Glorious Honeymoon - Article

Posted: 14 years ago
LATAA & SANJEEV'S GLORIOUS HONEYMOON!
[23 Nov 2009]

"EVERY YEAR, WE WILL HAVE AT LEAST TWO HONEYMOONS; ONE WITH FAMILY, ONE WITHOUT THEM!"

Lataa Saberwal and Sanjeev Seth had a clandestine wedding ceremony this year in January. But they have been so busy shooting for their soap Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hain that the couple didn't even get time to go on their honeymoon. After almost 10 months, they finally managed to do so and they can't stop gushing about their experiences.

We spoke to an excited Lataa who said, "Sanjeev and I got married in January, but we took our honeymoon trip just three weeks back! Actually, we went on a short holiday immediately after our marriage to Goa. But that was very small, and the one this time was our 'longer' honeymoon. Since both of us are extremely fond of travelling, we had decided almost four months back to take this trip. We took leaves at that time itself from our production houses. We had to tell them way in advance, as in a daily, taking ten days off from work is a long time."

The couple wanted to explore different places. "I had never been to Kashmir and Leh Ladakh. These were some of the places we really wanted to visit. Basically, we wanted to go to some place, which was adventurous. Many a times, with family we cannot go to places like these. So the two of us had decided to try and cover all the adventurous places together."

She continues excitedly, "First we went to Kashmir, where we saw places like Gulmarg amongst many others. We were staying in a houseboat there and it was a lovely experience. They say Kashmir is like jannat; it really is heaven! We saw all the Mughal Gardens there and even visited the Pari Mahal.

We saw each and every place there. In fact, we went up a mountain, a place called Baisaran in Pahalgam, where there is no road and there are only rocky hills! I was screaming throughout the way as we rode on horses. When we reached the top of the mountain, there was this place called Mini Switzerland. It was really good. But the way to the top was very scary."

While they stayed in Kashmir for three days, the next three-four days they were in Leh Ladakh. "I must mention; it is a completely different world. It is a very rocky place but it is also very spiritual, because of the Buddhist culture. We saw some very interesting places there. We went to the highest motorable road in the world. It is above 18,000 feet. It is called the Khardungla Pass.

Then we went to this magnetic road. There is this hill called the Magnetic Hill in front of it and you just have to park your car there. You don't have to start the ignition but the hill will pull your car automatically and you have to just sit in it. I was clapping, as I couldn't believe that the car was moving on its own! And then we saw the Pangong Lake, which is very famous as 25 per cent of it is in India and the rest is in China. It has dark blue water which I have never seen before, not even in any swimming pool. We just couldn't believe it. We also visited a lot of Buddhist monasteries and saw how the monks live and pray there. Finally, our last stop was Delhi, where we had just a two-day stay."

Many people have this notion, that Kashmir is an unsafe place, due to the terror attacks. When asked if these thoughts ever crossed their mind, Lataa says, "Sanjeev and I believe in a different kind of thinking. If anything bad has to happen, it can happen anywhere, even at home. For example, who could have thought that the attacks could have happened at the Taj hotel in Mumbai?

That way, there is no safe place. We went for our honeymoon with a positive mind. In fact, the locals there treat the tourists so well and they were requesting us to tell people here that there is nothing to worry or fear about in Kashmir. Which is a fact, because we were in Kashmir during Eid and people were celebrating the festival like they would in any other place. They wanted us to spread the word."

If you are wondering why the couple chose to honeymoon at destinations in India, while mostly the norm is to explore some place outside the country, Lataa justifies their choice saying, "We want to explore India first; there is much to see in our country. Leh Ladakh itself is such a different place. We will definitely be going abroad, but with our family. Pehle apna pura India toh dekhle! We are very lucky to have seen these places. Even now I keep going through the pictures."

Before signing off, Lataa reveals naughtily, "Every year, we will have at least two honeymoons; one with family, one without them!"

*By Purvaja Sawant

http://www.magnamags.com/index.php/200911235269/showtime/features/lataa-sanjeev%92s-glorious-honeymoon.html
thanx for the article... arre rajshree behn apni beti k honeymoon k baare bhi kuc socho..aur apne samdhiyo ko samjhao...
Originally posted by beautiful16

thanx for the article... arre rajshree behn apni beti k honeymoon k baare bhi kuc socho..aur apne samdhiyo ko samjhao...

😆
thanks for sharing..
i thought it was article abt naksh HM and i got very exited.......😭
Originally posted by pinky35

thanks for sharing..

ya thought the same that hm for naksh but............. its to rajshree ben and vishambar

Originally posted by pari__saumya

ya thought the same that hm for naksh but............. its to rajshree ben and vishambar

rajshree and vish nahi  lata and sanjeev..
if it were rajshree and vish yrkkh ka improvement hota
Originally posted by pari__saumya

Me too.....but thread kholte hi sab pani pani ho gaya.......😭
thanks for sharing the article

it was like narrating the whole HM

Its good lata pointed out that Kashmir is a safe place & that when people read the article, this notion of it being unsafe can be reduced & people can go there.
Originally posted by pinky35

thanks for sharing..
pinky u know i also thought the same bt no😭
thanks for the article nice one..