, etc. Of course, it's because I believe in communal responsibility. If responsibility is considered individualistic/just family (whoever or how ever many number is needed to consider it a family), then your point is well-made.

persistence

Goldie

persistence

Posted: 02 December 2009 at 1:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by angelic_devil

y is it that women have to earn independence only through being financially independent. i think taking care of house and children is equally (if not more) demanding. y is it that they cannot get that same respect and rights without earning as she get by earning?
I think that is just one aspect of it. Women are to be intellecutally, emotionally and spiritually indepdent as well. Perhaps, if a woman can earn - she has "proven" her caliber for performing on the intellectual and emotional level (as menOuch).  It's not about down-playing any roles (domestic or otherwise). as to why they can't earn the same respect from house work, cause that is how society is.LOL 

On a more serious note, I don't understand why women only have to feed family. They can feed the world as well... of course not at expense of family. Balance again.Big smile

LoneStranger

Posted: 02 December 2009 at 2:15am | IP Logged

jettythegod

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 02 December 2009 at 2:17am | IP Logged

LoneStranger

Posted: 02 December 2009 at 2:21am | IP Logged

casper2

Goldie

casper2

Posted: 02 December 2009 at 2:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by LoneStranger

Saying 'BALANCE' is preety easy. Look at how the west suffered.

& just how the women of east have suffered too coz of their home loving & hubby serving ways Shocked many women even today are treated like doormats only because they do not earn Disapprove

Post Reply New Post

Go to top