Book Talk

Discussion: The Quote that You can NEVER forget! (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 5

Page 1 Page 4
Page   of 5

spiritcrimson

IF-Sizzlerz

spiritcrimson

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 12 April 2010 at 1:44am | IP Logged
My Favorite Quotes are:

"LOve means, never having to say you're sorry" Love Story by Erich Segal.

And

"We all have a clock inside us, and in order to make love, the hands on both clocks have to be pointing at the same hour at the same time" - Eleven Minutes by Paulo Coelho

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Discussion: The Quote that You can NEVER forget! (Page 5)" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Aladin-

IF-Dazzler

-Aladin-

Posted: 13 April 2010 at 10:23am | IP Logged
Most of my favourite quotes are obviously from Harry Potter.

It's a strange thing, but when you are dreading something, and would give anything to slow down time, it has a disobliging habit of speeding up. 

If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.

Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open. 

It was, he thought, the difference between being dragged into the arena to face a battle to the death and walking into the arena with your head held high.  Some people, perhaps, would say that there was little to choose between the two ways, but Dumbledore knew - and so do I, thought Harry, with a rush of fierce pride, and so did my parents - that there was all the difference in the world.

It is a curious thing, Harry, but perhaps those who are best suited to power are those who have never sought it.  Those who, like you, have leadership thrust upon them, and take up the mantle because they must, and find to their own surprise that they wear it well. 

Other than that, I do love these quotes by Oscar Wilde.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Illusion is the first of all pleasures.

Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

HPCRAZYElusiveDevotion

Vedika211

Goldie

Vedika211

Posted: 14 July 2010 at 1:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by whatsername

'Had we but world enough and time'
- the time traveller's wife

'for you, a thousand times over'
- the kite runner

'Had we but world enough and time' is the first line of the poem 'To His Coy Mistress' by Andrew Marvell. Brilliant poem!

Anhdara13

IF-Rockerz

Anhdara13

BollyCurry Screen Writer

Posted: 14 July 2010 at 1:26am | IP Logged
favourite quote atm:

"Get away from my brother."
- Damon Salvatore, Dark Reunion.

ILUVPREM

ILUVPREM

Posted: 14 July 2010 at 5:51pm | IP Logged
there was a quote in the book, the forbidden daughter by Shobhan Bantwal it glued to me and at the sametime brought tears 2 my eyes.

Maybe cuz i'm a girl but, it killed me thinking what an impact it has on someone else I dont even know.

The quote I believed went (sorry I cant remember it entirely since I'm kinda recoverin 4rm a fever)

I'd rather die a million painful deaths but, God don't return me to this Earth as a Girl.

Monika__29

Monika__29

Posted: 15 July 2010 at 1:16pm | IP Logged
From Spirit Bound by Richelle Mead:

"Love Fades. Mine has."

This quote made me cry, the tone was so powerful when Dimitri said this to Rose.

I think it is true in a way- I mean you won't love the same person for your whole life, whether it be a partner or a best friend. I know many people think you can- but most won't.

This part stuck out to me most in the book,but to understand why, you'd have to read the book (I REALLY recommend it). They shared the most powerful of moments in the Church and that's where he ends it.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top