Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 30 November 2009 at 10:14pm | IP Logged
In the movie Matrix the lead character Neo played by Keanu Reeves is offered a choice. Either to take the red pill or the blue pill. If he takes the blue pill he goes back to his everyday routine life like nothing happened. If he takes the red pill the truth will be revealed. Neo chooses to take the red pill.

Upon taking the pill he realizes that the life he has lived all his life is not real. It is a virtual reality called the Matrix. The world has been taken over by intelligent machines. Human beings are grown by them in pods. They human is permanently comatose and sustained through pipes and tubes. The machines harvest biomechanical energy from the humans. All comatose humans brains are attached to a computer that simulates a reality in their brain - this is the matrix. Basically its just like our normal human lives, we live, we interact, we go on with everyday matters. The only difference being that everything we perceive real and true is a reality fed by a computer.

Now thats the background to the question

If you were in place of Neo, what would you choose red pill (truth) or blue pill (ignorance)? Why?

Remember this is not just a matter of knowing or not knowing. It is a question of your reality being altered. The truth is not some finite piece of information. Everything you know and believe, your entire existence could be turned upside down - life as you know it could cease to exist - would you still choose the truth.

Many people discuss the Matrix in philosophical concepts and feel the movie represents many philosophical, spiritual and even religious concepts. Have you watched Matrix, what did you feel about it philosophically?

Edited by return_to_hades - 30 November 2009 at 10:15pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "The Matrix Question" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

casper2

Goldie

casper2

Posted: 01 December 2009 at 12:30am | IP Logged
I would choose the red pill .Nothing but the whole truth for me Approve

karandel_2008

IF-Rockerz

karandel_2008

Posted: 01 December 2009 at 5:10am | IP Logged
Problem is that we dont know if that red pill will give us the truth (if it even exists).
Choosing the red pill takes Neo to Zion, but is Zion real or just another matrix, within a matrix, that claims to be the real world?

Out of curiosity, and for at least a relatively truer reality, I might choose the red pill.

Edited by karandel_2008 - 01 December 2009 at 5:52am

jettythegod

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 01 December 2009 at 5:27am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 01 December 2009 at 7:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by karandel_2008

Problem is that we dont know if that red pill will give us the truth (if it even exists).
Choosing the red pill takes Neo to Zion, but is Zion real or just another matrix, within a matrix, that claims to be the real world?

Out of curiosity, and for at least a relatively truer reality, I might choose the red pill.

Of course assuming the red pill will give us the truth. Besides our worlds truth could be different from the truth of the Matrix.

souro

souro

Posted: 01 December 2009 at 7:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

If you were in place of Neo, what would you choose red pill (truth) or blue pill (ignorance)? Why?

If I was in place of Neo, even I'd have taken the red pill.
Why?? I won't want to disappoint all those who've spent their money hoping for a 3hr sci-fi, action packed movie by ending it in 30 mins with me going back to tube feeding. Wouldn't make business sense and I'd be kissing goodbye to Matrix Reloaded and Revolutions.
Tongue

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 01 December 2009 at 8:29am | IP Logged
Cant choose Red or blue....Am in Middle cos the real truth is unknown to me, but I believe means to believe in something as true ...I think thats my ignorance .....but I believe even ignorance can become a creative, in the hands of a knowledgeable one...Metrix is mixeture of different concept and idea's showed in different directors in different film....its just an creative entertainer ..Smile

karandel_2008

IF-Rockerz

karandel_2008

Posted: 01 December 2009 at 8:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Believe

Cant choose Red or blue....Am in Middle cos the real truth is unknown to me, but I believe means to believe in something as true ...I think thats my ignorance .....but I believe even ignorance can become a creative, in the hands of a knowledgeable one...Metrix is mixeture of different concept and idea's showed in different directors in different film....its just an creative entertainer ..Smile

And baba (if you permit)  Believe ji snatches both the pills from Morpheus and gobbles both of them?

Post Reply New Post

Go to top