Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

~ World Hello Day contest WINNER~

Perfangel5655 IF-Sizzlerz
Perfangel5655
Perfangel5655

Posted: 20 November 2009 at 9:06am | IP Logged

Thank you to everyone who celebrated World Hello day on India-forums.ClapClapClap The objective was to say hello to atleast 10 people but most of us surpassed that number.WinkThumbs Up

I know to many it might sound pointless but the teaches us a great message. By greeting others, the message is for world leaders to use communication rather than force to settle conflicts.

Next time you have some sort of problem with someone realize they are people just like you. Simply greet them and try to understand what they are saying. Maybe they are not so bad afterall.

As the great Buddha said " Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings peace."

And Hello is such a word.

Before I announce the winner I would like to say hello (and thank you) to Priya di, Mona, xoHarshaxo , Ananya, Fatemah Baji, Kavya, honeydaisy, Raksha di, Azra, Ishan, Mahi, Pinkisluv, Roshni, Jot, Samia, Alsha, jennichait_kasu, N786, k_anjali12 , ayushma30, premeer928, -LilyGurl- , ~*mishu*~, Prinnia, mimi, Mou, Riit Di, -Preeti-, tomnjerry2 , Naina, freezinme , -aditi-, karangrover4eva, mr.superkool , Mrs.MohitSehgal , nadz_J, jyoti, Sweet baby, -Ayushi- , kanwal_07 , NidheyaCole, aarohi-karan, Sandy, angelic_devil

First we have the special runner ups!! You guys were awesome. ClapClapClap Better than awesome. ( all 3 of you are winners in my eyes to be honest)

Congrats
xoHarshaxo, Smile 
Shininggal2008 Embarrassed 
and
Kavya.b Smile

Here is your winning signature Wink

And our winner is

Big smile

~ honeydaisy ~

ClapClapClap

Here is your winning signature

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you everyone once again Smile
Love
always always always

Originally posted by Perfangel5655

O.r.i.g.i.n.a.l...P.o.s.t

World Hello Day was begun in response to the conflict between Egypt and Israel in the Fall of 1973. Confused Since then, World Hello Day has been observed by people in 180 countries.Smile

People around the world use the occasion of World Hello Day as an opportunity to express their concern for world peace. Beginning with a simple greeting on World Hello Day, their activities send a message to leaders, encouraging them to use communication rather than force to settle conflicts.

As a global event World Hello Day joins local participation in a global expression of peace. http://www.worldhelloday.org.

31 winners of the Nobel Peace Prize are among the people who have realized World Hello Day's value as an instrument for preserving peace and as an occasion that makes it possible for anyone in the world to contribute to the process of creating peace.

Personally the day is very important to me. Keeping in mind most of us here are from many different parts of the world I can't find a better place to celebrate this day.

The way to celebrate World Hello day is by saying Hello to 10 people.LOLLOLBig smile ......well we will push for more here! Big smile

HOW TO PARTICIPATE!!!!
1. Tell us what do you think about this day!
2. You will greet as many people as you can from today till sunday morning. The person with the most hellos will win! Big smile

How to keep a record ::

You will say Hello here by making posts. Smile So everytime someone replies you can greet them. Make sure you address the person my their name to say hello.

You can pm your friends by saying hello. But it will only count if they come to this post and acknowledge that you have said greeted them.

Before you start a personal thanks. Embarrassed HugIt might not sound like a very important day but the effect this day has is remarkable!!

Cough cough ahem..I plan to win this thing myself so I will make sure I say Hello to each and everyone of you Wink get ready!! That too I will do it in different languages because I am awesome that way Big smileBig smileBig smile

Edited by Perfangel5655 - 22 November 2009 at 1:58pm

The following 29 member(s) liked the above post:

suganainsam78Mona_Mauryakajenlover4everadiroykapurBilliCat.honeydaisyprecious_zebaAngel-Ajyoti06the_charmminuu-Mystery-mimi0295Ambrosiaramas-Preeti-Angelic_JGur.N.cool-aditi-~*mishu*~Chandani_COptimisticEyesshininggal2008dhruviarmaanfankavya.b-Priii-nikita_88Nadz_YuNalover

OodlesDoodles IF-Veteran Member
OodlesDoodles
OodlesDoodles

Posted: 20 November 2009 at 9:54am | IP Logged
hello ji aap kaisa ho

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Mona_MauryaPerfangel5655

Mona_Maurya Goldie
Mona_Maurya
Mona_Maurya

Posted: 20 November 2009 at 10:05am | IP Logged
Hello Fatima...Thanx for the lovely post... Clap

Clap
i got this thread thorugh ur PM...count me in ur contest...
Kya tum winner ho jao aur main runner upWink LOL

Originally posted by perfangel5655

1. Tell us what do you think about this day!

I Think it's a perfect excuse to contact all those old friends with whom we lost in our busy life...

Edited by mona081187 - 20 November 2009 at 10:24am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Nayab-

ROBlicious. IF-Sizzlerz
ROBlicious.
ROBlicious.

Posted: 20 November 2009 at 10:07am | IP Logged
Hii Thanks for such a nice post =)

Mona_Maurya

Mona_Maurya Goldie
Mona_Maurya
Mona_Maurya

Posted: 20 November 2009 at 10:07am | IP Logged
Originally posted by priya.nair

hello ji aap kaisa ho

Hello Priya Di...Aap bhi winner banne aa gayeLOL...Shubh swagtam Wink Smile
Tongue
Mona_Maurya Goldie
Mona_Maurya
Mona_Maurya

Posted: 20 November 2009 at 10:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by xoHarshaxo

Hii Thanks for such a nice post =)

Hey Hi Hello Harsha...gudy gudy Welcum welcum...winner ki race mei tum bhi Wink LOL

lol it seems mujhe hi jaldi hai contest win karne ki LOL
Ambrosia IF-Veteran Member
Ambrosia
Ambrosia

*CID banner Contest Winner*

Posted: 20 November 2009 at 10:11am | IP Logged
Hello to you Fatima. This is my 2nd hello to you Tongue 
Lovely post as alwaysClap
KC294 IF-Dazzler
KC294
KC294

Posted: 20 November 2009 at 10:15am | IP Logged
Hello Fatima, Naina, Salma, and Sandy

I only heard about this day today, I guess its a good way to promote peace in our very un-peaceful world I hope we can soon all learn to live together.

Mwahs
Peace be upon you all

Mona_Maurya

Go to top