Book Talk

Discussion: The Quote that You can NEVER forget! (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 5

Page 1
Page   of 5
Page 3 Page 5

cityoflights

IF-Veteran Member

cityoflights

Posted: 30 December 2009 at 7:25am | IP Logged
This is my fav. one from Sarah Dessen's Lock and Key  that I really like. If you haven't read it, you really should.  

"It's a lot easier to be lost than found. It's the reason we're always searching and rarely discovered--so many locks not enough keys."

Nice topic Mahi! :D

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

nondescript-Aladin-

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Discussion: The Quote that You can NEVER forget! (Page 2)" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

nondescript

IF-Dazzler

nondescript

Posted: 30 December 2009 at 11:59am | IP Logged
@ Arushi- Both very beautiful especially the Clock one. Loved it, Might use it on my next signature

@MusicalAiswarya - Beautiful

Well I can't remember where I read it sorryEmbarrassed but here goes -

-Nothing lasts forever, so live it up, drink it down. laugh it off, avoid all the bulls**t take chances and never have regrets because at one point everything you did was exactly what YOU wanted.

- True Love doesn't have a happy ending, it doesn't have an ending.

Edited by hannahdmg - 30 December 2009 at 12:01pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Arushi.cityoflights

cityoflights

IF-Veteran Member

cityoflights

Posted: 31 December 2009 at 8:29am | IP Logged
Thanks Hannah! I like your 2nd one a lot ;)

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

nondescript

Arushi.

IF-Rockerz

Arushi.

Posted: 10 January 2010 at 5:51am | IP Logged
Originally posted by hannahdmg

@ Arushi- Both very beautiful especially the Clock one. Loved it, Might use it on my next signature

@MusicalAiswarya - Beautiful

Well I can't remember where I read it sorryEmbarrassed but here goes -

-Nothing lasts forever, so live it up, drink it down. laugh it off, avoid all the bulls**t take chances and never have regrets because at one point everything you did was exactly what YOU wanted.

- True Love doesn't have a happy ending, it doesn't have an ending.
hannaaah !
where have you been?
i havent seen you in sooooooooooo long !!
and you know i saw the second qoute of yours in the signature andi  truly loved it...
and i can i please use the first one as my status?
please?
well,
im going to put it right now.. you can shout at me later LOL

and im glad you liked it... its a personal favourite of mine too...
hope to catch ya soon girl,
loads of love,
arushi

nondescript

shellytt

shellytt

Posted: 18 January 2010 at 1:30pm | IP Logged
I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a man with a gun in his hand.  It's when you know you're licked before you begin but you begin anyway and you see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do.  ~Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird

I love the idea that to be brave, doesn't necessarialy mean that you'll win or that its easy. It means that to be brave you must always stand up for what is right not easy. That to me was the premise of this quote and the book itself.

The book also has alot more wonderful quotes that I love, another one :

"They're certainly entitled to think that, and they're entitled to full respect for their opinions... but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -   Again you must always do what is right for you to live with yourself.

"Until I feared I would lose it, I never loved to read. One does not love breathing." I think everyone here can relate to this quote.

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view--until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it."  Since I read this, when I was much younger, I've always tried to interact with people like this. I can't honestly say I've always succeeded, but I do try.

There are alot more wonderful quotes from this novel and if you haven't read it I suggest you do. Harper Lee was an amazing writer and To Kill a Mockingbird was her one and only work. I think she said that with this book, she said all that she need to say and therefore she didn't need to write another one. Our Loss i guess, but the messages here are to live by.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

HPCRAZYElusiveDevotion-Aladin-Arushi.

Nadz_YuNalover

IF-Addictz

Nadz_YuNalover

Posted: 19 January 2010 at 6:13am | IP Logged
i read a book called lovestory just recently and it had a qoute "love means to never have to say sorry" i think that was a beautiful quote! cant remember the writer sorry!

spiritcrimson

ElusiveDevotion

IF-Dazzler

ElusiveDevotion

Posted: 20 January 2010 at 11:14pm | IP Logged
Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.
-from Goblet of Fire

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Aladin-Arushi.Beyond_the_Veil

HPCRAZY

Goldie

HPCRAZY

Posted: 21 January 2010 at 12:02pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by shellytt

I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a man with a gun in his hand.  It's when you know you're licked before you begin but you begin anyway and you see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do.  ~Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird

I love the idea that to be brave, doesn't necessarialy mean that you'll win or that its easy. It means that to be brave you must always stand up for what is right not easy. That to me was the premise of this quote and the book itself.

The book also has alot more wonderful quotes that I love, another one :

"They're certainly entitled to think that, and they're entitled to full respect for their opinions... but before I can live with other folks I've got to live with myself.  The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." -   Again you must always do what is right for you to live with yourself.

"Until I feared I would lose it, I never loved to read. One does not love breathing." I think everyone here can relate to this quote.

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view--until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it."  Since I read this, when I was much younger, I've always tried to interact with people like this. I can't honestly say I've always succeeded, but I do try.

There are alot more wonderful quotes from this novel and if you haven't read it I suggest you do. Harper Lee was an amazing writer and To Kill a Mockingbird was her one and only work. I think she said that with this book, she said all that she need to say and therefore she didn't need to write another one. Our Loss i guess, but the messages here are to live by.

Clap I second every single word in this wonderful post of Shellytt & I especially agree with the last paragraph."To Kill a Mocking Bird" is my all time favorite book too & I too simply love those wonderful words of wisdom uttered by Atticus in this gem of a  book,which Shellytt has taken the trouble to produce verbatim aboveClapClapClap

Here's another quote that I came across in a book which I finished reading recently; "My Sister's Keeper" by Jodi Picoult.

"Sometimes to get what you want the most, you have to do what you want the least"

This quote made a real impact on my mind & now whenever I'm faced with a difficult or boring task I keep repeating this to myselfTongue

Edited by HPCRAZY - 22 January 2010 at 4:53am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

shellyttElusiveDevotionnondescript-Aladin-Arushi.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top