Twilight

New Moon: Reviews and Spoilers<-HERE (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 6

Page 1
Page   of 6
Page 3 Page 6

nhhk

nhhk

Posted: 21 November 2009 at 12:13pm | IP Logged

I loved the whole movie and TAYLOR SHINED OUT THROUGH-OUT THE WHOLE MOVIE!!!

But I was pissed off when Bella said to Jacob in the end that she loves him but she would choose Edward...Its was really heart broking for Jacob! I CRIED!

Team Switzerland!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Alina-shala-deepzAmbrosia

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "New Moon: Reviews and Spoilers<-HERE (Page 2)" in Twilight forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Leenasmg

IF-Sizzlerz

Leenasmg

Posted: 21 November 2009 at 1:33pm | IP Logged
Im with u there Hazel! I loved all the scenes u mentioned which was like the whole film!
I loveee Jacob in this film! He looked awesomeee..well when he cut his hair! lol! His six pack is like wow..it was bigger than Edwards! hahaha! But he looked amazingg! And his acting was really good..u really feel for Jacob in this film..and i think Taylor can really act..he wasn't in Twilight that much..and this film is mainly him and i lovedd it!

I trulyy loved the way the film ended..it was an amazingg ending! coz i was thinking..hmm..how are they gonna end the film but i give Chris credit..the way it leaves u hanging..its gr888! But then i felt sorry for Jacob too..when he turned into a wolf u could still see he was crying and it was like awwww!

But i really liked Kristen in this film too! her acting has improved and was really good..it didn't look fake or anything like some of the scenes in twilight did! and well i lovee the Cullen familyy..i liked the Bella and Carlisle scene where he fixes her up..it was really sweet! and then in the end when they're voting and emmett picks bella up and hugs her that was really cuteee man! i lovee Emmett..he's adorable!

so yh..overall i loved New Moon..i think it was a lot better than Twilight..and i think well the new director has something to do with it as well as the fact that this film showed much more of characters that weren't shown that much in Twilight and the fact that there were new characters too! The effects used for the werewolves was remarkable..its been done very nicely..they look soo real...and well Jacob is the best looking wolf too..the colour of his fur is the best! LOL!

Edited by Leenasmg - 21 November 2009 at 1:34pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

hazel94Arushi.Ambrosia

-Navi

IF-Rockerz

-Navi

Posted: 21 November 2009 at 9:32pm | IP Logged
New Moon on IMDB.com

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

-Alina-contingencyAmbrosiaU-No-Poohgrhrunknowndesires.

-Alina-

IF-Rockerz

-Alina-

Posted: 21 November 2009 at 9:56pm | IP Logged

Holy Box Office Smash! New Moon Beats Dark Knight?

Posted by Twilight_News - 20/11/09 at 12:11 pm

Official Summit Number now in!

"Summit has announced that The Twilight Saga: New Moon has officially set a new all-time midnight box office record, taking in $26.27M from 3514 theaters."

According to Larry at ProNetworks (someone who regularly watches these things):

"UPDATE 12:00 NOON:

Unofficial reports say The Twilight Saga: New Moon has shattered The Dark Knight's $18.4M midnight debut for a 3-day weekend. Sources put the total at $23-24M. This would also surpass Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, whose 5-day weekend began with $22.2M on a Tuesday night. Summit has not yet released official numbers."

EDITED: HitFix also chiming in:

"No one expected "The Twilight Saga: New Moon" to disappoint at the box office, but even Summit Entertainment has to be surprised by the massive opening the sequel garnered from midnight shows across the country.  Distributors are still submitting their grosses but sources tell HitFix "New Moon" has set a new record and may have made as much as $25 million from its midnight launch.

To compare, previous record holder "The Dark Knight" made $18.4 million in over 3,000 theaters, but some of those screens were of the IMAX variety which charge higher ticket prices thereby inflating the overall gross.  Not jumping on the IMAX bandwagon (so far), only makes "New Moon's" gross even more remarkable."

The Hollywood Reporter on Overseas Sales:

"Summit reported Thursday afternoon that at midnight showings on 466 screens in Australia, the movie took in AUS$1.7 million ($1.6 million). It sailed past the previous Australian midnight record set by "Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith," which took in AUS$1.26 million ($1.2 million) in 2005."Click here to see European sales totals.

LA Times:

"The vampires have beat the boy wizard.

According to four people close to the movie, "The Twilight Saga: New Moon" sold more than $22.2 million worth of tickets in midnight shows last night, beating a record set this summer by "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince."

Two people close to the pictures said the exact gross, which is still being calculated by Summit Entertainment, could be as high as $26 million."

This entry was posted on Friday, November 20th, 2009 at 12:47 pm and is filed under News. The entry is tagged under box office.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

In-Sanity-TrivArushi.Ambrosiaeshaaax3.

shona.

IF-Rockerz

shona.

Posted: 22 November 2009 at 9:28am | IP Logged
ok so jus saw the movie today
firstly its way better than twilight
however i wasnt blown away by it... probably coz i new exactly wat was gna happen next...it was good though

its a complete taylor lautner show-he's amazing throughtout the film n no one can play jacob black as convincingly as hime
r pattz is like ony there for 3-4 scenes buts plays edward perfectly
kristen looks a mess-lol but then thats her character so its ok

alice is awesome n the volturi are just plain creepy-esp jane-she looks 100% evil

the rest of the cullens hardly appear but where they do-they do well

overall a worthy watch for fans but not all that spectacular

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Arushi.eshaaax3.

-SabzWay-

IF-Rockerz

-SabzWay-

Posted: 22 November 2009 at 11:04am | IP Logged

Was it better than Twilight?
YES! It was way better than Twilight!Big smile

Do you think it looks good? Underwhelmed?
It was awesome, way better than Twilight. New Moon was more darker.

Will you see it again in the theaters?
Yes, definitely yes.Big smile

Better than you hoped?
Yupp!Big smile

What bits did you like?
I loved every bit of the movie although the breakup scene did make me cry.
From all the Edward-Bella scenes in the movie my most favorite scenes were the Edward-Bella reunion scene in Italy and the bedroom scene after Bella wakes up (after they return back from Italy) and when Edward says "Marry me" to Bella. I also like the Jacob and Bella scenes, the motorcycle, the movie theater scene which was funny especially when Jacob was about to punch Mike (Jacob's werewolf instincts and anger were kicking in.LOL). I also loved the Alice and Bella scene where Bella was so surprised and happy to see Alice there. I liked the Alice Bella Jacob scene and the Edward and Jacob confrontation scene.  I also loved the part where Edward was reciting Romeo's lines from Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet. I love the part where Edward says "Marry me" to Bella and then the movie ends.

Something that I loved that was in the movie but not in the book was:
That Bella would write to Alice by email about her life without Edward. That shows how strong Bella's friendship with Alice is and how close they are. But the sad thing is that Bella would get a failure notice each time because Alice had already deleted her email when the Cullens left, so Alice never recieved the emails.

-Sabeen :D

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Arushi.Ambrosia

pomegranate

IF-Dazzler

pomegranate

Posted: 22 November 2009 at 2:52pm | IP Logged
I just came back from the theatre. obviously I watched new moon, and let me tell you, it was awsome even better then twilight. both rob and kristens performence was amazing, it also  improved a great deal. I feel that kristen doesn't get enough credit, so I'm gonna focus on her for a little bit. Kristin looked stunning in the movie even with minimal makeup, she portrayed the pain and sorrow perfectly, I'm soo happy to say that I loved to see her as bella and wouldn't prefer anyone else. and rob, what can I say about him? of course he is gorgeous but there is so much more to him then just the good looks, this guy is an amzing actor, his expressions are too awsome to describe. during the break up scene i felt as heartbroken as he felt, both rob and kris made that scene as painful as possible and i felt like hugging them both for it. Unlike twilight, in new moon Taylor managed to exist and stand out through out the whole movie. I'm not a huge jacob fan but I fell in love with him in this film, felt so sorry for him at the end, taylor bought jacob to life, he shined throughout the film and proved to me that he can act.
the cullens were awsome too, in this movie they looked like the cullens from the book rich and beautiful, i don't know what it was maybe the makeup  or the wardrobe but they all looked stunning and well put togather. for the first time i can truly say nikki reed looked like rosalie hale and I'm not mad at catherine hardwicke for casting her.
last but not the least, the Volturi. The Volturi are deliciously creepy with the red eyes and dark personality.. aro did most of talking and caius and marcus was basically just sitting on their thrones. Jane, played by dakota fanning was plain evil she didn't do much talking either but those unnerving stares and expressions did the talking for her.
the action and stunts were good too, the one where felix and edward and fighting to the ones where the werewolveswere chasing laurent. victoria and her blazing red hair was great, her vicious look and intentions were pretty interesting to watch, speaking of victoria, I'm gonna miss rachelle lefevre in eclipse i wish they didn't replace her. ok so um.. heidi, the vampire who attracts humens by her magnetic beauty. so where was she was... I swear I saw her in a red dress but couldn't even have a good look at her. they hyped up the girl who plays her for nothing. 

My fave scenes was, when edward was first shown looking all cool and gorgeous coming out ofhis volvo.
-edward reciting the lines from romeo and juliette
-bella saving edward in italy
-the volturi scene
-when paul trensformed and both jacob and him were fighting.
-last scene were edward smirks and says marry me.

so all in all new moon was a treat, it was beyond amazing, if movie tickets were cheap in canada i would go and watch it again. now we can all seewhat a good director  and a high budget can do. and of course if you have a shining cast then the movie will obviously good. new moon was better then twilight and chris weitz did an awsome job. it lived up to my expectations and I'm glad that i came out of the theatre with a smile on my face.

Edited by pomegranate - 22 November 2009 at 2:57pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Mona_Maurya-Alina-Arushi.Ambrosiaunknowndesires.

Tani91

IF-Sizzlerz

Tani91

Posted: 22 November 2009 at 4:34pm | IP Logged
really sorry for this essay but I had to say it all (CONTAINS SPOLERS...so read at your own risk...but if you've read the book then it doesnt really matter)

saw the movie this weekend...and OMG I was blown away!! I take back everything bad I ever said about Kristen...to me Kristen and Taylor were the show stoppersThumbs Up....Rob was good as well...I'm really starting to like him now.Day Dreaming....I saw all the pre and post interviews on the late night shows and such...all 3 of the main actors seem really humble and down to earthBig smileBig smileBig smile...also saw all the Dakota Fanning and Kellen Lutz interviews....all of them are really sweet gorgoeus and down to earthEmbarrassed... but it was a shame that the rest of the Cullens didnt get a big enough part in this one...also I was pissed that Dakota Fanning had like 2 linesUnhappy.....

ok so in depth now

Kristen- was simply AMAZING as Bella...like I mentioned before I take back everything bad I said about her...she looks absolutely gorgeous in this one...and her acting had improved a lot!...she portrays Bella well..and I loved all of her interviews that she gave on the talk shows...she is really well grounded

Rob-Rob again surprised me...I thought he was good for the 4 scenes that he was in...but I did NOT like him shirtless...overall he was good

Taylor-Taylor Taylor Taylor...sweet and OMG sexy Taylor...WOW just WOW...he blew me away as Jacob...because of him I'm on Team Jacob now..lol....He did an amazing job as this was all about Jacob-Bella...amazing chemistry with Kristen and nice job with all the shirtless scenesDay Dreaming

Volturi- The guy who played Aro freaked me out...but he did a good job...like I said..I wanted to see more of Dakota playing Jane...but in the 2 lines she had she did an amazing job!.....basically I thought the Volturi was well cast and everyone fit their roles

Wolf pack- again its a shame that they didnt get more than 2 lines...but the shirtless boys were burning up the screenDay DreamingDay Dreaming....really they were all good...and I LOVED all the times they transformed.

Cullens-again no one was shown more than like 2 scenes excpet Edward and Alice of course.. Ashley again steals the scene as Alice...loved her in her scenes.... and I also loved that they gave all the vamps the freaky red eyes...it gave a nice effect to the vamp thing.......and as always Emmett looked sexy!....and I loved Jasper's one liners in the end....Rose and Esme looked pretty.. and Carlisle was amazing as usual

Story- I think this is one of those rare times when the movie is SO much better than the book...I seiorusly hated the book...but the movie is 10000 times better in my opinion...the director did a good job excecuting each scene with all the special effects and everything! great job....

Overall I LOVED the movie so much more than the first one...this one had more color and more stunts which was amazing...I think its a treat for all die hard Twilight fans...and its a good movie...but can someone please enlighten men (SPOILER ALERT)

in the book did Edward really ask Bella to marry him in NM...I thought it was in Eclipse?

Edited by Tani91 - 22 November 2009 at 4:36pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

pomegranate-Alina-Arushi.Ambrosia

Post Reply New Post

Go to top