Debate Mansion

Laptop vs. desktop- Which changes your life ??? (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 4

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 4
Page 4 Page 4

baz786

IF-Sizzlerz

baz786

Posted: 27 November 2009 at 6:20pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by the_Naked_face

Laptop anyday, everyday.

Its light, you can take it everywhere with you including the bathroom...its my little baby!! i cant live without my lappy!!!...and i hate it when my baby gets the virus and becomes all sick, makes me more sick!.

Desktop is orite too...in office i would perhaps prefer a desktop...laptop can be my husband whereas desktop my boyfriend....now which one means more to me, or what i value more its tad obvious.

Xoxo

ROA

@bolded what a hilliarious analogy LOL

for me laptop, i cudn't do without i use it all the time, for work n leisure
a desktop also has its place for me its main use is as storage for all the Gigs and Gigs of data although can be used just as well as a laptop without portable factor of course but in situations such as work or school for everday use laptop all the way

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Laptop vs. desktop- Which changes your life ??? (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 27 November 2009 at 8:40pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

baz786.DontKnow.

souro

souro

Posted: 27 November 2009 at 10:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by centurions89

A third drawback to the laptop craze is that in general, laptops are far more expensive than desktop systems. For the price of an average laptop, you could purchase a much more powerful desktop. Of course, what you are paying for is the portability of a smaller design, but is that worth it? While it can be very fun to take your computer with you on a camping trip, how often do you need to type something up while fishing?Tongue

Just as how often do people need to type something while fishing, I'd like to ask how often does normal people go fishing?? Most people go somewhere where they'll be staying at a proper hotel with an internet connection.
Coming to remote places with basic infrastructure and most prolly no internet, even then while scuba diving or on a safari people tend to carry their laptops. The reason is simple, you can either buy multiple memory cards for your camera or you can transfer your photos to your laptop and take a look at how they turned out and maybe even do some editing when you're sitting idle. Since on such trips there's nothing much to do at night, you won't believe how much people discuss on what they saw and then comparing their photos.
One more reason for favouring laptop is it's portability even within the house. You can sit with it on your bed or dining table and maybe even lie down while working on the laptop. With desktop there's only two options, you can either sit on a chair or you can forget about it.

Edited by souro - 27 November 2009 at 10:25pm

-Sneha

IF-Dazzler

-Sneha

Posted: 27 November 2009 at 10:53pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by the_Naked_face

Laptop anyday, everyday.

Its light, you can take it everywhere with you including the bathroom...its my little baby!! i cant live without my lappy!!!...and i hate it when my baby gets the virus and becomes all sick, makes me more sick!.

Desktop is orite too...in office i would perhaps prefer a desktop...laptop can be my husband whereas desktop my boyfriend....now which one means more to me, or what i value more its tad obvious.

Xoxo

TNF.... Hug How are you honey?... @ red: Tell me, you don't actually do this do you? LOLLOL

-Sneha

IF-Dazzler

-Sneha

Posted: 27 November 2009 at 10:58pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by PhoeniXof_Hades

Sneha, I did not reply to you yesterday 'cause I wanted you to think, and more, because I wanted you to go and watch all her films to get that scene out. LOL Just kidding. I am going to PM you the answer. Don't want to derail this thread anymore - though I really don't see if there's anything to discuss about the given subject, let alone debate.

Labib, I knew you'd come up with something like that! But I've seriously had no time. Went to school all day yesterday to pick up my results etc... So you can see am replying to this only now as well. Yeah, lets stop the spamming (is it? LOL) on this thread anymore. I'll wait for your PM and then GO and watch the movie as soon as possible, just because of that scene. Or else for Rani altogether! Big smileBig smile

Hmm, yeah well I don't know, I feel as long as I have a means of communication, I don't really mind a lot if its a desktop, laptop, notebook or whatever new stuff that comes around. I've never been a technology buff. At least for now since I don't really move around except holidays sometimes. So yeah, you are right there. Perhaps someday I could hope to be constantly flying at least for 2-3 years of my career and then maybe I shall think which suits me more etc... LOLLOL

WillSmith456

IF-Rockerz

WillSmith456

Posted: 27 November 2009 at 11:17pm | IP Logged
I just can't wait for next month to buy a HP Pavilion dv8t Quad Edition seriesTongue.o hh i am so excited as this laptop is super fast of all branded laptops in the whole world costing $1200Big smile

the_Naked_face

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 29 November 2009 at 11:48am | IP Logged

the_Naked_face

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 29 November 2009 at 11:50am | IP Logged

Post Reply New Post

Go to top