Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

buttercup

IF-Veteran Member

buttercup

Posted: 14 November 2005 at 5:25am | IP Logged

Rajiv Khandelwal tours country on an AIDS awareness campaign

Former Sujal aka Rajeev Khandelwal is busy using his celebrity status to propagate causes he believes in. He was in Agra to promote the use of condoms. And now he goes to Patna in December for the same. "It's been organised by US AID. If all goes well I'll be in Patna in the beginning of December. The only problem is how do I put forward the message in Hindi? English will be useless in the cow belt."

This TV star says he enjoys doing live shows. "It is very humbling. A lady called me from Goa, telling me she prays for me each time she goes to church. I wonder what I've done to deserve this kind of love!" 

Rajiv is considered arrogant and opinionated. To this he says,"I don't know why I'm considered highhanded. Those who know me don't despise me.  Probably these rumours have to do with the insecurities of the rumour-mongers. "

He's surprisingly honest about his rift with Ekta Kapoor and says, "Her ideas on how to play Sujal didn't jell with me. I could've worked with Balaji Telefilms for ten more years. But the liberties being taken with logistics in my characterization were unbearable for me. I was being watched minutely by viewers.When I'd go abroad as Sujal I'd be mobbed far more intensely than so many film stars. Women threw jewellery at me. Did I have the right to enjoy Sujal's stardom when I was no longer enjoying playing him?"

Not that Rajiv is putting the sensation caused by Sujal behind him and says, "I won't be modest. I know how popular Sujal was. Aamna Shariff and I made a good pair. We've been offered a number of films together. But it has to be something worthwhile." He adds further, "Right now, I'm taking a month's sabbatical.I want to break the rules. I've enough money to survive comfortably for six months."

His new crime thriller Time Bomb is a let down. Rajiv tries to be discreet, saying, "I won't be dishonest. I did my best on the serial. And it did succeed in getting me out the chcocolate-box image. But yes, I had certain expectations. And I got to work with awesome people."

Given that Khandelwal has no shows where plays the lead, the actor says he is clueless about about his future plans,"I'm doing a cameo in Sony's CID. I'll hold back as long as I can. Unfortunately the TV industry and I, both need to grow a lot more."

Rajiv laughs off the rumours about him and his Kahiin To Hoga co-star Aamna Shariff. "We both enjoy these rumours. In fact, we add spice to them by going for events together as a couple. Marriage is not on the cards for a long time. It can happen any time. My younger brother recently married out of the blue. It may happen to me

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Out-of-work 'Sujal' sells condoms!" in CID forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

princess1

IF-Rockerz

princess1

Posted: 14 November 2005 at 7:13am | IP Logged
Hai..this subhash k zha is Kekta's mad reporter...
So don't read this artcle... Angry

Love u Rajeev

Love u Rajeev

Posted: 14 November 2005 at 7:27am | IP Logged
Angry Ya Princi u r right Embarrassed ,Hey Princi I m going 2 killing EktaAngry Angry   Angry ,common join me LOL LOL Pechey mat hatna ok Embarrassed Wink.
Thanx buttercup 4 d article Clap .Kas me yahan hoti Cry .
Riya Big smile

kaleidoscope

IF-Veteran Member

kaleidoscope

Posted: 14 November 2005 at 7:37am | IP Logged
OH God and thought something completely else when i first read the headings LOL

Hey he is doing great....

Should appreciate it Clap

Bhaskar.T

IF-Sizzlerz

Bhaskar.T

Retro Podcast Team

Posted: 14 November 2005 at 8:13am | IP Logged
Choco same happened to me in the KTH forum when I first logged in and saw the topic. I was at first shocked. Then opened the topic and read it.

And you know what was my first emotion.... no pride for Rajeev or anything. Just laughter. I laughed a lot for a long time.......

OodlesDoodles

IF-Veteran Member

OodlesDoodles

Posted: 14 November 2005 at 8:41am | IP Logged
Oh guys this topic seems to be so misleading for a topic like this. Is this the title the article had. If so thats sad as people get different ideas when they see the topic. This is for a noble cause and I think they did not have to have such a topic to catch attentionThis is for a good cause so its good to hear Rajeev is helping out during his down time and not sulking like those who would have if they were put in this situation

buttercup

IF-Veteran Member

buttercup

Posted: 14 November 2005 at 8:53am | IP Logged
yeap that was the title on the original article

Shakstar

IF-Rockerz

Shakstar

Posted: 14 November 2005 at 9:26am | IP Logged
thnx 4 d article!!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top