Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sarah1024 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 14 years ago
Aww, you seem so happy to back with your family! Glad you're enjoying your time with them. :-)

Yeah, the acting might be better than New York's ... but like you said, everything about the movie seemed too unappealing right from the start. I think I'll skip it too.

I know which fan you're talking about ... I can never fathom why people get so obsessed with real life couples. I mean fine, you ship them. But you don't have to like everything about them. One failed movie is not going to ruin their careers forever!

I'm glad I don't have any special favourites in Bollywood. I mean, I like those big SRK/ Aamir/ Kajol/ etc type of actors that everyone likes, but apart from that I don't watch any movie FOR an actor or actress. Any movie that's good is fine by me no matter who's in it. Unless of course, the person happens to be among the likes of Emraan Hashmi. :P
Edited by sarah1024 - 14 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: sarah1024

I know which fan you're talking about ... I can never fathom why people get so obsessed with real life couples. I mean fine, you ship them. But you don't have to like everything about them. One failed movie is not going to ruin their careers forever! LOL this is why it's called UNHEALTHY obsession😆.....ppl on IF always have a veryyyy difficult time realizing when they are overdoing their 'lowe' for an actor/actress😆😆😆

I'm glad I don't have any special favourites in Bollywood. I mean, I like those big SRK/ Aamir/ Kajol/ etc type of actors that everyone likes, but apart from that I don't watch any movie FOR an actor or actress. @bold: I so agree....I never really watch a movie for an actor either no matter how much I may like them otherwise....to date I haven't watched Mangal Pandey even though I like Aamir Khan as an actor....the movie looked really OTT and the reviews were bad too...so I never bothered....for me, the movie has to have some substance to it on it's own free standing to be enjoyable....the actors come in after that. Any movie that's good is fine by me no matter who's in it. Unless of course, the person happens to be among the likes of Emraan Hashmi. :P  LMAO....actually I'm starting to think he's not that bad....atleast all his movies have good music....haha

sarah1024 thumbnail
Don't bother watching Mangal Pandey ... it's a totally lame ass movie. Most movies about the pre-independence era's angrez are so OTT. I loved Lagaan though ... Mangal Pandey was just loud and over-dramatic. 

LOL, gotta agree on Emran Hashmi's movies having good music.

Random note - This viewbie thing is boring so far. The Laado forum is so, so, so calm. No wonder it survived for 8 months without any DT supervision. I practically have nothing to do apart from making the written update topics into stickies. No fights, no topic closing, no trashing ... Hmph, how boring! :P 
AreYaar thumbnail
LOLL so your viewbie job is free of any controversies to spice things up??? haha.....yeah that forum is really calm....I actually didn't even know of it's existence until that day you mentioned that you do written updates there....haha.....the BV forum is like that too....totally calm to the point of being dead usually barring the written/vid updates posted....and these days toh most ppl have left the forum cuz the tracks are so stagnant and pointless now :S

LOL maybe you can apply for the MJHT dev. team then now that some spots are open ;-) lol....that should cure you of your viewbie boredom quite quickly I'm sure....endless fights and topics to close...haha

*Edit: Hey maybe you could do some contests/DOTW or something to generate more activity in your forum :-) That's what Aditi tries to do in the BV forum....
Edited by nureat01 - 14 years ago
sarah1024 thumbnail
I tried doing DOTW, but it barely got replies. Started a game and an introduction thread as well. The game thread is going strong but the intro one didn't get a whole lot of replies ... just 10 - 15 people participated. And boy, there seem to be a LOT of newbies there ... so they are all too shy to come out and talk.

LOL, as much as I'd like some spice, the MJHT forum would be more than what I wanna bargain for. Plus I wouldn't be picked because a) I'm not active there and b) That forum's mods know that I'm a part of the infamously "evil" and "negative" group, so they wouldn't trust me to be a fair judge. :P
Edited by sarah1024 - 14 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail
LOL then you'd know where the shy newbies are coming from, right Sarah?? You've been shy for a long time on IF too, haina? ;-) lol

Chalo maybe the forum will pick up later on :-) Waise it's hard to get more activity in those forums cuz of lack of the usual masala like a jodi for ppl to gush/swoon over etc.....but try organizing some contest of some sort....some sig contest or something....maybe that will get more ppl to participate.

Haan MJHT forum is more than any sane person can handle.....hats off to the ppl who manage to survive in there :P haha.....
AreYaar thumbnail
Oye why don't your organize a banner contest?? Does that forum have a banner?? I can't seem to recall now :S lol
sarah1024 thumbnail
Yeah, I guess I'll try organizing a contest or something. I agree about the lack of couples to swoon over - that's why most of these forums are barren.

LMAO I know! The MJHT people deserve a gold medal for handling that place.

I'm off to sleep now ... see you later! Goodnight. *hugs*

P.S. Check out this HOWLARIOUS Kurbaan review in the form of a comic strip. 🤣

http://ow.ly/Ecz6
nimrah thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
@ Mitsy - Yeah that's a new show. Pyaar Ka Bandhan.. I dunno if its like KHNK but its about 4 siblings who got estranged in childhood.. and Prateeksha is one of the girl..

Yeah you can call me whatever you want to.. 😆

I don't watch Roadies.. I don't get MTV here.. If its a new season then I catch up on Youtube.. How many episodes have been aired?

@ Sarah - Yeah, I read that comic strip as well.. Its way hilarious.. 🤣
Edited by nimrah - 14 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail
Originally posted by: sarah1024

P.S. Check out this HOWLARIOUS Kurbaan review in the form of a comic strip. 🤣

http://ow.ly/Ecz6

OMG this is tooooooooooooo good yaaaaaaaar🤣 Best review on this movie yet! Someone should post it in the Bolly forum! LOL