Laptop vs. desktop- Which changes your life ??? - Page 2

Posted: 14 years ago
Originally posted by PhoeniXof_Hades

Wow, did you find another Ajnu here? πŸ˜†

Looks like Rani is wearing Preity Zinta's clothes today... Perhaps that's why... πŸ˜†

πŸ˜†

Hm, you could say so. Not a sabbatical break, as I am and will be making guest appearances once in a while, adding some meaningless, nonsensical posts into the threads posted here. I will get back to my usual self after the mid of Jan.

Yeah right!!!!!!!!! 🀣

Wooo, mid Jan is a long time, but I'll wait for you then... 😳 πŸ˜†

What the heck! Are you serious? πŸ˜† And you are brave enough to say she is your favorite actress? πŸ˜† And no - this isn't from any C-graded film of hers. πŸ˜† Nope, I am not going to tell you that - got to figure that out yourself.

She is, but what happens is that I have a great memory of plot storyline or particular dialogues, but then, I've never ever been an addict, so I can never remember something unless I've watched it thousand times. And I seriously can't about this scene. Perhaps it comes from something like Saathiya. Now, you aren't going to make me watch the whole movie for one scene now are you? Pluuuurrrzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.... πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

But then, as far as I recall I loved Saathiya, so perhaps I may watch it then... πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Need  lots of money for both, cuz both are important to me and play a significant role in my life.

I have a laptop but Its too hot for my lap so I prefer desktops..
1st ,,I had desktop PC but now I'm having Laptop ..
and i feel more comfortable working on it ... can't live without My lapyπŸ˜ƒ
Sneha, I did not reply to you yesterday 'cause I wanted you to think, and more, because I wanted you to go and watch all her films to get that scene out. πŸ˜† Just kidding. I am going to PM you the answer. Don't want to derail this thread anymore - though I really don't see if there's anything to discuss about the given subject, let alone debate.
For me laptop . I cant live without my laptop.
Laptop anyday, everyday.

Its light, you can take it everywhere with you including the bathroom...its my little baby!! i cant live without my lappy!!!...and i hate it when my baby gets the virus and becomes all sick, makes me more sick!.

Desktop is orite too...in office i would perhaps prefer a desktop...laptop can be my husband whereas desktop my boyfriend....now which one means more to me, or what i value more its tad obvious.

Xoxo
Originally posted by the_Naked_face

Laptop anyday, everyday.

Its light, you can take it everywhere with you including the bathroom...its my little baby!! i cant live without my lappy!!!...and i hate it when my baby gets the virus and becomes all sick, makes me more sick!.

Desktop is orite too...in office i would perhaps prefer a desktop...laptop can be my husband whereas desktop my boyfriend....now which one means more to me, or what i value more its tad obvious.

Xoxo

ROA

@bolded what a hilliarious analogy πŸ˜†

for me laptop, i cudn't do without i use it all the time, for work n leisure
a desktop also has its place for me its main use is as storage for all the Gigs and Gigs of data although can be used just as well as a laptop without portable factor of course but in situations such as work or school for everday use laptop all the way

Laptop anyday, everyday.

Xoxo

Hey girl, shouldn't it be the other way around?  Desktop stays at ghar so gharwala laptop goes with you places - ghoomna phirna - so baaharwalaπŸ˜†  You may want to reassess the value if you agree with me hereπŸ˜†
Originally posted by centurions89

A third drawback to the laptop craze is that in general, laptops are far more expensive than desktop systems. For the price of an average laptop, you could purchase a much more powerful desktop. Of course, what you are paying for is the portability of a smaller design, but is that worth it? While it can be very fun to take your computer with you on a camping trip, how often do you need to type something up while fishing?πŸ˜›

Just as how often do people need to type something while fishing, I'd like to ask how often does normal people go fishing?? Most people go somewhere where they'll be staying at a proper hotel with an internet connection.
Coming to remote places with basic infrastructure and most prolly no internet, even then while scuba diving or on a safari people tend to carry their laptops. The reason is simple, you can either buy multiple memory cards for your camera or you can transfer your photos to your laptop and take a look at how they turned out and maybe even do some editing when you're sitting idle. Since on such trips there's nothing much to do at night, you won't believe how much people discuss on what they saw and then comparing their photos.
One more reason for favouring laptop is it's portability even within the house. You can sit with it on your bed or dining table and maybe even lie down while working on the laptop. With desktop there's only two options, you can either sit on a chair or you can forget about it.

Edited by souro - 14 years ago

Laptop anyday, everyday.

Xoxo

TNF.... πŸ€— How are you honey?... @ red: Tell me, you don't actually do this do you? πŸ˜†πŸ˜†