Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

-Precious

IF-Dazzler

-Precious

Posted: 22 November 2009 at 8:00am | IP Logged
Okay i started reading DH (once againTongue) and this thought came up (which has been coming up each time i start the book since the last few time) but this time i decided to post it here to get some answers

Well when harry is packing for his journey it is mentioned that he keeps the imp. stuff in his rucksack and his robes and other stuff are left in his room "he thought about what his aunt and uncle would do with these probably burn them in the middle of the night as evidence of a crime" (something of that sort) Later it is mentioned that his aunt uncle and dudley are leaving as well and will be in order protection (which must mean that they won't be coming back to their house before voldemorts death? or atleast not before the death eaters are done with the house?)

If they wont be in the house how....actually why would they burn his things????

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Confused!" in Harry Potter forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

chhilt

IF-Rockerz

chhilt

Posted: 22 November 2009 at 9:35am | IP Logged
I can think of two possible solutions to this....

One.... Harry was probably just thinking about what they would do.... not what they will do.... he could possibly be contemplating what the Dursleys, out of habit, would think about magical stuff left in their house...

Two.... he could be thinking ahead to when they would one day come back to the house.... because he was setting out with the belief that he would destroy Voldemort which would free the Dursleys to come back to their own house once more....

Hope that helped :P

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

..RamKiJanaki..

-Precious

IF-Dazzler

-Precious

Posted: 22 November 2009 at 10:54am | IP Logged
Originally posted by chhilt

I can think of two possible solutions to this....

One.... Harry was probably just thinking about what they would do.... not what they will do.... he could possibly be contemplating what the Dursleys, out of habit, would think about magical stuff left in their house...

That one makes senseWink

Two.... he could be thinking ahead to when they would one day come back to the house.... because he was setting out with the belief that he would destroy Voldemort which would free the Dursleys to come back to their own house once more....

This one came to my mind as well what made me think otherwise was that the Death easters would probably search the house and usually they "blast" everything out of their way so the things wouldn't have survived long enough to be burned by the dursleys

Hope that helped :P

..RamKiJanaki..

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 22 November 2009 at 5:29pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Maryam.U

If they wont be in the house how....actually why would they burn his things????

Hmm, nicely thought out question.LOL

I think that either it was a blooper by JKR...or Harry was referring to a time when Voldemort would die and the Dursleys would move back into Privet Drive (wishful thinking on his part maybe, since he didn't know for sure that Voldy would die?).

I think it's more likely that it's a blooper, because Harry wouldn't have known for sure that Voldykins would die for sure.

-Navi

IF-Rockerz

-Navi

Posted: 22 November 2009 at 7:09pm | IP Logged
I have a DH question too.

1) Harry didn't die "In the Forrest Again", why? He didn't have all the deathly hallows with him, he dropped the resurrection ring on the way there.

2) Why didn't Harry die when Voldemort AK-ed him in the final battle, both of them were mortal at that point because no more horcruxes remained.

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 22 November 2009 at 7:21pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Navi

1) Harry didn't die "In the Forrest Again", why? He didn't have all the deathly hallows with him, he dropped the resurrection ring on the way there.  Have to think about this one..

2) Why didn't Harry die when Voldemort AK-ed him in the final battle, both of them were mortal at that point because no more horcruxes remained. Harry had the elder wand and he was its true master, so he couldn't be killed by it.

-Precious

chhilt

IF-Rockerz

chhilt

Posted: 23 November 2009 at 12:11am | IP Logged

1) Harry didn't die "In the Forrest Again", why? He didn't have all the deathly hallows with him, he dropped the resurrection ring on the way there. He didn't die because when Voldemort cast the Killing Curse on him, it only killed the Horcrux that was inside Harry... which left Harry's soul completely his again....

2) Why didn't Harry die when Voldemort AK-ed him in the final battle, both of them were mortal at that point because no more horcruxes remained.
  He was the true owner of the Elder wand at that time.... so Voldemort couldn't have killed him...

Hope that helped :)

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Precious..RamKiJanaki..

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 23 November 2009 at 8:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by chhilt

1) Harry didn't die "In the Forrest Again", why? He didn't have all the deathly hallows with him, he dropped the resurrection ring on the way there. He didn't die because when Voldemort cast the Killing Curse on him, it only killed the Horcrux that was inside Harry... which left Harry's soul completely his again....

He was the true owner of the Elder wand at that time.... so Voldemort couldn't have killed him...

Hope that helped :)

Now I remember the explanation to question #1, thanks Chhilt!

chhilt

Post Reply New Post

Go to top