Debate Mansion

[BURNING ISSUE] Problems for Dual Earner Families.

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 8

Page 1
Page   of 8
Page 2 Page 8

LoneStranger

Posted: 01 December 2009 at 11:44am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "[BURNING ISSUE] Problems for Dual Earner Families." in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

jettythegod

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 01 December 2009 at 12:07pm | IP Logged

gumsum

Goldie

gumsum

Posted: 01 December 2009 at 5:07pm | IP Logged
I am in complete favor of dual income families where husband wife both works. It is important for every individual not to be dependent on another for the survival. Afterall its not about money its about a life outside the family.
I don't agree about extra-marital affairs, affairs are totally non-dependent of a spouse working or non-working. Same goes for the inferiority complex. I agree with it resulting in less time for kids and partner but thats not something which can't be worked out. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

karandel_2008

jettythegod

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 01 December 2009 at 10:30pm | IP Logged

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 01 December 2009 at 11:00pm | IP Logged

Now Money is not there we feel we miss something....you may not have money, you may not succeed in the so called world....now a days people say happiness can be purchased just through money...... our soceity create a feeling that you are missing something.... then we start working for it, then we earn money, then we try purchase it...Smilethese feelings come from deep...cos we born n brought up that way....In family life, now a days hus n wife do jobs,some families they dont do, if there is different kind of complex the life will be become mess, I dont think its happen cos of money only.....other side if you have 100 bucks in ur pocket....there is you have thousands of things in your pocket. ...You can have anything with those 100 bucks...they can use it correct way, or wrong ways.....we cant blame any gender cos..whole attitude about life is money oriented....n money is one of the most uncreative things one can become interested inSmileMoney, power, prestige, are uncreative... not only uncreative...but destructive too....I think we should cherish the things whatever we have...I feel those who can enjoy the God of small things in life...they can enjoy the life without money also...Smile

Edited by Believe - 01 December 2009 at 11:32pm

persistence

Goldie

persistence

Posted: 02 December 2009 at 1:21am | IP Logged
Problems? All the problems in the world can exist with or without dual careers. Or almost none if there is shared understanding between partners and family members.

I fully support the concept. Like I said earlier, family and morality can be held in dual careers households. Depends on individuals and family involved. What makes us think that dual careers are the reason for devaluing family/morality around the world (not just the west)? Home environment is only one of the factors influencing character development of kids. Other factos such as society, emphasis on individualization to the extent of not seeing or thinking in systems/interconnected ways, inherent human nature, etc. could all be responsible for shift in values/culture. Why blame time spent on our careers?

Hmm, I don't think money is the sole reason for having dual careers. Women have dreams, career aspirations, wants/needs to be creative and contribute to the world, not just her/a family just as men may. Now that it is "more acceptable," and women have the option, they utilize. Women may/can lead more fulfilled lives as individuals (speculation), and hence contribute more to the family.

Yes, there may be less time for kids/children, but at least in my mind, I don't think I would want to be around family/kids (which I don't have) 24/7. Expression, love, care, share when needed/sought is enough for me. I don't know about others. :)

Persy

karandel_2008

LoneStranger

Posted: 02 December 2009 at 1:31am | IP Logged

-Sneha

IF-Dazzler

-Sneha

Posted: 02 December 2009 at 1:33am | IP Logged
Everything in our "new" era comes with its pros and cons. We can't possibly denigrate a particular type of happening just so for a few problems that it springs up in society.

I think the best aspect about a dual earner family is the independence a woman gets. Now be careful, independence does NOT necessarily mean freedom to do anything or everything. It just implies that she has both the confidence and the ability to take care of herself or her children if ever something were to happen to her husband, or that she had the same power to give a tight slap to her husband if he were to propose alimony in exchange for peaceful divorce.

I am not a hard-core feminist, but yes, I do believe that the best thing about either of the spouse working is the respective autonomy that they receive. This does NOT mean that they shouldn't share bank balances, or that they should not take important decisions together, or share the household chores anymore. It simply means that each of them are ready for whatever happens in 2012... LOL

Yes, definitely there is the negative side of it. I still the remember the kind of "quality" time my own mother used to provide me with, when I was younger, and the kind of time she has for my brother nowadays when she has started working since 2 years. It's a drastic change, not even comparable if you ask me. But I admire her because she has learnt the art of handling both well, and also counts on my grandma, who stays at home only, to replace what is amiss perhaps. We do cringe sometimes about returning home and having nothing to eat, but when you replace it with an extra holiday thought because she got a promotion, believe me, it sounds a tad bit better!

So actually, it truly depends on both the husband and wife handling the situation. One couple can make it their greatest asset and curb the cons into pros too, whereas the other couple keep up with the fights and depression. Everything is so subjective anyway nowadays! It's was so much simpler in cavemen days... LOL

karandel_2008

Post Reply New Post

Go to top