Celebrity Fan Clubs

~*AkkiKat aka Akshay Kumar & Katrina Kaif Heaven*~ (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 74

-Divyaa-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Divyaa-

Posted: 27 November 2009 at 2:18am | IP Logged
"No one is anybody's friend in the industry" - Akshay Kumar
De Dana Dan releases today and Akshay Kumar is happy to talk about a variety of topics revolving around him, his work and his personal life. Whether it is his superstar status, under performance of Blue, friends in the industry, the games people play, the Friday suspense, diplomatic stands, detractors - Akshay talks about all of this and a lot more in a candid conversation with us.     

Buzz up!
Even though Blue and Kambakkht Ishq took a very good opening, there have been questions around your superstar status. Doesn't that bother you?
There will always be questions around my 'Super Star' status. This honour/ label doesn't come with a box of marshmallows and a trophy; this label comes with a few slaps from some rotten fish and a dead mouse in your bed nearly every Friday.

It is said that the barometer of star popularity is if he can get an opening. After that it is up to the film to perform. Can one expect a similar trend for De Dana Dan as well?
Yes, it is my job to bring in the crowds and leave the rest to the magic of the movie. Those who don't like my work can feel free to have an issue with it. That's the way I would learn. I am forever indebted to those who appreciate my effort. And lastly, those who couldn't care whether I dropped off the face of this earth, well, I will keep trying for your praise one day.

Talking about opening, Blue took a very good start when it released this Diwali. In fact it was one of the best ever. However, by your own high standards, it underperformed. Have you tried analyzing the reason?
Oh, I could analyze the movie until the cows come home. No movie is perfect, even the best ones for that matter. I know what could have been better and I know what to work on but as of now, that's between the director and his actor. To my high standards it was Bollywood's best attempt at an underwater adventure and no one can take that away from the film. The rest, I agree, is questionable, but that entirely depends upon whether you are the type to walk into a theatre and rip movies apart for the sake of it. Or whether you just like to enjoy good cinema!     

Meanwhile, you don't seem to be having too many friends in the industry though. It seems like they are waiting for a movie of yours to crash so that they can attack you. Any thoughts?
Let's be cognizant of the fact that no one is anybody's friend in this industry. It's impossible actually, and everyone knows it. People befriend people to get somewhere in life. This is not a dig, it's purely human nature. "I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine, now come over for dinner while I charm you and your wife" - this is how every industry works.

You don't seem to be holding back...
I know what I am saying is harsh but then if you ask me a blunt question, I can only give a blunt answer. I wasn't brought up with politician blood in me, I am peas and carrots. Do not get me wrong. No doubt people have immense respect for each other in this industry. It's actually very humbling to witness it. It's just that I hold my dearest friends very high in my life and I don't like the word being thrown around like a ping pong ball.     

How about the attacks on you?
As for attacking me, no one could ever hurt me. Words are words, opinions are opinions and life goes on. Centuries back, we were convinced that the world was flat! It's up to the people who and what do they listen to. You just have to stay calm and remember that your family loves you and that's all we ever need.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-prabz-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "~*AkkiKat aka Akshay Kumar & Katrina Kaif Heaven*~ (Page 5)" in Celebrity Fan Clubs forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-prabz-

IF-Sizzlerz

-prabz-

Posted: 27 November 2009 at 4:36am | IP Logged
thanks divs for all the articles!

-Divyaa-

-Divyaa-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Divyaa-

Posted: 27 November 2009 at 4:39am | IP Logged
ur welcome n guess what i saw article on lady gaga on newspaper today lols she dresses up so badly LMAO she's nothing like kat just this pic that resembles kat a lot

-prabz-

-Divyaa-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Divyaa-

Posted: 27 November 2009 at 4:45am | IP Logged
De Dana Dan Special Screening akki looks great!
http://www.filmfare.com/articles/de-dana-dan-special-screening-238.html

-prabz-

-prabz-

IF-Sizzlerz

-prabz-

Posted: 27 November 2009 at 4:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by divyalrl

ur welcome n guess what i saw article on lady gaga on newspaper today lols she dresses up so badly LMAO she's nothing like kat just this pic that resembles kat a lot
lool! u see what crystall was talking about lol she dresses upp relli badly!Big smile but her music is really good!
btw- sorry about late reply my computer went dead

-prabz-

IF-Sizzlerz

-prabz-

Posted: 27 November 2009 at 4:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by divyalrl

De Dana Dan Special Screening akki looks great!
http://www.filmfare.com/articles/de-dana-dan-special-screening-238.html
OMG! totallly agreeee akki lookssShocked GOOOD!Embarrassed

-Divyaa-

-prabz-

IF-Sizzlerz

-prabz-

Posted: 27 November 2009 at 5:25am | IP Logged

Movie Review : De Dana Dan

De Dana Dan
Director :
Music :

Lyrics :

Starring :
 Priyadarshan
 Pritam Chakraborty and RDB
 Sayeed Quadri, Irshad Kaamil, Sameer, Ashish Pandit
 Akshay Kumar, Katrina Kaif, Sunil Shetty, Paresh Rawal, Neha Dhupia, Sameera Reddy and Archana Puran Singh

De Dana Dan Movie Review

November 27, 2009 2:28:56 PM IST
By Martin D'Souza, Bollywood Trade News Network

view DE DANA DAN movie stills

view DE DANA DAN movie stills

Priyadarshan is in roaring form. After a jerky start, he goes full throttle to amuse, tickle and literally get you to have a blast in DE DANA DAN shot entirely in Singapore. There's nothing Einsteinique in the script and the plot revolves around a kidnapping gone wrong and a case of mistaken identities. The kidnappers, Suniel Shetty and Akshay Kumar need the money to start life anew with their respective girlfriends, Sameera Reddy and Katrina Kaif. Even the dog in his memsaab's house is better looked after than he. So Akshay, who is saddled with a job as driver-cum- man Friday of Archana Puran Singh, is at his wits ends trying to please her. He is stuck for life at this job because his father, who died suddenly, had taken a loan to pay for his education. He now has to work to repay the loan his father had taken.

Paresh Rawal is a conman who borrows money from one, to return to another. Chasing him is a cop. Tinnu Anand is against his daughter's relationship with Akshay, while Sameera's dad is conned into getting her married to Paresh's son. There's also Shakti Kapoor, who is on a marrying spree; Neha Dhupia, who is his latest fancy and Johnny Lever, Rajpal Yadav and Asrani plot together to up the laugh quotient.

The comedy is purely situational and there are several such situations that have you in splits. In one scene, Rajpal Yadav who plays a waiter, is shown tasting the alcohol in the glasses and topping it by eating a few snacks before giving it to a guest. A riot. Another has Johnny Lever piling up people on a bed after snuffing them out with Chloroform. Hilarious.

The end scene is purely original. So much water has never been used even in the Titanic!

Don't ask for any logic or reasoning. The situations are purely coincidental guaranteed to give you a laugh. If the film does well in the first week, Priyadarshan should consider chopping off a good 20 minutes! 

-Divyaa-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Divyaa-

Posted: 27 November 2009 at 5:28am | IP Logged
i posted all the reviews in the bolly forums yaar ! check it out

-prabz-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top