Page 3 of 3

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 3

hindu4lyf

IF-Rockerz

hindu4lyf

Posted: 28 November 2009 at 7:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by crazy_sunny

reason no.1 for going abroad to study is difficulty in getting admission to your choice field in india. capitation fees R too high. With that amt of money one can study abroad easily .Job prospects becum better

Hmm I wonder who gave you this info?ConfusedDo you know the fees international students have to pay here in the UK? FYI they pay 3-4 times the amount of what an average UK citizen would pay.Wink
Hell unis love international students, that's where they get all their from lol, but the competition is just as high as it is for a UK student if not more. To get in to a decent uni in the UK, one that is actually known well back home is veryyy difficult! The IB score system is very competitive and very tough for students to get great grades to come to unis like UCL, LSE etc. (who have one of the highest international students rates-majority are from china and indiaWink)

Now if it's just about people coming from India and saying we studied at London (although at crappy unis lol) then that's another matter lol cos there are a lot of people like that. But I hope you realise that no matter what uni they study at they still have to pay international fees of usually around 10,000! =|
I don't know if this was on the news or anything but a friend of mine was telling me how she has a cousin at LSE university. (It is one of the top 5 unis for social science studies in the whole of UK) She said there were a group of boys who had come from Delhi and in order to pay off the money for uni tuition fees, they sold ALL of their land in India, sold whatever expensive jewellery they owned in order to graduate from a respectable uni. Wanna know what happened? They couldn't pass their degree and failed. This led to the group of boys committing suicide.Ouch
Due to the amount of Asians wanting to 'study abroad', there are soooooo many fake colleges/unis that have opened up that award immigrants with 'fake certificates' and 'fake degrees and qualifications'. It's like you're passing the "uni" and all you see are a group of immigrant middle aged men who think they're studying at a qualified uni when they really aren't. If anyone wants to look it up, then this was on BBC news a while ago where a Pakistani man talks about how he was conned in this whole so-called education system.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Sneha

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Why Go to Study Abroad? (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Sneha

IF-Dazzler

-Sneha

Posted: 29 November 2009 at 8:21am | IP Logged
Totally totally true!Thumbs Up

Ask me, I am going through Unis right now during holidays for applications next year for the year 2011. Do you know the kind of money Unis ask? Nothing around less than 9 million rupees in the best Unis for International students for a 6-year MBBS course! What kind of money is that? Confused My mum keeps on saying she is having sleepless nights just thinking about it all. It is not just about the money then, it is about what you mentioned as well. Being reassured that the University is actually a recognized one internationally with WHO etc... It's a hell of stuff to think about. Thank God Dad has contacts around to help!

Actually if you guys don't know it, for internationals, Indian private colleges is a lot of money as well. Nearly 3/4 of the Europe fee!!!!! Ouch

the_Naked_face

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 29 November 2009 at 12:27pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 29 November 2009 at 8:20pm | IP Logged
I think people go abroad for a better chance at education. Schools in India can be pretty competitive and some people don't feel they can take the competition - which is perfectly alright, because the competition can get pretty hostile sometimes. And then there's the ragging in Indian colleges, which is really getting out of hand. I have a cousin who's studying in a college in India and he said ragging can be really mean spirited sometimes and distracts one greatly from studying. Schools abroad, especially in America, are more sophisticated in that topic.

And there's also the issue of money, better life, etc. depending on where the person lives.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top