Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

Bartz

Goldie

Bartz

Posted: 22 November 2009 at 3:12pm | IP Logged
I often wonder what is it with Mahesh Bhatt and his family. He has been so vocal about our beloved neighbor "the epicenter of terrorism". He is so passionate about having friendly ties with the country that's state policy includes sending trained terrorists to create mayhem in our country. He goes out of his way to invite Singers/Actors from across the border and have them work in his movies. Most of his movies show muslims as poor victims and sympathise with them.

Now his son is in the news for being friends with a Headly guy who's from the same country his father is so passionate about.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Headley-probe-NIA-asks-Rahul-Bhatt-not-to-leave-Mumbai/articleshow/5235460.cms

So why out of all the people in Mumbai, Headly manages or chooses to be friends with people like Rahul Bhatt and probably Emran Hashmi? Is it because they have a soft corner for people with a connection from across the border?

The Bhatt family is trying to take a moral high ground by saying that they were the one who went and told the police commisioner about their friendship with Headly. So do you think they went and told the police because they wanted to help the police or were afraid that sooner or later police would find out about their friendly connection and then it would be difficult for them to defend themselves?

Though the entire episode does not show them to be involved in any bad activity, but out of all the people why Headly befriended Rahul Bhatt the son of Mahesh Bhatt who presents himself as the champion of muslims' cause. May be because it was easier to befriend him given their family's love for our neighboring country.

What do you guys have to say about this entire episode and its aftermaths? For the starters, I think one should be extremely cautious while making friends with somebody from this neighouring country even if they seem to be well educated or liberal or moderate or whatever they call themselves, not only in India but in any other country. Because in today's time you never know when a so called harmless guy turns out to be a Headely and a headache for us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

souroangelic_devil

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "The curious case of Mahesh Bhatt?" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 22 November 2009 at 10:17pm | IP Logged
Terrorism is spreading far and wide in India. Now it is difficult to issue clean chits to persons by their status, social standing or education..or family backgroud....It is therefore imperative that the Intelligence Net work is expanded to cover far and wide, so as to ensure that the Terror Dragon is crushed...My opinion there should be a conduct Polygraph Tests on all Terror Suspects, their Supporters, their Family Members.Approve

Money power and links at high places works wonders in this country.
Has the present government punished for its inability to handle 26/11 attacks inspite being forewarned.Has anything happened to taht fellow who masterminded the parliament attack?ConfusedSo this Rahul bhutt case also live long...nothing will happen...Smile

chal_phek_mat

chal_phek_mat

Posted: 23 November 2009 at 2:03am | IP Logged
Lets be honest they only came in front when they knew the guy was talking to FBI and it was only a matter of time before the cops showed up with full gear at their doorstep.

I dont trust the film fraternity in matters such as this. With examples like Sanjay Dutt, the connections the film community has with D-Company etc etc

To add to this the Bhatt's have really put themselves on the line here by being vocal for the cause of Friendship and openness with the Pakistani artist groups. When a lot of people just wanted to put a wall with Pakistan and cease all relationship. And now we have 166 people dead

They forget once you take up vocal support of a cause you are entrusted with a responsibility.With the wrecklessness of the Bhatt's they have just strengthened the voices of the right wing folks and their supporters that Pakistani's are not trustworthy.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Snehaangelic_devil

angelic_devil

IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 23 November 2009 at 4:00am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Bartz

Goldie

Bartz

Posted: 23 November 2009 at 8:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by angelic_devil

Still people r just curious about Mr. Bhatt? i always found him fishy and now my doubts are confirmed.

Still curious about Mr. Bhatt ! LOL Yep, I think many people might be. Shobhaa De (socialite/writer/journalist/whatever) called Bhatt's family dysfunctional. She tweeted "What is wrong with Mahesh Bhatt and his family? Dysfunctional is too mild a word. Now son Rahul's in a mess. Serious mess. All brawn no brain."

She might be correct there as she might know some inside scoops, Wink but I don't agree with her choice of words and approach. She usually seems to take personal potshots at people. Though her articles/blogs are sometimes interesting to read, not for the good content but for the masaala like some B-grade movie.

Here is a sample from her blogs.
http://shobhaade.blogspot.com/2009/11/ma-da-laadla-bighad-gayaa.html

"I love Mahesh Bhatt. He is passionate, well read, gutsy and impossible. So... when he called me on Friday to talk about my tweet on his son Rahul ( yup, same guy who has landed himself in a spot in the David Coleman Headley case), I was all ears and most interested in his take on what had gone wrong. Mahesh must have really worked the phone lines with the media after the story hit the headlines that day, as is clear from the front page coverage his version has received this morning. " They are making a villain out of a hero," fumes Mahesh in his son's defence. While Mahesh's daughter Pooja reserves her rage for my tweet where I had called the Bhatts a 'dysfunctional' family ( the Bhatts don't exactly exemplify the average Indian family, and that's what makes them unique) "

What is more interesting in this case is that now since Bhatt family is involved and they fear his son being harrased by the police. Would the Govt. come up with some new laws to protect the identity of genuine witness in future? If such laws exist already then its high time they implement them. What's with all those news in media that so and so witness in 26/11 is missing!! Though Bhatt family is as curious as it can be, what about so called aam aadmis who try to help the police, but are treated as culprits as their dad may not be able to create so much hue and cry in the media.

Edited by Bartz - 23 November 2009 at 8:37am

Bartz

Goldie

Bartz

Posted: 23 November 2009 at 9:12am | IP Logged
Originally posted by chal_phek_mat

Lets be honest they only came in front when they knew the guy was talking to FBI and it was only a matter of time before the cops showed up with full gear at their doorstep.

I dont trust the film fraternity in matters such as this. With examples like Sanjay Dutt, the connections the film community has with D-Company etc etc

To add to this the Bhatt's have really put themselves on the line here by being vocal for the cause of Friendship and openness with the Pakistani artist groups. When a lot of people just wanted to put a wall with Pakistan and cease all relationship. And now we have 166 people dead

They forget once you take up vocal support of a cause you are entrusted with a responsibility.With the wrecklessness of the Bhatt's they have just strengthened the voices of the right wing folks and their supporters that Pakistani's are not trustworthy.

First of all, I fail to understand why do we as a country even expect them to be trustworthy. Why would they be? Why should they be? Look at their state policy of terrorism against India since the time they got to lay their hands on a piece of land separated from India without doing anything worthwhile to get freedom. Possibly that's why their newly born country is in mess as may be they don't value the freedom much for which people fought as Indians. Look at their school texts which are full of hatred against India. So when their foundation is anti-India, their survival (especially their Govt and army) is based on saying and doing things against India, how can anybody expect them to be trustworthy. It's high time that we stop living in a dream world (in which people like Mr Bhatt lives) that one fine day they would realize their follies and would stop sending terrorists to not only our country but all over the world. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

yyyy

angelic_devil

IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 23 November 2009 at 6:51pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Bartz

Goldie

Bartz

Posted: 25 November 2009 at 8:13am | IP Logged
---deleted------

Edited by Bartz - 25 November 2009 at 8:19am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top