Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

chhilt

IF-Rockerz

chhilt

Posted: 27 November 2009 at 2:23pm | IP Logged

HEY GUYS!

Since we have brought back our Character of the Month activities, it was essential to bring back another important thing.... that's right, I'm talking about the....

SAYING OF THE MONTH

Since the Character of the Month is none other than Draco Malfoy, here's a quote from him...

"But I haven't told Snape what I've been doing in the Room of Requirement, he's going to wake up tomorrow and it'll all be over and he won't be the Dark Lord's favourite anymore, he'll be nothing compared to me, nothing!"

Taken from HBP Chapter Twenty Seven 

- Do you think Draco was right to do what he did? Or should he have known that evil doesn't lead to anything good?

- Do you think that he truly believed it when he said that to Dumbledore? Or did he know, deep down, that it wasn't true?

- What do you think are the odds of Draco being a much better person if he hadn't had pureblood parents?

- Do you think Draco can be called a bad person? Or is he merely someone who is deeply under his parents' influence?

- Any extra comments are always welcome :)

- HP Dev. Team

Edited by chhilt - 27 November 2009 at 2:24pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

shellytt_Ashy_..Labyrinth..cityoflights..RamKiJanaki..

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Saying of the Month... Draco Malfoy!" in Harry Potter forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 27 November 2009 at 2:39pm | IP Logged
- Do you think Draco was right to do what he did? Or should he have known that evil doesn't lead to anything good? Well, I don't think he was right of course, but neither does the full blame go to him. He was a mere teenage boy who, due to his unfortunate position as the Malfoys' only son, had a huge responsibility thrust upon him by Voldemort, which was really a death sentence in disguise as Dumbledore explained to Snape. Yeah, he was old enough to know what was right and wrong, but I can understand that he acted out of fear too. Fear can make people do many things, and in the end, Draco was unable to kill Dumbledore so we know that even fear couldn't make him kill someone else.

- Do you think that he truly believed it when he said that to Dumbledore? Or did he know, deep down, that it wasn't true? No, I don't think so. I think the words he spoke to Dumbledore were said to cover up his own fear and instead make Dumbledore scared. Actually, I think he wanted to convince himself more than anyone, because he knew deep down he couldn't kill.

- What do you think are the odds of Draco being a much better person if he hadn't had pureblood parents? Very good chance; let's he'd been born to someone like the Potters or Weasleys...or the Longbottoms or Abbotts even, I think he'd have been a decent liberal minded person. Most of his prejudice (acutally, all in my opinion) came from the bad influence of his parents and friends. With better company, he'd have been a nobler person.

- Do you think Draco can be called a bad person? Or is he merely someone who is deeply under his parents' influence? Definitely not; the fact itself that he had hesitated to kill Dumbledore - that he just couldn't do it - prooves that he was not evil or had bad intentions like his father. He was just a teenage boy led astray by his parents. Also, in the epilogue, it seemed as if his and Harry's enmity lessened considerably to mere indifference, which I think could have been caused by the fact that he'd move away from his parents after the Final Battle once he got his own job and be under their influence less, experience working with all sorts of people, and grow out of his old prejudices.

Nice questions Chhilt!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

..Labyrinth..chhilt

shona.

IF-Rockerz

shona.

Posted: 02 December 2009 at 9:53am | IP Logged
- Do you think Draco was right to do what he did? Or should he have known that evil doesn't lead to anything good?
he was bought up with evil all around...having a father and aunts and uncles who are Death Eaters and telling him from a very young age that the dark side is the right side it was natural for him to agree with them but i think deep down he knew evil would never win

- Do you think that he truly believed it when he said that to Dumbledore? Or did he know, deep down, that it wasn't true?
no i dont think he believed what he said at the top of the tower...he knew that he wouldnt be ale to kill even if his victim was weakened and cornered

- What do you think are the odds of Draco being a much better person if he hadn't had pureblood parents?
he would have been a better person then and definately would not agree with all the pureblood mania his parents believe in but i think he would still have been arrogant

- Do you think Draco can be called a bad person? Or is he merely someone who is deeply under his parents' influence?
i dont think he was really a bad person...he was strongly influenced by his parents...he doesnt kill which his father probably did which kinda shows he wasnt bad and he shows grief at the death of his best friend even though it was shown throughtout the series taht he doesnt really treat Crabbe as an equal

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

..Labyrinth..chhilt

missindia26

IF-Rockerz

missindia26

Posted: 02 December 2009 at 11:35am | IP Logged
- Do you think Draco was right to do what he did? Or should he have known that evil doesn't lead to anything good? He definitely wasn't right but he was acting out of a mixture of fear, a want for pride and recognition, and from prejudice because of the way he was brought up

- Do you think that he truly believed it when he said that to Dumbledore? Or did he know, deep down, that it wasn't true? No, he was just trying to cover up his own fear and prove to Dumbledore that he could kll him

- What do you think are the odds of Draco being a much better person if he hadn't had pureblood parents? Very high, he would have been less superior and more free-thinking

- Do you think Draco can be called a bad person? Or is he merely someone who is deeply under his parents' influence? I would definitely call him evil, as he would have never killed, and he had other good points such as love for his famil, however mainly due to his parents influence he was too arrogant and mean

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

chhilt

cityoflights

IF-Veteran Member

cityoflights

Posted: 06 December 2009 at 11:09am | IP Logged
- Do you think Draco was right to do what he did? Or should he have known that evil doesn't lead to anything good? I think he was really under a lot of pressure from his parents. If he had been born to a different family, without so many dark connections, his decisions would have been easier to make. So I think he wasn't right, but it wasn't entirely his fault.

- What do you think are the odds of Draco being a much better person if he hadn't had pureblood parents? He probably would have been a much better person, without the influence of his father..

- Do you think Draco can be called a bad person? Or is he merely someone who is deeply under his parents' influence? I never thought he was cruel. A little mean spirited. He has lots of good points too, like loving his close ones and him not being able to kill Dumbledore. He's probably a softy at heart. LOL

Don't kill me for being late chhilt! LOL

chhilt

chhilt

IF-Rockerz

chhilt

Posted: 07 December 2009 at 7:28pm | IP Logged

^^ Your life has been spared... LOL :P

cityoflights

IF-Veteran Member

cityoflights

Posted: 07 December 2009 at 8:00pm | IP Logged
^ Thank goodness! :D

chhilt

cezzurockz

IF-Dazzler

cezzurockz

Posted: 12 December 2009 at 2:08pm | IP Logged
"Harry Potter has a girlfrnd" :)
(HP n the chamber of secrets)
Draco, in my opinion wasnt a bad person its just he was under his parents influence esp his father n if he born half blood or muggle born than may b he wud b a much better person thn he ws as draco malfoy the pure blood. He jus believe that to b a pure blood is really smthg outrageous. He wasnt really a death eater n he even didnt wnt to becum one (although he fantise their dark magic) he didnt want to kill dumbledore he ws scared damn scared and may be did all that just to save his father.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top