Punjabi Channel

y is it necessary for punjabis' to hav a put(son)? (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2

~*manai*~

IF-Sizzlerz

~*manai*~

Posted: 01 December 2009 at 5:27pm | IP Logged
i am thankful to know that in my family girls are valued the same as boys. like in my family my parents let us go out and stuff like they do my brother.... i think this is just illiterate unpaar purane zamaane burri burre thinking as time passes and people are being more educated i hope this thinking too will diminish

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Jess.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "y is it necessary for punjabis' to hav a put(son)? (Page 2)" in Punjabi Channel forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Navi-

IF-Dazzler

-Navi-

Posted: 12 December 2009 at 11:11am | IP Logged
I think in our generation and our parents are more educated now and don't believe in this type of "crap" I think we're sensible and now where we stand in society. And girls are the lights of their houses they are the "sir de taaj" for their fathers, they are the ones who make their fathers stand proud!! I think now days in fact people want girls....I don't think in the year 2009 soon to be 2010 that people should have this thinking....accept it, because its god's gift!!! And kids are another "roop" of god....so whether it be a girl or a boy accept it...because its your blood!!!!!!!

Jess.

Jess.

IF-Veteran Member

Jess.

Posted: 14 December 2009 at 4:33pm | IP Logged
i agree^^
All children are a roop of god :)
accept whatever you get!

lol my dad is always bragging about me! & my brother gets really jealous LOL

Star_on_earth

IF-Rockerz

Star_on_earth

Posted: 21 December 2009 at 1:11am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ~*manai*~

i am thankful to know that in my family girls are valued the same as boys. like in my family my parents let us go out and stuff like they do my brother.... i think this is just illiterate unpaar purane zamaane burri burre thinking as time passes and people are being more educated i hope this thinking too will diminish

i agree with all of you...this is one thing that makes me so angry..i dont understand why people (specialllllllly PUNJABI'S) prefer son over a daughter..Ouch

@ bold: its not just the illiterate one's who think that way..but i know manny literate ones who are settled abroad and have this mentality...Dead

and i dont think it has anything to do with the name thing..its mainly the rules of the society..son/male's are considered stronger than females...they have more rights..u see any wedding its always the "ladke wale" who gets more preference..and even after marr. the guy's family is paid more attention to..to support them financially whereas girls family is not important at all..as though their job's over now and they have nothing to do with the girl.....

as for girls being better than guys..there's no doubt in that..coz in most of the cases the girls from childhood are taught to be adjustable and not be too demanding whereas guys have more freedom..and they are pampered more..(thanks to the relatives who think guys are precious) so ultimately the guy when grows up would be less considerate towards their family than girls..

Jess.

ana1

IF-Rockerz

ana1

Posted: 02 January 2010 at 7:56pm | IP Logged
my mom has witnessed her sister-in-law obort 2 girls...my mom tells me she can never forget as she asked my aunt to have the baby and she will adopt it. Personally i feel boys are more toruble, But in punjab especially boys are treated as princes and girls areconsidered burdens. I hate these kinds of ppl my grandmother is one of those kinds that sighs when someone has a baby girl. I alwys shoot back and ask tell her their is no difference b/w a boy and girl. If her parents thought that way u probably would not be here. A women gives life and i feel very women should be respected very higfhly

Jess.

-Navi-

IF-Dazzler

-Navi-

Posted: 07 January 2010 at 6:30pm | IP Logged
I agreee!! Women need to be highlyrespected!!!!!!!! THey are the ones that bring u into this world!!!!! They are your grandmother, your mother, sister, your siser-in-law, daughter, niece!!! U need to show respect them!!!!! 

-Pinky-

IF-Dazzler

-Pinky-

Posted: 15 March 2010 at 11:05am | IP Logged
i think because they feel that the guys will carry their last name.. while girls have to change theirs.... so its like end of their family name or w/e.. but its different now... girls don't have to change their last nameif they dont want to.. and  can still carry their family name. so it shouldn't matter.

Angel-Jot.

Angel-Jot.

I-F Crazy Creatives Head, BollyCurry Screen Writer

Posted: 03 April 2010 at 12:42pm | IP Logged

When i was born my mom wasn't really happy because she wanted a boy and now she has a boy. I have a younger brother and everytime he makes a mistake, i'm to blame because i'm older. If he wants something, i have to give it because he's younger. My mom thinks that boys are better because their going to support the parents when they get old and girls leave when they get married. What if the son turns out to be bad and doesnt give a damn about the parents, what are they going to do then? My dad doesnt think like that-thank god. Most women think a lot like that. My mom's friend has 3 daughters now and she wants a son. She even took medicine and she had a miscarriage-it was a boy. It died inside her womb. I mean what is wrong with people? Girls and boys are equal. Girls can do everything boys can now. People need to grow up and "purane zamaane" people need a reality check.

~Jot~

Preet.Kc

Post Reply New Post

Go to top