Namz94 thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Hey, i know that spamming isnt allowed on IF, point taken.
But sometimes in situations, you are actually ina regualer chat with people, and coz of the amount of posts, the spamming message comes up.

I mean in appreciation threads, there can be over 10 people at the same time, so while chatting to so many people at the same time, when the spamming message comes up, it can be quite irratating. especially if the thread is moving at 2 pages per minute.

similarily when CC openers open CC's and reserve posts, it can get a bit frustrating, coz many CC's have a good witen and decorated front page, and reseved posts are needed before anyone else posts.

I duno if i made sense, but its been quite a problem fo me, especially in CC opening.

Is there anyway this messgae can be avoided in circumstances that are not spamming???
Edited by _Naima1994_ - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Mystery- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
The way it works I think is that it takes into the time and length of message.... So you can only post only a number of posts in a given time. 

It is to avoid spamming.  For example in some sections, people would just post "Thanks" or "TFS" on all topics without even at times reading them.  This really takes care of that problem.

I agree about the CC problem... The thread is going fast and keep getting that reply is a bit annoying.  But until we find a better way to deal with spamming, we have to stick with this one.

About Reserving posts, I think it's quite fine.  So you can come back and edit them in a few mins.  Or what I usually do is instead of a title in the title box I just put "Don't POST yet" or something like that so no one posts until I'm done with the page, and then I edit with the proper title.

-Mahi
Ishan. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
I agree , please remove it atleast for the Chat Clubs forum, coz it really makes chatting very difficult especially when there are a number of users !!! 😃
baz786 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
the spamming message needs to be removed for chat clubs

i like the way mahi does things by putting don't post yet in title

will stop folks from posting while u take ur time putting together new CC's
268143 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
i agree wif ths sumthn needs doin n yh if possible it shud b removed 4rm da CC section😛
nikita_88 thumbnail
I agree it needs to be removed from the CC section at least because if you are chatting on multiple CC's and also looking at other threads and replying you sometimes can't due to the spamming message.
kchaims thumbnail
i agree its kind of dfisturbing wen we r seriously posting sumthin
bt we cant blame for the msg either as many wil spam posting thanchyu and al
i think chat club is a section wer lot of spamming take place so removing the spaming message wil be like giving the spammers key to the spaming section .

so i think the spaming messages can turn up on small posts but it can exclude long posts [in CC section]

Arushi. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
yeah plese remove it for the CC's
vijay thumbnail
Thank you all for the suggestion. We would look into the same.

BTW just wanted bring to your attention that all the inactive locked chat topics will be deleted.

Cheers,
Vijay
baz786 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: vijay

Thank you all for the suggestion. We would look into the same.

BTW just wanted bring to your attention that all the inactive locked chat topics will be deleted.

Cheers,
Vijay

why

vijay plz don't do that

its nice to look back on old chat topics for purposes of nostalgia

even if they are inactive n locked

this really means IF taking a step back rather than forward

IF is a forum at some point all topics will be locked n that means deleted according to what ur saying plz don't take such a drastic step

at least ask the members if they wud like that

i know i wudnt, all the fond memories of new members joining gone coz the topics have been deleted

if that was to happen im not sure i wud come on IF as often

as alot of the time im here reading old topics, great fun topics from before i was a member

plz don't delete the locked topics