Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Gagan-06 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 14 years ago
To be honest being a Salman Khan fan, I wasn't really looking forward to Veer. πŸ€”  I am not sure why I felt that way, but just wanted the best for him in any case. Assumptions *sigh lolz

I had seen the enthusiasm &  the belief that Sallu had for this film and now I know exactly why....

The theatrical trailor of Veer is absolutely Amazing!!! I am extremely happy to see such a phenomenol trailor. Yes indeed Salman is at his best.
I eat my words... and I am absolutely looking forward to this film. I hope it wont disappoint me.

An Excited Salman Khan Fan!

Edited by Gaganjot.S - 14 years ago
-Preeti- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Actually i too thought that this would b one of those periodic movie ... loooooong enough to actually bore me ... but i must say that the theatrical promo has just increased my curiosity to watch this movie the day it comes
And Salman looks just brilliant .... i am much excited to watch this one.

All The Very Best SalmanπŸ‘πŸΌ
-Aladin- thumbnail
I'm sure Veer will rock.  Salman at his very best.  πŸ˜ƒ

People will always say there are certain inspirations from certain other movies.  I loved Anil Sharma's answer to that one in the press conference, LOL.

I think it will hold it's own.  If a movie is good, it will work, simple.  Salman has confidence in this movie and I have confidence on his confidence.  All the very best to him.  πŸ‘πŸΌ
rhea_6 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Salman Khan's solo act
Prithwish Ganguly & Soumyadipta Banerjee / DNA
Thursday, November 26, 2009 23:59 IST

Mumbai: Salman Khan showered his dad Salim with a surprise present on his birthday. The actor held a solo preview of his forthcoming movie Veer for his father on Wednesday night.

The actor organises a solo screening of his new film for his father; the last time he did something similar was 20 years ago.

Salim turned 74 on November 24. The last time Salim saw one of Salman's films all by himself was 20 years ago when he started his career with Maine Pyar Kiya.

Salim said, "He held a special screening for me. Neither do I see my sons' films nor do I ask them to show me their work because I don't like to intrude in their work. They should learn from their mistakes, but this time Salman told me that he wanted me to see the film. I have not seen any of his movies privately after Maine Pyar Kiya. It has been a long time and I felt really touched. However, I just saw assembled footage of the movie because the shooting is just over and the post-production work is yet to begin. I liked his work. I think the film has a great canvas."

Salman said, "Dad has liked the way it has turned out. He said beta shukar hain yeh film tune nahin banaya. I agree with him. I couldn't have done even 10 per cent of what (Anil) Sharma has done."

Salim had seen the script of the movie while Salman was writing it. "I had given him tips and told him about the loopholes. He plugged them brilliantly," said Salim.
Salman added, "I wanted to direct this film. I had written the script even before Suryavanshi (a 1992 movie starring Salman and Amrita Singh), which I had done with Vijay Kumar Galani (also the producer of Veer). We didn't make it then because I knew it would have a huge budget. But now that we have finally made it, I think we should have made it then because the budget, even by today's standards, has turned out to be very high (approx Rs50 crore)."

However, the script has changed a lot from what Salman had originally written. "We made those changes after some brainstorming. The dialogues have been made more contemporary though it's a period film. But I am happy the way it has shaped up," said Salman.

In the scripting stages, Salman had thought of casting Sanjay Dutt for the role. "If anybody could have replaced me in the film it would have definitely been Sanju. When I wrote the film I had actually thought of him playing my character," he said.

http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainment/report_salman-khan-s-solo-act_1316747
rhea_6 thumbnail

Promo of Salman Khan's Veer

Watch the action packed video
Here is a first look at the theatrical trailer of the movie Veer. The film, set in 1875, stars Salman Khan, who plays a fearless warrior from the Pindhari clan.

The film has newcomer
Zarine Khan paired opposite Salman, and one can't miss the striking similarity between Zarine and Katrina Kaif.

Have a look at the action packed trailer:

The story for Veer has been penned by Salman himself, who calls 'Veer' his dream project and tells of how he wrote the story way back in 1990 while he was working on his film 'Baaghi'.

The big budget movie is directed by Anil Sharma and produced by Vijay Galani.

The movie is set for release on January 22, 2010.
http://www.apunkachoice.com/content/article/sid1141-promo_of_salman_khans_veer/
I like how the first part of the trailer seems so violent and merciless and the second part is so soft, tender and emotional πŸ˜›πŸ˜›πŸ˜› I like this trailer and the new avatar of Salman suits him a lot. A challenging role...

It does look like a good mix of Ben-Hur/Gladiator/Alexander/Lawrence of Arabi/Gangs of New-York/Around the world in eighty days/The story of the Jungle/The secret of the Flying Daggers/Hero/Dhoom2(the train)/Veer and Zaara.../The curse of the golden flower

Yeah yeah guys I see all that I mean similar shots and cinematography...and some storyline..so I guess it may not be that orginal

1875...Why does he wear gladiator's outfits?
The part in Great Britain is really well shot and his co star is gorgeous!!!

I like History/Costume movies so I'll like it a lot......
I'm a bit intrigued by his co star, she has such a light in her face---she doesn't force herself to express deep and profund emotions!!!!
-Zarwulicious- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
yes the gal actually luks like katrina
rhea_6 thumbnail
Originally posted by: lalixlili

I like how the first part of the trailer seems so violent and merciless and the second part is so soft, tender and emotional πŸ˜›πŸ˜›πŸ˜› I like this trailer and the new avatar of Salman suits him a lot. A challenging role...

It does look like a good mix of Ben-Hur/Gladiator/Alexander/Lawrence of Arabi/Gangs of New-York/Around the world in eighty days/The story of the Jungle/The secret of the Flying Daggers/Hero/Dhoom2(the train)/Veer and Zaara.../The curse of the golden flower

Yeah yeah guys I see all that I mean similar shots and cinematography...and some storyline..so I guess it may not be that orginal

1875...Why does he wear gladiator's outfits?
The part in Great Britain is really well shot and his co star is gorgeous!!!

I like History/Costume movies so I'll like it a lot......
I'm a bit intrigued by his co star, she has such a light in her face---she doesn't force herself to express deep and profund emotions!!!!

I loved ur in-depth analysis.😊