Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

petticoat

IF-Stunnerz

petticoat

Posted: 27 November 2009 at 1:00am | IP Logged
Hmm I base it off daddy's and daughters I know..including my dad.. my story lacks characters...but it is the way i love it...uncomplicated and heartwarming..atleast for me..it is so

without any further nonsense... here it goes..and yea..I didnt bother to proof read..so forgive all errors

TINA AND HER DADDY!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tina was 10 and as per the customary Saturday morning routine, walked up to her dad after her bath sat near his foot and dumped the dry towel at her dad's lap. Her Dad picked the towel and started drying her hair. A  different way of father-daughter bonding but they loved it even though they would never admit it. TIna loved to act as if it was his fault that she had to wash her wiry hair and her dad loved to pretend as if he got annoyed when she did it every single time. Saturday mornings is when Dad decides to tell  her about his aspirations for her- On what HE wanted HER to be.

Family legends that were handed down at every yearly gathering seem to give her the idea that dad bought her a World map for her christening when she was 3 months old in an attempt to educate her. The legend also told her the sorry state of the map after it was handed to her- stomped, torn, scribbled and chewed on till no place could ever be identified on the map. Dads can go so annoyingly overboard!.

At 10, she was listening to her dad talk about his dreams on how he failed to get admissions to a medical school and how he wanted her to become the first doctor in the family and make him proud. It annoyed her to listen to it for the umpteenth time but it was her DADDA and she loved the head massage. After a hefty lunch, she went back to her room and did what she did best- DREAM. Too bad, the cruel world never pays people who dream. They had to WORK in huge buildings which looked like a pile of match boxes and not talk to each other-what a bore! She dreamed of boys who had cooties, she dreamed of being an officer. Her dreams were different each day- one day she was a police officer, the next day she was a salsa dancer and yet another day she was the wrestler on crazy shows where people jump all over one another and tear each others clothes. Then it was time to stop dreaming.

Monday, it was school time again. The quintessential girl she was, Tina loved to please everybody. She loved to please her teachers and friends and always was in time for her work. She did not really work because she wanted to, she worked because it made her happy and her teachers happy. For her classmates, she was the angel among earthlings! She was happy being the 5th ranked student in the class but her dad was not. So it was time to work for daddy's feelings to be made better. In a year, she was the topper and daddy's smile made her smile.

Years passed, she grew older, Puberty struck but routines never changed. Dad still dried her hair for her, she continued to have her Saturday special futurisitic dreams- the content varied though. Now 16, Tina's dreams were the quintessential sweetheart's dreams- dress like a diva get the world's best boy- He is well built,  plays a guitar,  sings for her without looking effeminate,  is funny and most important is a ONE-woman Man and is extremely loyal- Product of the dreams indeed! "A girl can dream", she thought to herself and shut her eyes to continue her dream- he sometimes looked like Leonardo di caprio and some other times like aamir khan based on whose movies she had seen last. Sometimes he even resembled some vague football stars and the guys in romance novels. Her hero was different unlike those of her friends- he was not real and she was happy the way she was. Her dad was happy with her unreal hero too! He was determined to keep his favourite little girl as late as possible! His little angel was already showing dangerous curves that the society does not react well to but he was proud of her. Her niceties were so popular, that even the worst of the devils loved her a little too much in a sister-ly way. Whatever the curse of the SISTERHOOD was , he could not understand but he was really happy about it.

In two years, it was time to choose her college and courses. She started writing things down- WHAT did she want to be? After all the mindboggling confusions between finding the cure for cancer and refereeing mens football worldcup, she decided to do what she thought she might  love- Painting. Tina ran out of her room to her dad, as usual, to tell him her decision. There he was, sitting with his glasses on, hair looking more salty than pepper with a serious look poring over all the med school applications. Dad was working for her, like  he worked all 18 years of her life- FOR TINA, her selfless dad always teared up tina-her dad would forget to buy a shirt for himself for his birthday but would go all the way and hunt down a zillion dresses to get her that perfect metallic blue ghagra. She didn't mind being called sentimental- her dad was important. She decided she was going to sideline her goals as stupid as it sounds and enrolled in med school.

Over the years in med school, she suffered and cursed herself for getting such an awesome father for whom no sacrifices seem great. Her dad was her hero. If only he was mean to her, she wouldn't mind hurting his feelings probably but her dad was her dad! For a 23 year old doctor, having her dad as a hero and being single might not mean a lot-especially when the girl is dreamy! Some things never change and these things include several items apart from the world's greatest comfort food-chocolates. The Saturday routines continued. Her dad still had dreams for her- he wanted her to specialize, he wanted her to get married and he wanted grandchildren. Tina still got annoyed- but it was her daddy! She still had her dreams! The hero was  now a more mature and suave gentleman who understood her. Six pack lost its prominence in her list through the times. Now it was all about finding a "nice " man!

Tina realized, it was not bad afterall. She was the valedictorian of her class. She wasn't another Juno or a jilted school girl. She had a sparkling resume in her hands. Most important of all, She was everybody's darling- Maybe it was God's blessing to this beautiful girl with a heart of Gold, People fell over their feet trying to help her. She also  realized her dreams of being an artist. It didn't have to be professional, she still painted and the neighbourhood personalized classes were as good as she wanted it to be. Life was good! Except, her romantic hero was still missing in her life!

There will be many many more Saturdays. Perhaps the dreams would continue a few more years till she is able to fixate her man and give him ONE FACE that doesn't change. Dad has always done what finally works out for his daughter. Dad knows best. Maybe in a few years, she might be able to find her guy and bring him to her dad for approval or maybe her dad will tell her about her hero on a Saturday!

Life has a way of working out! Tina will never grow up! She was and will always be her Daddy's favourite daughter. Nothing will change that! Giving her dad a peck on his cheek after another random dream, Tina ran into the yard. She was going to bike through the nearby park. Who knows what surprise an inconsequential trip to the park might hold!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

aish_punk-KingAragorn-spiritcrimsonaj_observer

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Daddy's darling forever" in Writers Corner forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

psycho_angel

IF-Dazzler

psycho_angel

Posted: 27 November 2009 at 1:27am | IP Logged
wow!Caro..u really have a good sense of concept...it looks like a page straight out of every teenaged girls life..the map part reminds me...my Dad had given me 10 bucks as pocket mone when i was a 5 year old..and had explained that if i save up,the money would multiply....as much a s a 5 year old's brain would go overdrive,mine did...next day i was disappointed to see the same 10 rupee note in my piggy bank[i was hoping it had multiplied overnightROFL..so my precocious friend suggested i needed to plant money seeds and water them for a money plant to grow..guess what i did??tore the 10 rupee note into million pieces ,planted the pieces in different parts of the garden and religiously watered them everydayROFLROFLROFL

and the dream about the girl wanting to be a painter but ending up in med school...sounds soooo true...but i guess her Dad was right about certain things...after all he did want his daughter to have a good life...and dreams can always be worked on later...isnt it?

petticoat

IF-Stunnerz

petticoat

Posted: 27 November 2009 at 1:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mjhtac

wow!Caro..u really have a good sense of concept...it looks like a page straight out of every teenaged girls life..the map part reminds me...my Dad had given me 10 bucks as pocket mone when i was a 5 year old..and had explained that if i save up,the money would multiply....as much a s a 5 year old's brain would go overdrive,mine did...next day i was disappointed to see the same 10 rupee note in my piggy bank[i was hoping it had multiplied overnightROFL..so my precocious friend suggested i needed to plant money seeds and water them for a money plant to grow..guess what i did??tore the 10 rupee note into million pieces ,planted the pieces in different parts of the garden and religiously watered them everydayROFLROFLROFL

and the dream about the girl wanting to be a painter but ending up in med school...sounds soooo true...but i guess her Dad was right about certain things...after all he did want his daughter to have a good life...and dreams can always be worked on later...isnt it?

umm i guess all of us have received all overzealous gifts from our parentsLOL

a million pieces of 10 rupee notesLOL did ur dad knw it..

i got my hair cut "fashionably"...when i was 5 years old by a 7 yr old girlLOLneedless to say what happened later

daddys rock! I always wanted to be a linguist...and here I am!Big smile

so it did make sense !!! yay!! i thought i failed miserably here

psycho_angel

IF-Dazzler

psycho_angel

Posted: 27 November 2009 at 1:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by carolinecj

well i did ask him a while later why the plants weren't growing and "multiplying"?he decided never to give me pocket money again..not until i understood the value at leastLOL

i got my hair cut "fashionably"...when i was 5 years old by a 7 yr old girlLOLneedless to say what happened later
and how did you even look????wait dont answer thatLOL

at least being a linguist is still sane ...i wanted to be an ice-cream vendor...ROFLROFLROFL

spiritcrimson

IF-Sizzlerz

spiritcrimson

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 27 November 2009 at 1:46am | IP Logged
reservedd...

Edited:

Caro, this was amazing. I absolutely loved it. And could totally relate to it, especially me being a teenager. I am such a daddy's girl. I'm closer to my dad than anyone else. And the part, where he'd forget to buy himself a new shirt on his birthday, but would go all the way to get her her blue ghaghra. My dad does the exact same. He does every little thing for me. It's really a very sweet one shot. I could so relate to Tina. I;m just like her. It was brilliant. Simply brilliant. Do write more and do continue to pm me  :)

Edited by utfracks - 27 November 2009 at 1:58am

petticoat

IF-Stunnerz

petticoat

Posted: 28 November 2009 at 1:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by utfracks

reservedd...

Edited:

Caro, this was amazing. I absolutely loved it. And could totally relate to it, especially me being a teenager. I am such a daddy's girl. I'm closer to my dad than anyone else. And the part, where he'd forget to buy himself a new shirt on his birthday, but would go all the way to get her her blue ghaghra. My dad does the exact same. He does every little thing for me. It's really a very sweet one shot. I could so relate to Tina. I;m just like her. It was brilliant. Simply brilliant. Do write more and do continue to pm me  :)

yea i have to get dresses for my dads birthday coz he forgets :) sure will pm u!! i m closer to mom and dad... dad cant go two days without hearing my voice :)

sure will pm u Smile

petticoat

IF-Stunnerz

petticoat

Posted: 28 November 2009 at 1:11pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by mjhtac

well i did ask him a while later why the plants weren't growing and "multiplying"?he decided never to give me pocket money again..not until i understood the value at leastLOL

and how did you even look????wait dont answer thatLOL

at least being a linguist is still sane ...i wanted to be an ice-cream vendor...ROFLROFLROFL

my hair did not look like hair..it looked that something that is right from a hens nestLOLLOL

my 2 nephews wanted to be a cook, vegetable vendors and car mechanics the last time i saw themLOLLOL

aish_punk

IF-Sizzlerz

aish_punk

Posted: 29 November 2009 at 5:22am | IP Logged
hey caro..this is a damn sweet story..

Tina is so close to her dad..he is so nice to her..that he wont even allow her to miss her mom..am assuming she's not with them..

she wanted to do painting, but her dad wanted her in med school..n she agreed..am glad she did..sometimes its more imp to do that than think about what u want..

n now she is pretty happy with her life..except she dusnt have a nice guy..i hope she will find one soon :)

update soon

-aish

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

petticoat

Post Reply New Post

Go to top