Page 1
Page   of 6
Page 2 Page 6

krystal_watz

IF-Rockerz

krystal_watz

Posted: 27 November 2009 at 11:27pm | IP Logged
hey people im back wid a bang....i have a new question for the day:

do u think second-generation NRIs...or the children of people brought up in foreign countries should identify themselves as indian or that nationality where they r from???

i am a regular on this I-F .and it surprises me to see how many people we have from foreign countries on the serial discussion forums!!!! i have often wondered: why do these people bother about indian serials so much in the US or UK..........they r brought up there....they have learned to identify themselves as american/ british from birth..........then why this craze regarding indian serials which portray a lifestyle which those NRIs most possibly wont be able to even identify with???????/  this is something that has always boggled my mind when i came to if.

so my question is: do PIA (People of Indian Origin) identify themselves as indians or otherwise when asked?????

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "do u think second-generation indians should ???/" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Midnight_Shade

IF-Dazzler

Posted: 28 November 2009 at 1:52am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

krystal_watz

jettythegod

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 28 November 2009 at 2:06am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 28 November 2009 at 5:44am | IP Logged

Non Reacting Indians!!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

nisha80

hindu4lyf

IF-Rockerz

hindu4lyf

Posted: 28 November 2009 at 7:46am | IP Logged
Well every time I apply for a job, or apply to a university or whatever form I have to fill out, I always have to tick the British Asian-Indian box.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Fair-n-luvlybaz786nisha80

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 28 November 2009 at 10:16am | IP Logged
As a citizen, I am a citizen of the United States of America. I am proud to be an American.Ethnically, I am an Indian and I will forever be desi. Although it really bothers me that forms have Asian/Pacific Islander or Middle Eastern. Its high time they added subcontinental.As a person, I am just a midwestern hick. So there really are no conflicts over traditional values and culture. I'm neither first nor second generation Indian. I am from the 1/2 generation.

Either way, nowadays I could care less about ethnic or national identity. Pray tell me how hard is it for a person of any generation to learn grammar, punctuation and coherence?

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Midnight_ShadeJess.

MeghaSRKLover

IF-Sizzlerz

MeghaSRKLover

Posted: 28 November 2009 at 2:59pm | IP Logged
I was born and brought up in UK and i have to say i would not give up living here to live in india if given the chance but i love our indian culture, i love bolly movies (SRK!!!!!!!!!!Day Dreaming) and indian serials....well some indian serials (most of them i find typical saas-bahu nonsense and love triangles)

and i identify myself as a British-Asian, not fully British LOL

MeghaSRKLover

IF-Sizzlerz

MeghaSRKLover

Posted: 28 November 2009 at 3:00pm | IP Logged
btw. great question Thumbs Up and i loved reading everyones view (sorry if i said anything wrong in mine)

Post Reply New Post

Go to top