Debate Mansion

do u think second-generation indians should ???/ (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 6

Page 1 Page 4
Page   of 6
Page 6 Page 6

Jess.

IF-Veteran Member

Jess.

Posted: 29 November 2009 at 9:35pm | IP Logged
Well, i've always thought of myself as an indian :D
i mean thats our ethnicity...and im an american by nationality

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

angelic_devilhindu4lyf

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "do u think second-generation indians should ???/ (Page 5)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

krystal_watz

IF-Sizzlerz

krystal_watz

Posted: 23 December 2009 at 12:36am | IP Logged
in my poinion u can be loyal to only ONE nation..and not two........

krystal_watz

IF-Sizzlerz

krystal_watz

Posted: 23 December 2009 at 12:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Jess.

so which one are u loyal to?

if theres a war between usa and india (god forbid, but still)..who will u support?

rogna

IF-Rockerz

rogna

Posted: 23 December 2009 at 3:31am | IP Logged
duhhhh.... even though they have identified themselves as british or american or wherever place they chose to stay. their ethnicity is always indians. it's just like the chinese as well you know. the chinese people in malaysia are malaysian by citizenship, but they always consider themselves as chinese malaysian in comparison to just melayu people which are indigenous malaysian or indian malaysian. chinese indonesian are indonesian by citizenship but still they hold certain levels of prejudism and racism with the indigenous indonesian people and vice versa. people may change their citizenships or were born in other states, yet they could never changed their ethicity.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Fair-n-luvly

debayon

IF-Sizzlerz

debayon

Posted: 23 December 2009 at 8:57am | IP Logged
well, technically they are natives of the country they were born in(their passport says so).....but they should identify themseleves as Indians because they are brown, are only 2nd generation and they are actually from India because  their parents were born there and they decided to come here. Had they decided to live there, they would have an Indian passport. Good question, BTWClap

angelic_devil

IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 23 December 2009 at 11:07am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Fair-n-luvly

Jess.

IF-Veteran Member

Jess.

Posted: 23 December 2009 at 6:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by krystal_watz

Originally posted by Jess.

so which one are u loyal to?

if theres a war between usa and india (god forbid, but still)..who will u support?

There's no reason for anyone to have to claim which country they're "loyal" to just because they live in one country and parents are from one country. & i agree totally with this person:

Originally posted by the_Naked_face

I am loyal to the land that gives me education, place to live in, food to survive on, friends to support me through thick and thin....the place that actually makes me. People often question which is more important, a biological mother that gives only birth to you or to the mother that brings life to the birth and brings you up.  I believe in the latter. India is the mother land that gave birth to my parents but they adapted in living in UK and i was brought up in Glasgow thus this makes UK more important to me and i am more loyal to this country and love it more.  Nevertheless i also love India, since thats where my family began from and is now growing in and exploiting other parts of countries beside India.

And yeah i watch Indian reality serials since my mum watches them and you tend to follow what your elders do eh?LOL.... i hate the indian daily serials since they are far from true and dont actually reflect  the  true Indian culture. The protagonist always seems to be suffering and crying which is quite depressing to watch and not to mention boring. I like reality shows of simple, ordinary people not transformation from rags to riches.

Xoxo

Edited by Jess. - 23 December 2009 at 7:07pm

Jess.

IF-Veteran Member

Jess.

Posted: 23 December 2009 at 6:58pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by debayon

well, technically they are natives of the country they were born in(their passport says so).....but they should identify themseleves as Indians because they are brown, are only 2nd generation and they are actually from India because  their parents were born there and they decided to come here. Had they decided to live there, they would have an Indian passport. Good question, BTWClap

LOL here in america no one identifies themselves as "Americans." Maybe to people outside of America we call ourselves Americans but not within America.

We all state our ethnicity...if someone asks me what i am, i say "indian" and that goes for everyone. White people identify themselves as white and black people identify themself as black, etc.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top