PIL filed seeking stay on Kurbaan's release

desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 14 years ago
Oh dear lord it never ends. First the poster, now the songs. Could these ppl not have said something, oh i dunno, like a MONTH ago when the songs were released? Or weeks ago when they started playing on tv? Kurbaan's gonna be the of me

PIL filed seeking stay on film release

Mumbai: A PIL has been filed in the Bombay high court seeking a stay on the release of the Bollywood film Kurbaan starring Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor slated for release on Friday. According to the PIL, two songs in the movie produced by Karan Johar Shukran Allah and Ali Maula hurt the sentiments of the Muslim community. The petitioner has urged the court to order the filmmakers to delete the songs before screening the movie in theatres. The PIL is to be heard on Thursday. TNN

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anku- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Hmmm! There is an intresting debate going on in the DM regarding Kurbaan...

Kurbaan - Speaking For Moderate Islam?

The girls a muslim I believe. Liked quite alot of her points.

And now I see this. I think Karan will get it sorted out and not want his movie to get damaged in any way at this stage. Lets see!!
naadanmasakalli thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 9
now i am a muslim and i don;t see how they hurt the so called feelings they are used in the right sense?
desigal90 thumbnail
I disagree with her views Angelz, coz she's stereotyping hte movie. And look at hwat she says. "We muslims dont need bollywood to make movies about us"
WTF?

Anyawys, I'm muslim as well and not the least bit offended by the music. Its just a movie for god's sake. It hasnt voiced or made any points against Islam.
anku- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I guess its from person to person Desu.!

Originally posted by: desigal90

I disagree with her views Angelz, coz she's stereotyping hte movie. And look at hwat she says. "We muslims dont need bollywood to make movies about us"

WTF?

Anyawys, I'm muslim as well and not the least bit offended by the music. Its just a movie for god's sake. It hasnt voiced or made any points against Islam.

ditto desu  i disagree with her too like seriously the point that we aren't allowed to have sex outside of marriage yes f9 we aren't but it's not like no muslim on earth ever did it infact most of the  arabs i've seen are  are very open and out of their limits they also drink and do everything prohibited no offence to anyone and  coming  to kurbaan till now i haven't seen anything that offended me in that film i am perfectly f9 with it some people just have to take things to extreme lever and  exxaggerate
desigal90 thumbnail
And not just that Fary, in Kurbaan saif and kareena are MARRIED, lol
So I dont see what's so offensive. Its like these ppl want movies to glorify a certain aspect of society.
Well let me just say, our world is anything BUT glorious or perfect at the moment. Its time we embrace reality.
no desu i was talking about fanaa as the girl reffered to fanna that aamir had a kid without marrying zooni and all it 's all so real peopel do it all the time muslim or no muslim

i know that ehsaan and avantika are married
desigal90 thumbnail
Yeha ur right, even in reality. Come on, I know tons of muslim girls who arent exactly the image that they wish to portray.
I'm just so nervous about kurbaan fary
don't worry yaar it'll all be f9 inshallah  people just have to find a reason to get their moment of fame